Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates to the Voicemail (213) 814-2839
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassieisabeyotch
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachelalexis wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:
covedweller wrote:
A lot has happened in the past two weeks. Which is funny because we all had so long to analyze the 5/5 puzzle and now it's like so much is happening with people still wanting more.

Can we all take some time to try and summarize what has gone on for those who have not been able to devote every day to the story?

We almost need some recap videos like we had with CiW early on!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Iconologia
Iconologia gets us thru the first craigslist at least.

Also, I hope to add on to the Aphidpedia today. We'll have to see what my psychopathology readings have to say about that though. ^_^

Ugh, reading for psychopathology is a pain in the *ahem* no matter what. I'm glad it's not just me having to suffer in my program! Wink

Yeah, updating the Aphidpedia would be vastly appreciated. I jumped on the boat really late, so the gap between the pedia and this last week and a half is just gone for me, and I keep having this sneaking suspicion that I'm missing something crucial in there.

I added to the Aphidpedia very early this morning, but it was just too much to update. I didn't finish.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 6:45pm PST, new VM:

I had some very interesting messages over the weekend, but I'm assuming they weren't from you. I wasn't able to get back on the internet on Friday. I stuck around the library until closing time, but this kid kept hogging the computer. Anyhow, I'm going to be working from home for the time being. It took awhile...I finally hooked up that computer you got me last Christmas, I even found an AOL CD. So with any luck, I will be online in the next day or so. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it all installed. It keeps telling me to press any key, and I'm looking at the keyboard. I'm looking on the keyboard, and I don't see an "any" anywhere on this thing...I'm just afraid to touch it-- (phone cuts out)
(phone picks back up) Anyways, sorry I left you hanging but I'm sure you have your reasons for this road trip. Just lemme know what I can do...okay? I may have to call tech support...

(end message)

I'm sorry, but every time he opens his mouth, Brother gets dumber. Can't find the "any" key? HONESTLY.

Nota Bene: All of the credit for this transcription goes to Minty. Blame for the errors goes to me.
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
As of 6:45pm PST, new VM:

I had some very interesting messages over the weekend, but I'm assuming they weren't from you. I wasn't able to get back on the internet on Friday. I stuck around the library until closing time, but this kid kept hogging the computer. Anyhow, I'm going to be working from home for the time being. It took awhile...I finally hooked up that computer you got me last Christmas, I even found an AOL CD. So with any luck, I will be online in the next day or so. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it all installed. It keeps telling me to press any key, and I'm looking at the keyboard. I'm looking on the keyboard, and I don't see an "any" anywhere on this thing...I'm just afraid to touch it-- (phone cuts out)
(phone picks back up) Anyways, sorry I left you hanging but I'm sure you have your reasons for this road trip. Just lemme know what I can do...okay? I may have to call tech support...

(end message)

I'm sorry, but every time he opens his mouth, Brother gets dumber. Can't find the "any" key? HONESTLY.

Nota Bene: All of the credit for this transcription goes to Minty. Blame for the errors goes to me.

that...is...just...awesome.

anyone else imagine that gun nut from the Police Academy movies? maybe with a little Will Ferrell mixed in (the delivery).
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we know that "brother" won't be breaking any cipher messages anytime soon. Laughing Poor Tachyon!
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiya wrote:
So we know that "brother" won't be breaking any cipher messages anytime soon. Laughing Poor Tachyon!

We know he broke the first craigslist message as he was in Bakersfield on FRI DAY 335.

This doesn't make any sense at all. I think either the PM has built up a huge inconsistency here or brother is talking in code.

First thing that came to mind:

TheFreeDictionary wrote:
Area Of Limitation
A defined area where specific limitations apply to the strength and fortifications of disputing or belligerent forces. Normally, upper limits are established for the number and type of formations, tanks, antiaircraft weapons, artillery, and other weapons systems in the area of limitation. Also called AOL. See also line of demarcation; peace operations.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:

This doesn't make any sense at all. I think either the PM has built up a huge inconsistency here or brother is talking in code.

TheFreeDictionary wrote:
Area Of Limitation
A defined area where specific limitations apply to the strength and fortifications of disputing or belligerent forces. Normally, upper limits are established for the number and type of formations, tanks, antiaircraft weapons, artillery, and other weapons systems in the area of limitation. Also called AOL. See also line of demarcation; peace operations.

I agree that it is likely that Brother isn't a stupid as he makes out...and I think that AOL is a good place to start looking for code, especially since we know that OpA was concerned about Tach and Brother exchanging some three-letter code that would make messages decipherable. I know we've already solved on three-letter code (GPS), but maybe that isn't the only one?
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
taiya wrote:

We know he broke the first craigslist message as he was in Bakersfield on FRI DAY 335.

TheFreeDictionary wrote:
Area Of Limitation

he seems to be a NPC (non-player character) used as a multi-purpose story device.

he got the message wrong the same way we did. he thought it meant something was happening at 3:35PM. not that it was happening at Hwy 33/5.

I think the PMs are using him as an (extreme) example when needed. and it also explains some of why Tachyon needs our help (if she is law enforcement and on the run).

and Tachyon's profile update just basically told us not to try and decode things that are just what they are. remember, this is the guy she is leaving the codes and messages for right now.

i find the character amusing and within the realm of suspended disbelief if i picture one of those marine types who is good with a weapon and in a crunch.

and if you look at all the things the US govt law enforcement has missed over the years, it's scary how this isn't nearly as far removed from the realm of reality as we'd like it to be!
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
deagol wrote:

TheFreeDictionary wrote:
Area Of Limitation

I agree that it is likely that Brother isn't a stupid as he makes out...and I think that AOL is a good place to start looking for code, especially since we know that OpA was concerned about Tach and Brother exchanging some three-letter code that would make messages decipherable. I know we've already solved on three-letter code (GPS), but maybe that isn't the only one?

I think it's awesome that both OpAphid and Tachyon have given messages today saying basically 'hey, it's simple. don't overthink it' and you're looking for another way to do so! Laughing
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I put up a disclaimer somewhere else today saying that overthinking was my secret weakness... Smile
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
Hey, I put up a disclaimer somewhere else today saying that overthinking was my secret weakness... Smile

I think the push is because:

1. we've had basically the same info since Friday, and in some cases worked well past the answer.

2. until we all wrap our minds around the information at hand, the story cannot progress.

I am really interested to see the next phase.

and maybe all of the overanalyzing will not be wasted? the 5/5 puzzle surprised a lot of us with how early things came back into play (and made sense when we had all the pieces).
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSrDVP5Sikg
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we have sent someone to meet this guy in that library? He did say he would wait there for 1 or 2 hours...

If that was the case it would have been quite interesting as an ARG interaction. Perhaps we'll get another chance?
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who we could have sent who could have taken him seriously...I would have just laughed at him.
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Should we have sent someone to meet this guy in that library? He did say he would wait there for 1 or 2 hours...

If that was the case it would have been quite interesting as an ARG interaction. Perhaps we'll get another chance?

Some people spent a half hour on the phone with him, and still they are too lazy to tell us what they remember of the conversation!

MADNESS!
shifty
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:

If I remember correctly, someone called the library and said it was closed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: