Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NikkiBowerReport - "Look Who I Found!!!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
yeah, yeah, yeah, story...canon/non-canon...interact...official/not official...blah...blah...blah...

......did you have a martini gogo, early this morning? Shocked ( Razz )
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Saturday, NikkiBower! Happy Saturday, Impulse! Happy Saturday, all! (No martini mix in the house-- just straight up vodka)
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hands gogo something to eat*

It could be a very long and painful day if you aren't careful, dear.
NikkiBowerReport
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Happy Saturday, NikkiBower! Happy Saturday, Impulse! Happy Saturday, all! (No martini mix in the house-- just straight up vodka)

Good morning, Gogo! I prefer mamosas on a Saturday morning, but that's just me...

As for the sunglass question - to wear or not to wear? I went out and bought that issue of Marie Claire (just in case there was important/secret information hidden inside) and I found an interesting article on "Brunch With the Girls." Apparently big sunglasses are a must have. Cool I also learned that my diet might be making me fat....hmmm
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo, I'd love to join you in that straight up and all over morning tiddly? You should never tiddle alone...

Of course, I do mean...IN!

...having had just enough lovely glasses of the good stuff (one needn't actually USE vermouth...you just pass the bottle over the top of the glass), I decided that I would save on glasses (I remember those shards in that warning video, I do!) AND see if perhaps Lucy's morning reading mightn't have had skin care tips...so I've taken up bathing (in it)...at least for today. It's foggy outside...and it's foggy inside! <smiling just a wee? bit sideways!>

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video as always, Nikki. Nice work tracking Lucy without being noticed.

tigerlilylynn wrote:
We know Alli to be friends with a creator's sister (iirc).

She's friends with two of the Creators, yes, Amanda and Greg Goodfried (Lucy is played by Amanda now, and that apartment is actually the Goodfrieds', if I remember correctly).

Killthesmiley wrote:
Inigo wrote:
Can't we just enjoy the video without going into pointless discussions? People stopped talking about the "fakeness" of LG15 a long time ago.

no one is talking about the "fakeness."
If you are taking it that way, then you are sadly sadly mistaken!
we are just simply discussing whether or not she will have an impact on the story.

Less than that, I thought the discussion was about whether Nikki's videos actually take place in the same fictional world. After this video, my guess is yes.

Whether that means she'll interact or have a major story significance is up in the air (I'd still like to see her get to interview the heroes or something, maybe at the end of the series), but I think it's relatively safe to say that her videos take place in the world of LG15 the same way that Bree's and the others' do. But, really, her videos are meant for fun, not to advance the storyline or anything. And in that respect, they achieve their purpose very well.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

do i need to whip out that picture again gogo???

Now look at those leg warmers!!!

Look at the trippy-ness

Alright I realized I was too caught up in the canon conversation to not leave a comment on the video

I personally loved it! The only thing that bugged me was that Niki, you didn't mention Daniel's B&E as a reference!!!
I was thinking that Lucy saw Niki and made the martini for her and was going to walk out and pass it to her and say "Now Niki, drink that and co-operate, or else"

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NikkiBowerReport
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:

I personally loved it! The only thing that bugged me was that Niki, you didn't mention Daniel's B&E as a reference!!!
I was thinking that Lucy saw Niki and made the martini for her and was going to walk out and pass it to her and say "Now Niki, drink that and co-operate, or else"

Because I love you, here you go Smile. Thanks Danielbeast for the great detective work and leading me to Lucy's apartment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWbTg2AiSw
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly,
Believe it or not, I just happen to be wearing those green legwarmers as I type this comment and share my Saturday morning liquor with chershaytoute. I am also sporting sunglasses as they are all the rage right now.

NikkiBower, I enjoy mamosas also, but I consider those Sunday morning fare. I hope this difference of opinion doesn't tear us apart...

I eagerly await your next investigative piece, NikkiBower.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Last edited by gogo on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
chevyfudd
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I knew she was canon.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: nikki, lucy and martinis Reply with quote

At this point, NikkiBower is not a character who impacts the plot of the official story (canon). When and if the time comes that one of the lg15 characters mentions her by name, or alludes to a sassy young reporter gal or if for example Lucy in sunglasses or the drinking of martinis has an impact on the lg15/OpAphid story, then she will be part of the official story.

Consider Star Trek as an example:
Quote:
The Star Trek canon consists of the various Star Trek television series and movies. All the other Star Trek stories which have been licensed by Paramount (novels, comics..) are not part of canon, they are instead apocrypha. Fan fiction is classified as fanon.

from http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Apocrypha_%28fiction%29
Let's just enjoy our dear NikkiBower for what she is: a provider of some entertaining videos based on the lg15 story. She is talented and appealing to viewers. Beside, if she were to become part of the official story, we would be given time to catch-up and search for clues in her videos. For now, let's pour martinis, put on our sunglasses and enjoy what she's offering. This is just my suggestion, though.
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon or not, I love Nikki B, lol. I try not to think too much about the canon stuff -- she just makes good videos, who cares if she's official or not?

Awesome video though, lol. I love Lucy shopping for dresses and reading Marie Claire.

Unless of course she's taking tips from Hannibal Lecter and is buying clothes for Bree...! gasp!

Is formal dress required for the ceremony? hehe

Aaanyway, loved the video, great job. Smile
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i totally thought she was going to bring the martini out to you nikki b! great job...you never let us down...you go girl!!!
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je_sais_cequisetrame wrote:
Canon or not, I love Nikki B, lol. I try not to think too much about the canon stuff -- she just makes good videos, who cares if she's official or not?

Awesome video though, lol. I love Lucy shopping for dresses and reading Marie Claire.

Unless of course she's taking tips from Hannibal Lecter and is buying clothes for Bree...! gasp!

Is formal dress required for the ceremony? hehe

Aaanyway, loved the video, great job. Smile

I think that all comes from when people made videos of the LG locations and were asked to take them down. Then Nikki does the same thing. People want/wanted to hear, from someone official, that the reason this was OK was because she was on the inside and sort of proved that there is never anything worth snooping on..until today which sent the canon topic back up the flag pole.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why the heck did Lucy not take off those sunglasses? You think she had a late night?

Nobody walks around their apartment in sunglasses darn it! NOBODY!

(Drama added for effect.) Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> New Releases All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: