Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0194 - "Let's Play Doctor" [05/18/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing in new characters does keeep people interested and stop things going stale.

Plus it means the actors can be off doing other things more and the series can still continue.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would do Alan Rickman as Snape.

I do not know whether this is bad or not.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's my 'older man' on my list Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherepixie wrote:

...They are necessary to move the plot along though aren't they?...

I agree that they are there to move the plot along. And as much as some may not like it, other characters have to be created to continue the series if its going to be ongoing like a soap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostgamer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the newgrops name jdb dose not work any more.

how about (std from a bj)
sorry could not help it
so what order of laters should we do
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
nowherepixie wrote:

I agree that they are there to move the plot along. And as much as some may not like it, other characters have to be created to continue the series if its going to be ongoing like a soap.

I for one was hoping that this wasn't going to be ongoing like a soap, I was sort of hoping that there was a ending/conclusion in the offering, where all the missing links are closed and everything finally makes sense.
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I liked Gemma while she was around. I liked Jonas when he first came on the scene. I don't know why I can't get into these two. I'm definately not a "change is bad" type of girl.

Of course I am still going to watch and hopefully enjoy the show. I'm not the type of person to leave over something like that! I think I am more frustrated with myself because everybody else seems to love them! haha. Maybe it is just because the last few eps have been boring to me and the noobs are the easy scapegoats.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
voyboy wrote:
nowherepixie wrote:

I for one was hoping that this wasn't going to be ongoing like a soap, I was sort of hoping that there was a ending/conclusion in the offering, where all the missing links are closed and everything finally makes sense.

Same here. That's really what it - and every other storyline in existence - needs. Unfortunately, on Mixed Media, the Creators have said they'd like to make it go on indefinitely, like "General Hospital." That obviously doesn't bode well. Perhaps they'll at least close up everything related to this storyline, give the characters closure, and then start over with a new cast.

Some have suggested that just resolving the ceremony matter and then moving on would be good enough. I disagree, though. If there's no closure for the characters then there's no closure/satisfaction for the audience either. The characters are what ultimately makes a story work or fail, and what an audience attaches itself to.
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they've got another aim for the characters they have -- finding Jonas' parents.

To close this story line, they don't have to demolish the order or anything. They just have to close the "ceremony" part of it.

They can do this without making us feel like we've had any closure, so hopefully they'll be smart and make it a point that Jonas and his parents is another chapter in the lives of the TAAG
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, now that the thing with Jonas' parents has been brought up, it obviously has to be addressed. I'm curious, though, as to how it can be done without it seeming like the same old song and dance (moving from one place to another, Order goons showing up randomly, a chase, a capture, repeat, etc.).
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Yeah, now that the thing with Jonas' parents has been brought up, it obviously has to be addressed. I'm curious, though, as to how it can be done without it seeming like the same old song and dance (moving from one place to another, Order goons showing up randomly, a chase, a capture, repeat, etc.).

A lot of television or film moves around. They can meet people who don't have to be in the order, make new friends etc. There doesn't have to be a chase or a capture, really.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:
A lot of television or film moves around. They can meet people who don't have to be in the order, make new friends etc. There doesn't have to be a chase or a capture, really.

The moving around isn't a problem. I just brought it up because it's part of the formula thus far (and sounds like it would be if they're searching for his parents). As far as chase and captures go, though, if the group is trying to find those two - people who were apparently taken by the Order and kept all this time - I doubt they'd be allowed to go about it without facing obstacles.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the ceremony storyline is over, I think it would be interesting too see Bree readjusting to normal life, maybe living with foster parents a la O.C and chronicling her adventures in high school, meeting new friends, new relationships, etc.
susanne_buit
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After the ceremony storyline is over, I think it would be interesting too see Bree readjusting to normal life, maybe living with foster parents a la O.C and chronicling her adventures in high school, meeting new friends, new relationships, etc.

That would be WEIRD Shocked I mean, who would want Bree as a daughter Eh? Rolling Eyes ?
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking back on the "Anchor Cove" references, from the beginning, and HOPING that this does not turn into some continuous soap opera. Frankly, I've been on the edge of "over" with this a few times and, as I've been quoted as saying, "this series is like the Winchester House...they just keep building without finishing." I'd like to see something finished, for once.
Seeing the ceremony would be a start. Getting answers to at least SOME of the questions would help. But, I think the Creators like this constant teasing (they must've been burned by some really hot chick in college).

Bah. Who am I kidding... I'll keep checking to see if there's a new vid. My enthusiasm for the vids is waning, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: