Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0175 - "Running For Life" [04/17/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smelltheflowers wrote:
I can always tell when there's a new video because the boards run like molasses Laughing

...in January. Molasses in January. Thats what my Grandma says Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pixxi.is.dizzi wrote:
I hate it when people get all "drink drink drink, all day long, drink drink drink, sing my avoiding actual emotional content song"

last time one on my friend's got that way i cornered them and beat them about the head until logic connected thru their bicardi fog. And seeing DB like that is causing that urge to rise again.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves."

Now thats some major "Tough Love"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
It occurs to me, listening to Jonas, that in the video where he expressed remorse over the gun, that he is now more than even with Daniel and Bree. They tied him up and interrogated him in his own home--pretty bad. He waved a gun at them--even worse. He now realizes that you can do crazy things when the Order is after you and your own family betrays you.

Jonas's whole reality has shifted, just as Bree's has. Daniel has been hurt and betrayed by a woman for the first time. Alex letting him down goes along with his parents letting him down through their alcoholism and neglect. Bree and Jonas had loving families, while Daniel had major dysfunction and neglect. It only makes sense that Daniel would be the one to fall apart when they finally get to safety.

Yeah, you pretty much said it all right there. I couldn't agree more.
&
Sarah Fan Club
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
pixxi.is.dizzi wrote:
I hate it when people get all "drink drink drink, all day long, drink drink drink, sing my avoiding actual emotional content song"

last time one on my friend's got that way i cornered them and beat them about the head until logic connected thru their bicardi fog. And seeing DB like that is causing that urge to rise again.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves."

Now thats some major "Tough Love"
Yeah, voyboy, it sure is.Shocked

Bree's been through a lot too, with her dad being killed, and all. Daniel, however, has nothing to do with the Order, and has just been dealt a bad hand by fate.

Jonas is really growing on me.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
aideen
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
It occurs to me, listening to Jonas, that in the video where he expressed remorse over the gun, that he is now more than even with Daniel and Bree. They tied him up and interrogated him in his own home--pretty bad. He waved a gun at them--even worse. He now realizes that you can do crazy things when the Order is after you and your own family betrays you.

That is so true Sappho, I didn't even realise that; well spotted.
I really need to pay more attention to character monologues in future

"Hi! We're here to take you to Six Flags, little girl. But first we wanna tie you up".
~Jonas [My Lover]

I like funfunfun Wink
nickaflick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, any video that includes Jonas being ... well, Jonas is okay by me Very Happy

he's so stinkin cute I can't stand it!

"In life it's easier to just take what we want and leave as quickly as possible, but it is when we tough it out and face our fears that we will have grown stronger." Unknown
imogene2004
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I liked this video Very Happy It's nice to see Jonas feeling kinda relaxed after all he's been through-after all they've been through. As for Daniel, I really don't like the whole alcoholic angle they've got going with him. I get so annoyed every time he drinks.

Vote for Faith(my little girl)
https://www.greatamericanphotocontest.com/voter1/index.aspx?p=39813&x=.gif
Dsrtnomad
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question, but why did they bring booze to the bomb shelter anyway?
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
Bree just finished saying in her forum, that they are taking precautions, and not videoing outside. So what does Jonas do? Videos outside. Shocked

I didn't read Bree's comment, but my very first reaction to seeing Jonas filming the surrounding area was "Dumbass. Why don't you just post a map with an arrow on it, saying 'Bunker here'?"

Hippie wrote:
I know daniel is drinking too much, but please, lets not turn this into an intervention, AA session, if you want him to stop drinking just cut it from the story line! Hell youve changed better parts of the story without an explination, we dont care why on this subject, well I for one dont!

Well, I, for one, do.

Although this series has a lot of action elements (and I mean a lot), nonetheless it's largely character-driven.

In the past, DB has been the one who has kept going, even when Bree was withdrawing into denial and childish or bitchy behavior.

Now he's exhibiting signs of serious depression (BTW, for those who think he's being "lazy," the sleeping-all-day, reading-comics-all-night behavior is not laziness, it's major depression).

I would lay odds that the Creators are setting us up for some major development involving DB. Maybe the DannyB character will be triggered. More likely, he'll do something really stupid that will have serious repercussions.

wh_pirate wrote:
I like how Jonas was stating how he is faking his happiness. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one who does that. Laughing

Glad you mentioned this, pirate. I think that the Creators are underscoring the significant differences between Jonas's and DB's approaches to life in general and this difficult situation in particular. The "fake it till you make it" recommendation is central to the philosophy of AA and other 12-step programs, and it seems to work for a lot of people -- it certainly does seem to work for Jonas. I predict that Jonas will end up saving the day in whatever situation DB will cause soon. (And my prediction will probably be as accurate as the predictions of Jeane Dixon and other media astrologers.) Rolling Eyes

wh_pirate wrote:
I hope this "run" is gonna help Daniel remember what life is like not having to depend on the bottle.

I didn't think Jonas succeeded in dragging DB out of bed -- I got the sense that Jonas was alone on the run. But maybe DB was supposed to be the one with the camera. If so, he should have said something.

kellylen wrote:
SPARTAAAAAAA

Hee! Love it, Kelly.

I have to say that even though the area-survey part of the vid was idiotic in terms of the plot, it made me want to go to California and run.

Sappho wrote:
Wisi Girl, I have Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism. I can't tell if you just have a strange sense of humor, or if you are trying to test the limits here. It's OK for people to disagree about things. I can't tell if you are insulting my taste or not, because I have autism. I'm going to assume that you are not. Please be more clear in the future, as a kindness to me and any other Aspies here.

Sappho, thanks for letting us know about your Asperger's. I want to let you know that it isn't just the fact that you're an Aspie (if I can use the term even though I don't have the syndrome) that makes it difficult to know whether someone on the forum is making a joke or being insulting. That's one of the inherent difficulties with Internet communication -- we don't have tone of voice or body language to help us interpret what the other person is saying.

As far as I know I don't have Asperger's, but I also have trouble interpreting whether forumites are joking or not -- yesterday it seemed like I misinterpreted the intentions behind just about every post I read, and kept putting my foot in my mouth (metaphorically) as a result. So you aren't alone.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm, Jonas, if you really want to help Daniel, how 'bout....ohhhhhh....not buying him alcohol?!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Daniel has probably ran out of his own money by now Rolling Eyes and that Jonas and his fortune is sponsoring the Race For Your Life Charlie Brown show.

I'm sure he doesn't want to act like Daniel's parent and say "no, no, Daniel, no more drinking!", but he could take some action and stop enabling Daniel to do something that he sees as a real problem.

Other than that, Jonas is adorable in this video. Though he should have been running shirtless. Razz
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Ummmm, Jonas, if you really want to help Daniel, how 'bout....ohhhhhh....not buying him alcohol?!

He didn't buy him alcohol. DB bought the alcohol at the place they stopped for toilet paper.

What is Jonas supposed to do -- dole out money like a parent doling out allowance? "Now, Danny, here's some money to go to the grocery store. But be sure you don't get any of that nasty alcohol, or I'll rap your knuckles and make you return it."

Okay, pardon my snark. But I strongly suspect that if you're right, and Jonas is funding the TAAG, he simply handed B&D a fistful of cash and said "Here, buy whatever you think we need."
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dsrtnomad wrote:
Just a question, but why did they bring booze to the bomb shelter anyway?

If I was going to be stuck in a bomb selter I would! Doesn't sound like much fun...

Although I'd have checked the bathrom situation first coz beer really makes me need to pee....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

He didn't buy him alcohol. DB bought the alcohol at the place they stopped for toilet paper.

What is Jonas supposed to do -- dole out money like a parent doling out allowance? "Now, Danny, here's some money to go to the grocery store. But be sure you don't get any of that nasty alcohol, or I'll rap your knuckles and make you return it."

Okay, pardon my snark. But I strongly suspect that if you're right, and Jonas is funding the TAAG, he simply handed B&D a fistful of cash and said "Here, buy whatever you think we need."

I'm sure that Jonas did hand Daniel the money, not buy it directly for him. But it's Jonas' money, and if he doesn't want to pay for Daniel's booze, it's his prerogative. If Bree started a crack habit today, would it be okay for Jonas to hand her money and say, "okay buy what we need" and for her to run off and buy drugs with it? Kinda the same thing in my book.

If he doesn't want Daniel drinking, don't hand him cash and let him do the shopping.

And if Jonas isn't funding the "TAAG", then where's the money coming from?
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, point taken.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Okay, point taken.

LOL! Okay, that was too easy. I guess I am used to trying to explain my views to people on the board that just can't concede anyone else might have a point, cuz I was all winding up to have to argue this one.

I think I love you. Laughing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: