Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[VIDEO] 2-10-07 The Human Ransom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
Ah, well that's why they chose that particular building then. *points to the floor plan* See how the elevator is centrally place and right next to the stairway?

Actually.. In my experience MOST high rise (I mean 10 + Stories) buildings have the stairwell right next to the elevator so in an emergency when people run there they will have a way to get out since the elivators shut down...
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonofabuggerwhip...I knew I'd seen that building a million times. I even knew it was in the Beverly Hills area...but couldn't pinpoint it. (I posted about it on Saturday night in the more generic thread on this video.) At first I thought it was the SunAmerica building down the street, but I knew the shape was off. I didn't even think to check fursther near Rodeo. whoops. It ticks me off, too...because the Wilshire Building is (or at least was....) the TALLEST building in Beverly Hills! Mad

Building Info:
9701 Wilshire Building
9701 Wilshire Blvd.
Building Size(sq. ft.): 102,319
Floor Size(sq. ft.): 12,000
Year Built (R-Renovated): 1973 (1990 R)
Owner: Alex Winitsky

I think locale actually IS important here. The LG15 have never really been so blatantly specific about location before. We would firgure it out based on landmarks or blurry signs....but they've never actually been this specific, especilly to spend valuable video time focusing on a street sign.

More detailed building info:

http://www.bwaypartners.com/portfolio.php?show=asset&a_id=34

Event hough I think the building was just for filming purposes...
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should also note the elegant use of 'parallax' in the video!
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Loki wrote:
Ah, well that's why they chose that particular building then. *points to the floor plan* See how the elevator is centrally place and right next to the stairway?

Actually.. In my experience MOST high rise (I mean 10 + Stories) buildings have the stairwell right next to the elevator so in an emergency when people run there they will have a way to get out since the elivators shut down...

Yes, but not all buildings have the elevator located pretty much dead center. If I'm not mistaken, they're usually off to one side...

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the oil pump thing is really bothering me. I was thinking this morning why in the world Tachy would drive through the oil filed and by the Tar Pits...granted she may have been feeling a bit touristy....but to get to the Wilshire Building??? And who gets touristy when they're trying to rescue someone? And what tourist wants to drive through an oil field? I don't get it.

So after looking at the states database of oil fileds and pumps, the only logical place for the images of the oil pumps in the video come from the Inglewood Oil Field...the big one. There are oil pumps all over LA...including one right at the Beverly Center....but most of them are disguised. The Inglewood field is pretty much all open and industrial like we see in the vid.

For those of you familiar with LA, who the hell drives through Inglewood to get to Beverly Hills from LAX? I mean...THROUGH Inglewood...not around it. Everyone takes the freeway, right? Okay, I know the neghboring area has been nicknamed "Black Beverly Hills" (Ladera Heights/Baldwin Park)...but that's really pushing it.

So, I mapped out the spots that are identified in the video.... LAX, The oilfield, the tar pits and the Wilshire building.

Now, the pink route is the route I suppose to be Tachy's from the airport. It doesn't make sense to me. Granted, there's no real direct route to BH from LAX, but the 405 covers most of the trip (green route). I don't know anyone that would take surface streets from LAX, through Inglewood and take La Brea Ave unless they MEANT to pass by the oil fields and the tar pits. Remember, the green is mostly freeway (and Santa mOnica Blvd)....pink is surface streets. It would take 2 hours to drive that route on surfance streets. Okay....granted, it might take that long on the 405, too... Wink

lookyz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethy - I think someone mentioned earlier that Tachy's airline didn't fly into LAX...did anyone confirm it?

Also, there is some speculation that the first part is Bree & Jonas's path to the building from up North.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not concerned with Bree/Jons' path...we know they will have come from the north. The oil pumps were shown in the montage from the airport...as were the tar pits.

...and I thought somebody confirmed that the plane landing was Malaysian Air...and they only fly into LAX. Whether or not that was Tachy's flight? Eh...who knows...I'm just going from the images in the video...and the airport was LAX.

At first I thought it was Burbank...which would make more sense, but the images we're shown in the video prove otherwise.

My concenr is the reason for showing so many oil pump images...as well as the Tar Pits. They are connected (oil and tar), and it seems Tachy went out of her way to go there. That's my point.
McPackage
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that Tachy also passes by Trader Vic's (that's the glowing yellow sign... it isn't Trader Joe's). That is located at 9876 Wilshire Blvd., which she would pass on the way to the building from 405.

Maybe the flash bomb stash is in the oil fields? I'm pretty sure she didn't get one on the plane. Or maybe their helo-pad?
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who live in the Hollywood/Hancock Park area and points east do take surface streets to LAX all the time. When there's no traffic it takes only about 20 minutes.

Just take LaBrea all the way down (through Inglewood. It's not dangerous or scary I promise). Make a slight right on Stocker St. which will take you through the oil well area and connect with LaCienaga. Take a left on LaCienega, a right on LaTijera and a left onto Sepulveda and it feeds right into the airport.

Reversing the route all Tachyon would have to do would be to hang a left on LaBrea and she'd hit the tar pits and be pointed in the direction of the office building. It's also reasonable to assume she flew in from LAX not Ontario. There are some international flights out of Ontario but most of the long haul ones (like from Fiji or Asia) would go to LAX.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, McP...thought Trader Vics is actually WEST of the office building. Granted, it's only about a half a mile west of there....but it's still west, and Tachy came from the tar Pits....from the east. Odd.

Lola...you're right...when there's not traffic, it can be done. I just don't know anyone who actually does it....or when there isn't much traffic (3 in the morning?) Of course, living in the west valley...people think I'm weird when during busy traffic times, I avoid the 405 by heading up through the Marina, into Malibu and over Topanga Canyon. And there's no way she's coming from Ontario. Burbank? Yeah....but we're talking International flights...and since in the video we're shown a specific airline that only flies into LAX...it seems a no brainer. Expecially if she drove through the oil fields there.

Morever, I'm still weirded out by the sheer number of oil pumps she showed us...and why La Brea....if they weren't so connected idea wise (oil and tar), I would probably blow it off, but it's nagging at me.

You know, I'd rather they not give us such specific location details sometimes...it makes my head hurt.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think they do it just to screw with us.

I would Twisted Evil
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Personally, I think they do it just to screw with us.

I would Twisted Evil

Evil mofo's.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why are we getting schematics blueprints and travel routes on this? Is someone planning a pilgrimage to this building or something Razz
Christie91
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I thought. However, what would there be to pick up from this place.

In the rest of the videos we've had "tag your it" or "come and get me" that signals that we are meant to go and retrieve something however in this one there isn't anything other than the route to hint to us that it is a drop
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides...the locations in the video as it was edited are all off.

We have the airport...

...then Bree in the elevator...

...then La Brea Tar Pits...

...then the oil fields...

...then Trader Vics...

It could not have possibly been her route to the office building.

Lad....hush. I'm just wandering why the focus on oil is all. Tachyon doesn't tend to put extraneous crap in her videos like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: