Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gemmers19 "It's not your decision" [10/26/2006]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Gemma. She's either jealous or bitter, and because of that wants Bree to go through the ceremony so she can disappear or whatever. Maybe Gemma knows more than she's letting on, and is trying to aim Bree in the "wrong" direction.

She has too many teeth, too.
MeNotYou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus wrote:
oooo she sed its not her decision then at the end she sez it is her decision O_O reverse psychology..i thin she's jealous that she didnt get picked Very Happy she should talk abt her impressions of daniel in her next vid..i wanna kno wat she thinks of him..maybe a creep Shocked or maybe she would provide competition for bree

I for one think that the "it's not your decision" in the beginning and the "it's your decision" at the end aren't too important. I think Gemma is just a girl trying to watch out for (or, perhaps trap - per The Order) an old friend in a similiar situation, and she's just talking.

"It's not your decision" is the message here, I think we all agree on that. "It's your decision" is perhaps just saying that its her decision on whether or not she should bring it up at all. "It's your decision" to stir the pot, to ruffle the feathers, to create a small chaos amongst a rather devote religion that may not truly let you choose for yourself, because "it's not your decision."

Oh, and I too think it would be awesome if Gemma posted something about Daniel. It would be fantastic if she went off on how "cute" and "smart" he seems, and starts to vlog-flirt (vlirt?) with him. And then the next video has Daniel laying in Gemma's bed playing with her stuffed animals. Then they can make a video to some U.K. hip-hop in response to "Grillz," perhaps a Lady Sovereign or The Streets song!

Eh, whatever.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does sound jealous so does that mean that the ceremony isn't something horrible afterall? She got out of the community but still sounds like if she'd been chosen she might have stayed.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeNotYou wrote:
Jesus wrote:
oooo she sed its not her decision then at the end she sez it is her decision O_O reverse psychology..i thin she's jealous that she didnt get picked Very Happy she should talk abt her impressions of daniel in her next vid..i wanna kno wat she thinks of him..maybe a creep Shocked or maybe she would provide competition for bree

I for one think that the "it's not your decision" in the beginning and the "it's your decision" at the end aren't too important. I think Gemma is just a girl trying to watch out for (or, perhaps trap - per The Order) an old friend in a similiar situation, and she's just talking.

"It's not your decision" is the message here, I think we all agree on that. "It's your decision" is perhaps just saying that its her decision on whether or not she should bring it up at all. "It's your decision" to stir the pot, to ruffle the feathers, to create a small chaos amongst a rather devote religion that may not truly let you choose for yourself, because "it's not your decision."

Oh, and I too think it would be awesome if Gemma posted something about Daniel. It would be fantastic if she went off on how "cute" and "smart" he seems, and starts to vlog-flirt (vlirt?) with him. And then the next video has Daniel laying in Gemma's bed playing with her stuffed animals. Then they can make a video to some U.K. hip-hop in response to "Grillz," perhaps a Lady Sovereign or The Streets song!

Eh, whatever.

LMAO.....vlirt.....
HyeMew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piratesour wrote:
I have to say Gemma is annoying. And she 'looks' like she is acting.
Gemma: Score Zero

I whole-heartedly agree! Jess is such a natural, but Gemma is trying way too hard and is NOT fun to watch in any way. I hate this new addition to the cast, she's the Dick Sargent of Lonelygirl UGHH!
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does seem a little jealous when she says "I wasn't chosen like you"..she also seems like Bree is acting selfish when she says "It isn't your choice". She acts like its not something Bree can just choose to not be in because it was such an honor to be chosen in the first place.

Did we ever find any ceremonies where specific important people were chosen? If we found what this ceremony is, we would have everything figured out.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still just don't see the jealousy thing...
MeNotYou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
she's the Dick Sargent of Lonelygirl UGHH!

HA!

Dick York was WAY better!

Wait a minute, Dick Sargent - Dick York: Sargent (Sergeant) York, now way!
(Wayne's World, anyone?)

Last edited by MeNotYou on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
jenfee
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
piratesour wrote:
I have to say Gemma is annoying. And she 'looks' like she is acting.
Gemma: Score Zero

I whole-heartedly agree! Jess is such a natural, but Gemma is trying way too hard and is NOT fun to watch in any way. I hate this new addition to the cast, she's the Dick Sargent of Lonelygirl UGHH!

I don't know...

Jackie's not as good as Jessica IMO but I think she's an ok actor. It's really the fake-o accent that drives me crazy. I am really happy she's canon, though. If nothing else, maybe the videos will come faster.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is her accent fake?
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lihab wrote:
i dont think its so much the boy factor that made her parents tell her to stay away. i think it was the fact he didnt "subscribe to their way of thinking". had it been a nice commune boy her parents probably would have thought it was cute and invited him over for dinner. :p

I agree. Its not that the girls weren't allowed to see boys, its the fact that those boys didnt agree with their thinking/religion.

Definately an important part of their religion is to stay away from others that don't agree with the ways of their religion.

BA Tells Lies.

Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way2Curious wrote:
Seems to be the theme with their religion, keep the boys away.

Not necessarily all the boys, just the ones who don't believe in the religion (although come to think of it, we haven't seen or heard of any other boys, have we?).
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

maybe jealous is too harsh to describe the way she says it...She just kind of said "I wasn't chosen like you were", when she didn't have to. She is either saying that because she's pointing out that Bree should know what an honor it is to be chosen--therefore saying Bree is being selfish by just thinking she can give up this honor...she is saying it because she feels like Bree thinks too losely about the topic....OR she is jealous because she wasn't picked, like Bree had been...and even though she is more independant, her parents aren't as proud of her as bree's are of her.

BA Tells Lies.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

maybe jealous is too harsh to describe the way she says it...She just kind of said "I wasn't chosen like you were", when she didn't have to. She is either saying that because she's pointing out that Bree should know what an honor it is to be chosen--therefore saying Bree is being selfish by just thinking she can give up this honor...she is saying it because she feels like Bree thinks too losely about the topic....OR she is jealous because she wasn't picked, like Bree had been...and even though she is more independant, her parents aren't as proud of her as bree's are of her.

I see it opposite...I think she's making a point that Bree has been chosen, not everyone is...and she shouldn't think she can just back out so easily. No jealousy...just, it's harder to turn your back on something when you are viewed as "the chosen one". kwim? I don't see the selfish or jealousy thing one bit...
roxybebito
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: MOre to believe she might be chosen from birth Reply with quote

http://www.crypticcavern.com/holidays/Imb.htm

"The minor holidays are also celebrated all over the globe. Imbolg (Feb 2nd), Bealtaine (May 1st), Lughnasadh (Aug 1st) and Samhaim (Oct 31st) fall inbetween the major holidays. Many of the traditions have become celebrated holidays today in many culture.

Imbolg

This time of year has many different meanings for cultures all around the world. Centuries ago winter was a tuff and hard time. The days were short and the nights were long, food was scarce and the promise of spring was far away. This time of year is celebrated all over the world with a variety of traditions that go back thousands of years. The holiday celebrated on February 2nd is called by many names. You many know it as Imbolg, Imbolc, Candlemas, the Feast Day of Saint Blaise, Oimelc )meaning "milk of ewes"), Laa'l Breeshey and Saint Bridget's Day.

This is the holiday Pagans honor Brid (Breed) a figure who was known the best as a goddess of the Celtic. She is also known as Bridgit (Bree-id), Brigit, Brede or Bride in her maiden aspect.

In some legends she is described as the daughter of the Dagda, the Celtic "Father of All" and "Lord of The Great Knowledge" a warrior and protector who was paired with the Morrigan. Other say that Brigit was his consort and Dagda is a god of abundance who fed the world with his cauldron called Undry.

Brigit is the goddess of sovereignty. She is a fire deity and some believe a sun goddess. Because of the connection of the growing season she is also thought of as a fertility goddess.She was also known as the patroness of smithcraft. She was said to have taught the original smiths their art.

This holiday is most commonly called Imbolg (Em-bowl/g) meaning "in the belly". In the womb of Mother Earth, the seed that was planted in her womb at the solstice is now awakening as the new year grows.

Groundhogs Day is a form of this celebrated holiday, also celebrated on February 2nd. It started as a British Isles tradition to predict how much more winter weather was to come. Now a recognized day and celebrated in the United States on February 2nd. Every year in Punxsutawney Pennsylvania since 1887 this town celebrates Groundhog Day with a local crowd of residents and tourists wait to see if Punxsutawney Phil (local groundhog) can see his shadow to tell us if there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

This is the time of the earliest beginnings of Spring. The seeds are planted and warmed by the ever growing sun....."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: