Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They disappeared 10-30-06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
Yeah, well, it's all over the site...everyone hates Gemma. Gemma has horse teeth. Blah, blah. What does it have to do with the video? Nothing. The plot? Nothing. We get it. She's not popular, move on. And, I'm not teasing, but getting rather annoyed by the constant attention to not liking someone instead of watching the video and seeing where it takes the story.

This forum has no rules about what you can or can't post. Most of my posts have been about the video, or the plot, or the story. Not everyone feels like being Nancy Drew at 8:30 in the morning when they watch a video, y'know. I have things to do.

This board is pretty tame when it comes to the rest of the internet, I think some repeatitive complaints are allowed since swear words/derogatory comments aren't. I mean some guy in the last video post said he was disappointed with the video, and someone called him a 'typical American' because he didn't "appreciate" it.

Some people like things, some don't. Some feel like analyzing, some people let everyone else do it for them.

Want me to be constructive? Kay.

I think Bree will ignore this, because she thinks Daniel will protect her. He's done everything else, legal and not, to "save" her. She also trusts her parents, and she'll probably go along the lines of "I have too many people that care about me, that'll never happen."

I don't get the significance of the dog and actually naming it though. "They even left their dog Sasha behind." Maybe that was to get to Bree, since it's known she loves animals and was friends with a dog. So if an entire family disappearing doesn't effect her, maybe she'll feel bad for the poor puppy or something.

Either way, I don't think Bree will be phased. She's too confident in a happy ending right now.

Get. Over. It. Move. On.

I didn't read this, I don't need lectured by someone more interested in whining than discussing the video. Thank you. Good Day.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:
To summarize, then:

The family of the previous "chosen" girl disappeared involuntarily, and the Order didn't want anyone to know it was involuntary, so They wrote fake letters on behalf of the family, apparently for years. But if They wanted it to seem like a regular household move, why didn't They clean out the family's house to avert suspicion?

And how long after the ceremony did the family disappear?

And what did their letters to Gemma's family say? Surely they gave some excuse for scarpering?

And, hey, was Gemma's dog really the one that family left behind? Hmmm. Maybe THE DOG chooses the next girl for the ceremony, and it chose Bree!

Did she specify if the girl disappeared with the family...or if she disappeared and the family did also afterwards?
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
Not everyone feels like being Nancy Drew at 8:30 in the morning when they watch a video, y'know. I have things to do.

The logical thing, then, would be to go do those things, wouldn't it, rather than mess around on the forums?

What do they teach them in these schools?
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are way too serious, honestly. I made one comment, I don't need to "get over it" anymore than I need to get over not liking olives or cold pizza.

Just relax, it's all good. I made my comment about the video, blah blah, I'm gonna go to class. Cause I learn things in school, none of which are to how to please forum-goers on the internet though. I wonder how many credits that is?

Anyway, just chill, smile, it's the internet. Look forward to a Halloween video of somekind probably, creators are going video-happy lately.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Gemma deliberately left out some pertinent information. She seems to be warning Bree about the Order, but at the same time, she strikes me as jealous of Bree's place in the Order.
Dogma72
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

first post, new to the forums, blah blah blah.

Wanted to say that I don't like Gemma either - although, it has nothing to do with her accent or teeth or any other physical incarnation. I can't exactly lay my finger on it. I think maybe it's because she - apparently - has seen the inside and hasn't let out more information. Just elusive hints and subtle warnings. Is she a pawn? Is she genuinely interested in Bree's health and well being?

I dunno - I just get this dark and foreboading feeling when i watch her videos. My feeling is that nothing good is going to come from Gemma - it's like the timing of her appearance was just TOO conveniant for it to just be a coincidence.

All in all, I am really enjoying watching the plot unfold. I love that there have been alot of twists and turns thus far. Like Bree, I think we are just starting to see the tip of the ice berg. I think the poo is going to hit the fan very, very soon.
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogma72 wrote:
Wanted to say that I don't like Gemma either - although, it has nothing to do with her accent or teeth or any other physical incarnation. I can't exactly lay my finger on it. I think maybe it's because she - apparently - has seen the inside and hasn't let out more information. Just elusive hints and subtle warnings. Is she a pawn? Is she genuinely interested in Bree's health and well being?

I dunno - I just get this dark and foreboading feeling when i watch her videos. My feeling is that nothing good is going to come from Gemma - it's like the timing of her appearance was just TOO conveniant for it to just be a coincidence.

I need to stop putzing before class, honestly.. BUT.

I agree. I mean I think her teeth are funny, but it's very hard to pull of veneers if that's what they are. Otherwise she's just blessed with unusually white teeth.

Something about the things she says just.. BUGS me. Like why is she popping up now? Why not before? I can't tell if she's really concerned or she's just a really shady person from the cult that's being told to tell Bree these things because she has influence with her.

Totally bad vibes.
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

#1. If you were a member of something, let's say, oh....The Order, and you were setting up some ceremony that happens once every 10-15 years-- You've found the perfect girl for the ceremony, and you spend months getting her ready; teaching her the things she needs to know to perform the ceremony, making sure she's getting her injections of whatever, holding her to her strict diet, etc etc etc Then, said perfect girl sends her parents in to tell you that she's changed her mind, she doesn't want to go through with the ceremony and you have to find someone else. Except, of course, now you don't have the months that are necessary for the preparation phase. Would you let her out of it? And would you be a little pissed off?

#2. This is probably reaching, but....what was Gemma's dog's name? Here's why I ask. What if it was really Gemma's family that ran away from the last ceremony? They ran so fast, that they left their dog behind. Bree would know the dog's name, having been "friends" with her. That could be a MAJOR warning to Bree.

That being said: Gemma is really starting to grate on my nerves with her cryptic videos. Just SAY what you MEAN! On one hand, she says that it's not her choice, she has to go through with the ceremony. On the other hand, she says that the last time someone was chosen for the ceremony, she and her family disappeared.

So, what exactly are Bree's choices, here Gemma? Rolling Eyes

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannie717 wrote:
she's talking about cassie! Shocked haha maybe

I have to say as much as I would like a creepy CIW type cassie to show up I really think that short little explaination by bree of who cassie was, was the creators putting that to bed because CIW turned her into something they could not live up to. My guess would be that the original plan for cassie was what is now gemma. I think she was to be the other girl and the reason it took THIS long to get a new character is that they had to figure out how to introduce this other girl character in a different way. This is all just a guess though.
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#2. This is probably reaching, but....what was Gemma's dog's name? Here's why I ask. What if it was really Gemma's family that ran away from the last ceremony? They ran so fast, that they left their dog behind. Bree would know the dog's name, having been "friends" with her. That could be a MAJOR warning to Bree.

Yeah, hi, I'm the loser quoting myself. Laughing

I just rewatched her first video to see if she names her dog, and she doesn't, but she also mentions that her parents still live "in the community". So, I guess that it's not her family she's talking about in her latest video. So scratch that theory.

Everything else I said before holds, though. Very Happy

thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Nightmare wrote:

That being said: Gemma is really starting to grate on my nerves with her cryptic videos. Just SAY what you MEAN!

Well that wouldn't be much fun would it?
Plus we dont know the full exstent of this whole order. Gemma may be taking risks just posting as much as she does. coming right out and saying things may be a kiss of death for her.
Dogma72
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

it does seem very coincidental.

Gemma's family left the commune and "kept in touch" with Bree's parents (the other family "kept in touch" also)

Gemma's family had a dog - this GIRL had a dog

it does seem very, very weird. I think its clear that Gemma is sending Bree a very strong warning message - but, does she have any real "help" or advice on how to break away? or what possible tangible ramifications there will be?
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well that wouldn't be much fun would it?
Plus we dont know the full exstent of this whole order. Gemma may be taking risks just posting as much as she does. coming right out and saying things may be a kiss of death for her.

You're totally right. But, my point is she seems to be saying two completely different things. On one hand, get away from The Order, and don't do the ceremony, because the last girl who did disappeared. On the other hand, you have no choice but to do the ceremony so don't even bother telling them you've decided not to do it.

Pick a stance and stick with it, girl!

Dogma72
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or
there IS a 3rd possibility...

that she doesn't know as much as we believe her to know and she is kind of saying "You've got to get away from these people but... I'm just really not sure how"
savannahbanana
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gemma is kinda cute....

but anywho, There is no reason for her to being saying the stuff that she's saying. Yes, it's possible that she is just saying what she knows and doesn't know what Bree should do, but I get these jealous undertones from her that really creep me out. I just makes me not like her. Why would she scare Bree like that if there is nothing that she can do about it? Seems kind of pointless. It's not like she's saying anything thats actually helpful, or offering any suggestions. It's like, no, you must do the ceremony, and yes, you will dissapear. Sorry! I just don't understand why a friend would talk like that. I don't trust this one.

*looks around suspiciously*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: