Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-10-06 Movie Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So q should be Three O'Clock High, since the movie starts with gossip about the new crazy student that is starting that day;

Which makes the final one y, and the only movie left is Hiding Out. Should we be working on confirmations of all this, some double checking maybe?
flamencopirate
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that a lot of the movies have something to do with being something that you're not. I really hope that this whole puzzle isn't just telling us that a character is pretending to be someone that he/she is not. For example:

Fight Club is about multiple personalities, which hide the person's true personality.

The Breakfast Club is about breaking out of stereotypes and that titles are deceiving at describing what a person is really like

Cruel Intentions is about manipulation, drugs, lies, and a whole lot of other similar themes.

This is a long shot and I really hope there's more to the puzzle than just telling us that we're believing things we shouldn't.

edit: I'm a tool.

Please come home.

Love, Your House

Last edited by flamencopirate on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparkyb
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Cruel Intentions Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain we are right about F: 043396038271 Cruel Intentions being "o: Probably grounded? She looks so young for her age."

Here's two possible pieces of dialog:
DVD Chapter 14
0:39:20
Katherine: "I think there's something going on between Ceceile and her music teacher"
Mrs. Caldwell: "Ronald? that's crazy."
Katherine: "I know, she's so young, and he's so"
Mrs. Caldwell: "Black."
Katherine: "He's been sending her love letters that she hides under her dollhouse."

DVD Chapter 16
0:47:25
Sebastian: "Oh wow. She doesn't know you're here. In fact, you're probably grounded."
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Eddie" gets the girl is about Hiding out. Though no one is able to get their hands on the movie, wikipedia's plot synopsis says it is about an guy undercover as Andrew at a high school. At the end, his name is revealed:
Andrew comes from around the tree, now known as Eddie Collins, having opted to go into teaching. Andrew is reunited with Ryan as the credits roll.

"eddie" gets the girl, eventually."
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so then we would have :

lEm5n7oFp3qyr2s1t6uBuDw8xEzA

I don't know all the code tricks - but I put it in on a website, and it didn't work for me...

Any of you code geniuses have an idea?
quizzoc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Take on How to Do this Puzzle

From Tachyon's profile, after decoded:

Match the quote/scene/sequence (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE). Watch and compare the lowercase scene in each UPPERCASE movie to find a pattern that will determine how you handle the UPPERCASE letters/numbers.

So, I think this tells us that these movies are NOT just pieces of the OP/TACH story, they are clues to a puzzle. Obviously, we need to COMPARE the lowercase scenes (time, maybe), so we can HANDLE the uppercase letters. Something will be done with the uppercase letters!

Also, from Tachy's profile

Finding the Order is simple. As long as you watch each one closely (and can spare the hours, of course). With any luck you'll work past any 'identity' issues to make the necessary connections as well.

I think the word ORDER here is key. She is not referring to the order with deacons and watchers, but rather the numerical or alphabetical order. So, I think we need to find the order of the uppercase numbers and letters!! Also, the word "hours" might refer to the time being important.

Well, thats my take. Thoughts??

EDIT: spare the hours If we get rid of the hour where these scenes are mentioned, and just look at the minutes, this is possibly how to compare the scenes. Spare the hours = get rid of them??

Last edited by quizzoc on Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Tach said this:

Finding the Order is simple. As long as you watch each one closely (and can spare the hours, of course). With any luck you'll work past any 'identity' issues to make the necessary connections as well."

So, do we need to find the order of these now?

Do we need to spare the hours - take out hours, or work past identity - take out identity - take out tachyon? take out me? or I or i? Grrrr...I dunno.

Or...so we need to have the time of each quote, from each movie, and put them in order?
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Warning: Newbie Reply with quote

cynicar wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have time to look into it, but I think the Breakfast Club Clue (sonic echo yelling) could also refer to the scene where Judd Nelson's character acts out his father beating him. There's a weird echo thing that's done with his voice and he stalks off at the end exhausted.

That would also match the badass reference better than the jock. (Judd plays the rebel).

Just a thought from someone who's obviously watched that movie way too much.

Or, the part where he gets into the fight with the principal, about detention. He yells "f**k YOU" and his voice is echoed.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCENE FOUND: GREMLINS - "They're going through changes. Many changes."
The night before, the owner of the Mogwai's (I think his name's Billy?) fed the "evil" Mogwai's some chicken. Although he THOUGHT he followed the rules and fed them before midnight, those sneaky little Gremlins cut the cord to the clock radio making it appear to be 11:30pm.

As a result of feeding the Mogwai after midnight, Peter wakes up to find the Mogwai in cocoon stage, in the process of turning into Gremlins.

Here is the transcript of the scene:

(Billy takes the Gremlins a scientist to observe thier transformation. His friend [I don't know the character's name, but it's Cory Feldman!] comes along. )

In the begining of the scene, Cory Feldman is touching the membrane of the cocoon. It's very slimey and gross.

Cory Feldman: Yuccckk! What'd you say this way called, a putrid stage?
Scientist: Pupil. A pupil stage.
Cory Feldman: Like the butterfly?
Scientist: Yeah, right. Right. This is a, a cocoon. And inside it's going through changes. Many changes.
Cory Feldman: Like my mother?
Scientist: Uh, no. That's different. This is called a metamorphisis. It's a change in form, and in appearance.

End Scene.
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - maybe thats it then - sort by time - but spare the hours...so sort by minutes and seconds?
diastres
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the part for Three O'Clock High. Here's the transcript.

-------

Scene is called "Buddy Revell" on the scene menu (second scene) and begins 7:25 into the movie.

There's ticking and then the clock is focused on and turns to 7:53ish with a loud click.

Board under clock says:
Weaver High School
W.H.S vs. Panthers
Kill 'em Tigers

[girls]
I'm telling you, this new guy's supposed to be a total psycho. I heard he broke another kid's neck at his last school.
He got kicked off the football team for pulling a knife on a coach.
All the coach did was grab him, and the guy goes nuts!
This guy's coming to our school?
Today

[boys]
After he broke that kid's neck, they tried to throw him in jail. The judge let him off.
This guy ought to be locked up.

[geek boys]
(Boy AND Geek boy): Did you hear what he did at Lincoln?
They were supposed to be dissecting these pregnant sand sharks but he refused to do it. He said sharks were his favorite animal.
Great. A psychotic shark lover.
So the teacher grabs him by the arm and tries to take him down to the office. Thing is, the teacher didn't know the guy was a touch freak.
Touch freak?
Yeah. He doesn't like to be touched by anybody. Put the teacher in the hospital for three days.
Just because he touched him? This guy is definitely on tilt.
[Girls] Guys!

[Punks]
That's not even the whole story. After he duked the science teacher, they send the dude into Continuation. And on the first day there, he got into a fight with the three baddest dudes. Seriously totaled their asses... at the same time!
Have you heard about his brass knuckles?
Brass knuckles? The dude has brass knuckles?
Yeah. Carries them with 'im and uses them on special occasions. He hit that Continuation dude...

[Jocks]
(Jock AND punk): ...so hard his nose flew off his face.
Seriously?
Totally serious. He's also got this thing about being touched.
I heard he one time broke a guy's neck just because he touched him.
Because he touched him?
He just decided he didn't like to be touched.
That's completely weird.
Does this guy play football?
No.
Good.
Used to though. Remember the guy who pulled a knife on his coach?
Yeah.
That's him.
Jesus.

Main characters...didn't catch their names. (g = girl, b = boy)
G: He was in Continuation. He took a swing at one of his teachers. And these guys aren't your average history types. They're like ex-cops or something. I heard they carry guns.
B: He came here from Continuation?
G: Uh-huh. That's why they call it Continuation: so you can continue murdering people and still graduate.
B: what's this guy's name, anyway?

Car engine revving. Guy steps out of car, torn jeans, shaggy hair +leather jacket. Leans on car and looks smug. Back to G+B.

G: His name's Buddy Revell.

Sinister music as the guy walks into the school and people stare.

Then it cuts to G+B and it's the finances of the school store.

[EDIT: add the scene name/number, time into the movie it starts and the ticking before the big click.]

[EDIT: Fixed what the sign says.]

Last edited by diastres on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
outlaww
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this::

In breakfast club- what about when they're running away from Vernon, and they can't escape?

Bender runs through the halls SCREAMING (his voice ehcoes through the hallway and the gym). He is the martyr. He gets in trouble with Vernon, but spares the whole group by distracting Vernon (the principal), so that the rest of the kids can get back to the library safely.

(On the DVD, this is the scene called, 'being bad feels pretty good'.)

Could Bender = Tachy? Or some other charachter?

(Edited to make more sense Razz)

Last edited by outlaww on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
quizzoc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enigma, thats funny, havent seen your post but we came to almost same conclusion. Here is what I wrote in the other topic:

My Take on How to Do this Puzzle

From Tachyon's profile, after decoded:

Match the quote/scene/sequence (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE). Watch and compare the lowercase scene in each UPPERCASE movie to find a pattern that will determine how you handle the UPPERCASE letters/numbers.

So, I think this tells us that these movies are NOT just pieces of the OP/TACH story, they are clues to a puzzle. Obviously, we need to COMPARE the lowercase scenes (time, maybe), so we can HANDLE the uppercase letters. Something will be done with the uppercase letters!

Also, from Tachy's profile

Finding the Order is simple. As long as you watch each one closely (and can spare the hours, of course). With any luck you'll work past any 'identity' issues to make the necessary connections as well.

I think the word ORDER here is key. She is not referring to the order with deacons and watchers, but rather the numerical or alphabetical order. So, I think we need to find the order of the uppercase numbers and letters!! Also, the word "hours" might refer to the time being important.

Well, thats my take. Thoughts??

EDIT: spare the hours If we get rid of the hour where these scenes are mentioned, and just look at the minutes, this is possibly how to compare the scenes. Spare the hours = get rid of them??
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading yours!! We wrote it at about the same time!!!
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scene where Bender is fighting with the principal about detention...the principal makes a comment "I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if your not careful" the end of the scene is where Bender yells "f**k you" and his voice is echoed.
Dunno if that helps
Op=Principal? Smile
After he yells f**k you, the principal is standing in the hallway.
Next scene is a clock with the time 7:45 am.

Last edited by Mintgurl on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: