Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-13 Movie Night (Steps 1 & 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
Ziola wrote:
I can't get into the chat, but looking at the first page of this thread, something stands out to me.

We didn't put both the letter and the number combination in for the match, just one or the other.

Do we need both of them?

We're supposed to see a pattern to it, which will help us figure out what to do. Maybe we should start working on the pattern.

Michael

I get that, but I don't have the quote/scene letter with the movie letter/number for a couple of them. I'd like to know what they are.
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallingIntoSin wrote:
deagol wrote:
FallingIntoSin wrote:
Beautiful Nightmare wrote:
I can't get a copy of The Sure Thing. I just checked all the video stores near me and can't find a single one that has it. Grrrrrrr

I own the sure thing, I've watched it 5 times now, no clocks.

Well, the reference is r: Shortly after the final shotgun. Kids doing beer shotguns, not the weapon. There should be some mention of time, and it's supposed to be 40 minutes past the hour.

I didn't pay much attention to the first shotgun scene, only the second...I'll go rewatch the first shotgun again.

Alright, the only times I could find is bit after the first shotgun scene when he finds out it's 9 minutes to 8am and he's late to class. In the final shotgun scene the girl says "it's almost midnight".
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I am getting at. Using the time pattern, shouldn't we be using both of the letters/numbers, not just one?

Instead of C64FB2835D7A91E

shouldn't it be: Cx6t4?FoBu8w3?5mDr7nA?9q1sEl

The question marks are for the combinations that I don't know which quote they are using.
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ziola, I see what you're saying.

BRB

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halleluiah!!!
banausos
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cx6t4vFoBu8w3p5mDr7nAy9q1sEl?

haven't we pretty much decided that we have those quesses worked out? (even though i know nothing is right until tach says it is.)
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banusos, that's what I get too. I'll try it on the file.

Does anyone recognize if it might be some type of code?

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my next question for you all to ponder....As I've said before, I only have confirmation of 10 (11 if you count the shotgun email to someone else) combinations. If we are sure that we have the combinations correct, are we sure that we have the times correct?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Here's my next question for you all to ponder....As I've said before, I only have confirmation of 10 (11 if you count the shotgun email to someone else) combinations. If we are sure that we have the combinations correct, are we sure that we have the times correct?

We got a ton of individual verification yesterday. Check the main post for the match rationale
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
Ziola wrote:

We got a ton of individual verification yesterday. Check the main post for the match rationale

Holy Crap!! I know that, what I'm wondering is if we put them in the right order! As far as I know, she has not confirmed that we have them in the right order. Thats what I am wondering...

Edit: Cuz that seemed bitchier then it was supposed to.

AND because on the main post, you only have 8 confirmed by Tachyon. That is why I am asking if we are 100% sure of the combinations and the order they are in.
banausos
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the order should be reversed? from 60 to 4? or maybe 60 doesn't matter at all... "spare the hours" and all.
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banausos wrote:
maybe the order should be reversed? from 60 to 4? or maybe 60 doesn't matter at all... "spare the hours" and all.

OMGZ wayyy off topic but your siggy made me LOL very very hard.

<3hp.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Talezine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: AHA Reply with quote

You know, I cannot believe that this did not occur to me earlier! This puzzle may not be as hard as we are making it out. However, if my friend's thoughts are correct, we need ONE piece to crack this code.

Utilizing the clock, this code could be a simple "round the circle" cypher. That is, you start at a specific point and go around the circle every so many letters/numbers. This pattern is continued until the next letter (example...start at a, go every so many letters. When you hit B, its a new word, and start again...etc).

If this is correct, we need ONE thing. Where do we start, and how many numbers do you skip to create the words?

My friend says this is a VERY simple type of puzzle, that is used with more difficult codes to jumble the phrases even more.

Can someone give this a try! Does anyone have any idea where we could start?

-Talezine
wstabeo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AHA Reply with quote

Talezine wrote:
If this is correct, we need ONE thing. Where do we start, and how many numbers do you skip to create the words?

at 0:56?

TACHYON VIDEO, Gemma? [Part I] wrote:
The hard part can be recalling the exact spot though... and sometimes the connection that makes it all click will just pop into your head randomly (say, at 4 minutes to the hour, perhaps). So long as you're certain, the end result of this process is often quite rewarding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: