Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0053 Daniel, Be Careful... [10/17/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
On the subject of secrecy, I think most religions are quite upfront about their beliefs. But I'm thinking that this is more of a cult than a religion.

Yes, it's been implied that it's been around forever, but how hard is it to convince people that a "religion" has been around for centuries or is based on ancient practices? Well, how many teens are out there telling their friends that they are Wiccan and practicing an ancient religion? (not saying that all Wiccan teens believe that, just that there are some out there that believe that misinformation).

Maybe this is just a cult started in the 60's or 70's that the leader has convinced everyone that they are practicing something ancient, and they've thrown in some aspects from other religions and have taken on other religious/cult icons (like Crowley) to add a legitimate feel to it.

I mean, I could start a cult that worships a head of cabage and call it the Order of Thor and I bet I could get someone out there to subscribe to it.

Anyway, after all that blathering, I'm just suggesting that maybe there is no one set religion that the creators are following. Maybe they are creating their own seperate cult religion that fits the needs of the story line (and doesn't piss off any people by reshaping a real religion to fit in it). Just a thought.

Total agreement!
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
On the subject of secrecy, I think most religions are quite upfront about their beliefs. But I'm thinking that this is more of a cult than a religion.

Secret societies are actually forbidden in many countries. For instance, Freemasonery is officially a non-religious non-governmental organization, it's a fraternal organization. You have to register officially to create a secret society or a cult. In Europe for instance, we have a list of the Secret Societies with phone numbers, mailing addresses, names of people, spokepersons etc....

silvermoon wrote:
Anyway, after all that blathering, I'm just suggesting that maybe there is no one set religion that the creators are following. Maybe they are creating their own seperate cult religion that fits the needs of the story line (and doesn't piss off any people by reshaping a real religion to fit in it). Just a thought.

I do agree.

silvermoon wrote:
Follow me

I will, Mistress! Cool
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will, Mistress!

rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to worship a head of cabbage Very Happy

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i want to worship a head of cabbage

See how easy it can be? I already have followers for me and my cabbage! And no one even has to hord guns or drink Kool aid. Just vow to boycott cole slaw!
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Quote:
I will, Mistress!

That's an awesome face! I'm going to share it. Very Happy

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's an awesome face! I'm going to share it.

Heehee! Yes, I love my dominatrix smiley! Share away!
rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Quote:
i want to worship a head of cabbage

See how easy it can be? I already have followers for me and my cabbage! And no one even has to hord guns or drink Kool aid. Just vow to boycott cole slaw!

damn i thought kool aid was part of the group reunions and stuff Shocked , this changes things a lil, i think i can still worship the al great head of cabbage, even with out kool aid . Crying or Very sad

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110

Last edited by rodrigogar on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The definition of "cult" on dictionary.com

Quote:
cult  /kʌlt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhlt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
7. the members of such a religion or sect.
8. any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.
–adjective 9. of or pertaining to a cult.
10. of, for, or attracting a small group of devotees: a cult movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1610–20; < L cultus habitation, tilling, refinement, worship, equiv. to cul-, var. s. of colere to inhabit, till, worship + -tus suffix of v. action]

And someone metioned that free masons was not a religious group, but to join you must be religious, it doesn't matter to what religion. At least that's what I heard, Free masons are really big around here in main, and so is RAINBOW, which is a sect of free masons for young girls, they wear ball gowns and perform plays, and rites. I've also heard of people getting blanket parties as initiation, but I'm not sure how true that is. The whole thing is very hush hush.
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and I have an encyclopedia on mythology if anyone would like me to look anything up.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmi-Chan wrote:

And someone metioned that free masons was not a religious group, but to join you must be religious

Wrong! It depends on the Lodge. Some lodges are atheist, baby! You have two main branches in masonery. One is religious, the other one is agnostic.
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo sugar, see I wouldn't have know that. Thanks for the inform. Know anything about the blanket parties, I thought it was a load of crap, but never too late to learn.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not super knowledgeable about the Masons...except that isn't it basically formed as a gentleman's club for free thinkers, etc? I know it used to be a group of actual masons, but not for some time.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:

I don't understand how anyone will find it interesting for Bree's religion just to be OK and that Daniel is overreacting, although some people claim this is what they hope to see from this series.

Several episodes of X-files took this stance. I believe there have been at least two different movies in which a reasonably intelligent protagonist misread their neighbor's hijinks and mistakenly believed they had murdered a spouse. M. Night Shyamalan's films, especially The Village and The Sixth Sense often play on the concept that something seemingly supernatural and seemingly dangerous isn't all that threatening after all.

And for a more classic example, Northanger Abbey has been a popular book for about two hundred years now -- so much so that there will be a major movie of it next year. I would have *loved* for lonelygirl15 to have been a gender-reversed updating of that story.

There's plenty of market for this sort of "ooh, i thought it gonna be all big and scary, but it really was just a laundry list" twist.
OtoBnAGGIE
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmi-Chan wrote:
sunbean wrote:
OtoBnAGGIE wrote:
If you want to keep a secret who is the absolute last person you tell? A (sixteen year old) girl.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I hope you didn't mean that girls are the least trustworthy people around. I don't think it's what you meant to emphasize, but I don't want to put words in your mouth, and I'm curious. Question

No I'm pretty sure that OtoBnAGGIE meant that the most gossipy people in the world are teenage girls, and as a teenage girl, most of the girls I know are crazy gossipy.

Thank you. Yes, I probably shouldnt have put "16 year old" in parenthesis. But as I was typing it I had to make sure to include my mother and everyone she knows. It should have read like this: If you want to keep a secret who is the absolute last person you tell? A sixteen year old girl! (or my mother)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: