Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VA Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristy2520
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post here very often but do a lot of lurking. This really is sad and especially for me because I go to college about 45 minutes from Virginia Tech, my fiance graduated from there a couple of years ago and had classes in the building where most of the people were shot...it's just a very shocking thing and scary to think it happened so close by. I just hope that those who are recovering are okay and the death toll doesn't rise any more. Sad
thinkitthrough
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes people do this sort of thing? I just don't grasp why?
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so horrible! I was just telling Jackson that the reason I get so depressed sometimes is because there are so many tragic stories in the news, and then literally a few minutes later I come on here and see this story... Crying or Very sad

I just want to lock myself away from the rest of the world forever.

I just feel so horrible for the friends and family of those who died. My heart goes out to them.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
This is so horrible! I was just telling Jackson that the reason I get so depressed sometimes is because there are so many tragic stories in the news, and then literally a few minutes later I come on here and see this story... Crying or Very sad

I just want to lock myself away from the rest of the world forever.

I just feel so horrible for the friends and family of those who died. My heart goes out to them.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
such a cruel world
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this shit. I really do.
These people were just sitting in class. Not doing anything wrong. Just trying to get an education. They were just going to school. What the hell???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why its a good thing I dont have kids. I would be a total freak and never want them to leave the house. Seriously. They would hate me. But I cant stomach the thought of it.

All those parents.

They must be so heartbroken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seryndipity
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also originally from Virginia, and while my husband and I have friends that went there, thankfully I do not think we knew anyone involved in this. Our thougts and prayers are with the families and students that have been effected by this..
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched an interview with a girl who played dead when the gunman was shooting up the classroom.
Apparently he walked in, shot several people, walked out, came back in, shot more people, and left again. At that point the rest of the class barricaded the door so he couldn't get back in (the door didn't lock). The gunman tried to force his way in three times, then began shooting through the door.

Only four people walked out of that classroom.
I can't even imagine.
thinkitthrough
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This type of thing always makes me wonder how I would have reacted to a person coming into a classroom I was in and started shooting. Of course you duck and look for some type of cover if you happen to be the lucky enough not to be the first shot. But, could I just sit there and watch others get shot in front of me, It all happens so fast!

God be with the families and friends...
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really is a horrendous situation. it is too early to try and figure out anything. and it may never be understood.
right now, as said above, now is the time to send thoughts of support and encouragement to VT. take heart, the country mourns with you.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this everyone. My older cousin is a student at Virginia Tech. He lives in the building. We haven't heard from him all day and we are really worried. We don't know if he is alright or not. Sad
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Thanks for this everyone. My older cousin is a student at Virginia Tech. He lives in the building. We haven't heard from him all day and we are really worried. We don't know if he is alright or not. Sad

I really do hope everything is okay.
My boyfriend had friends there too and as of right now doesnt know if he is okay.

I havent heard of many college shootings.. Seems they dont vent their anger in that way. I am curious to find out who the shooter was in relation to the college and his motive and if he had any particular reason for the people.
Gosh this is so terrible.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really hope that he is ok. please keep us updated if you find out Smile

I've heard a rumor that the shootings were in connection to the recent bomb threats at the university. I can't confirm that though, it's just something that i've heard.

I was really suprised to see this happen in blacksburg which is like in the middle of nowhere, meanwhile my school is in the middle of jamaica, queens, ny which is a horrible neighborhood and nothing happens here.

its sad Sad
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loretta,

It looks like they are still in lock down all over campus so remember not to think the worst. Have you contacted your Aunt or Uncle (his parents)?
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry that you're in this position. I really hope that he is alright. You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: