Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VA Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Thanks for this everyone. My older cousin is a student at Virginia Tech. He lives in the building. We haven't heard from him all day and we are really worried. We don't know if he is alright or not. Sad

Let us know if you hear anything from him, all right? I do really hope that he is okay. Just think happy thoughts. Hopefully everything will work out for the better.

Sad
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this everyone. My older cousin is a student at Virginia Tech. He lives in the building. We haven't heard from him all day and we are really worried. We don't know if he is alright or not. Sad

Oh, Loretta. I really hope he's okay. Please let us know if you get any news. Loads of hugs to you.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loretta, I am praying for your cousin's safe return to your family. Please let us know the minute you hear anything.

I you need someone to talk to, PM me.

betz28 wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
I am praying for the injured, the dead, and the families of all involved. I ask that those who believe in a Higher Power do so as well.

i will juli....this is just terrible ~ i just found out about what happened...saw your post.
Thank you, Betz. Prayer is needed for all those connected with this tragedy.

FP wrote:
I've been following this story off and on all day. Crap like this destroys all hope in my mind. It's so depressing.
I know, Flaunta. I'm 46 years old, and this stuff still effects me deeply, no matter how many times I see this kind of thing. If anything positive can be derived from tragedies such as this, it's that we can become more determined to love, and not become angry, hard, or cold, and that we cherish every moment we're given.

Sorry, my spiritual side took over.

consideration wrote:
I just can't understand why people would do this to each other.
Me neither, consideration. I think people sometimes just snap when they have a lot of anger that hasn't been dealt with. This is no excuse, though. We can all make a conscious decision as to how we will deal with what we've been dealt...we can either pass the pain, or continue to love in spite of it.

I know all involved need those prayers, Aithne, and would thank you if they could do so.

Kassia wrote:
I just want to lock myself away from the rest of the world forever.
Don't do that, unless it's absolutely necessary for your sanity (BTW, I'm pretty sure you don't mean this literally). Some of us have to be strong and love anyway, in order to counteract the hate.

Voyboy, I have a tendency to overprotect my children, and they really get upset with me for it.

Sorry I had to leave, but I had to do some prayer and meditation. I don't handle things like this well.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Sorry I had to leave, but I had to do some prayer and meditation. I don't handle things like this well.
Me neither. I posted a rather harsh bulletin on MySpace because no one was saying anything about what had happened. The whole bulletin board was filled with surveys and spam.

I know everyone says that my generation is desensitized to stuff like this, but I don't think I ever will be. And I honestly can't comprehend not being affected by something like this. I just can't imagine not caring.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Me neither. I posted a rather harsh bulletin on MySpace because no one was saying anything about what had happened. The whole bulletin board was filled with surveys and spam.

I know everyone says that my generation is desensitized to stuff like this, but I don't think I ever will be. And I honestly can't comprehend not being affected by something like this. I just can't imagine not caring.
Don't ever change, Consideration; just be strong.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is prolly late, but Loretta, have you tried checking around online? I was watching CNN and they were talking about how people have set up an "Ok in VT" Facebook group, and also that the VT sports forum is also being used to stay in touch.

I'm thinking about you.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much everyone. We haven't heard anything yet. My aunt and uncle called us with updates a few hours ago. They contacted the police to see if they know anything, but everyone is so chaotic that we haven't found out where he is yet. He hasn't answered his phone either. My aunt is on a plane to VA now, so she can't use her phone. Hopefully by tomorrow morning they will let us know. It's really great to see that people care even when they aren't directly connected to the situation. It means a lot to me. I love you guys.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I've found out. I'm heading to sleep. Goodnight all. <3
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much everyone. We haven't heard anything yet. My aunt and uncle called us with updates a few hours ago. They contacted the police to see if they know anything, but everyone is so chaotic that we haven't found out where he is yet. He hasn't answered his phone either. My aunt is on a plane to VA now, so she can't use her phone. Hopefully by tomorrow morning they will let us know. It's really great to see that people care even when they aren't directly connected to the situation. It means a lot to me. I love you guys.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I've found out. I'm heading to sleep. Goodnight all. <3
Best of luck, Loretta. I'll be keeping you and your family in my heart.
Aithne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
I'm so sorry that you're in this position. I really hope that he is alright. You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

They will be added to ours as well
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loretta, I'm also hoping he's alright. I'm not too big on the prayer thing, but I sort of made an exception.

For anyone else who comes along through here and is in a similar situation or knows someone who is, I've got the same positive thoughts for them. And for those for whom the worst is already confirmed, I wish you comfort. Spend this time with those you care about and hold up one another.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aithne wrote:
consideration wrote:
I'm so sorry that you're in this position. I really hope that he is alright. You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts.

They will be added to ours as well

same
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought Id check in again to see if Loretta had an update yet.
She and her family keep popping in mind...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
Just thought Id check in again to see if Loretta had an update yet.
She and her family keep popping in mind...
Mine too, voyboy.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it must be hard for them not knowing
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate people that do this. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. "Oh, but they have so much pain!" Tough. How many people in the world have pain? Everyone. How many people in the world are probably in more pain than the idiots that do shit like this? A lot of people. How many of these people decide to hurt others instead of dealing with their issues and their pain and moving on?

Exactly. I know what it's like to have pain. My life isn't bad, but my brain chemistry is and as a result I've got a fairly constant depression. I tend to take things too personally, at least in real life. I've got a bit of a temper. These are precisely the reasons why, when I was younger, I sat down and started to write. I didn't get it back then, I thought I was just doing something that made me feel better, but I look at it now as a way to channel the negative, destructive energies and emotions into creating a piece of...I don't want to say art because it sounds pretentious (and I'm not that good) but creating instead of harming or destroying. And I'd like to think that one day, if I ever write anything that gets out there to the masses, someone who feels like crap will read something I write and be able to escape from that feeling, even just for a little while.

I'll be keeping positive thoughts for everyone involved with this. Loretta (we don't know each other very well, so if you don't want me calling you that, just let me know) I'm focusing as many positive thoughts as I can on your cousin being okay. I don't really know if it will help, but...yeah. And I hope you know you can talk to any of us if you need to. The same goes for anyone else in a similar situation. I'm always here, even if all you want/need is an ear to vent to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: