Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*SPOILER WARNING* LOST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked Charlie, but he completely redeemed himself.

"Tell [Ben] I said hi!"

And when he wrote on his palm? Both me and the BF thought it was some crap note to Claire. Totally wrong. Totally awesome. Stupid hobbit made me cry. I'm so Lost's bitch.
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked Charlie, but sometimes he annoys the shit out of me. In fact, almost all the characters annoy the shit out of me. Charlie made me cry though. Sayid is a totally a badass. And what the f**k just happened. Did they inherit Desmond's time traveling ability? Holy shit.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martha wrote:
Holy shit.

This sums up the episode completely.

On the TWoP boards someone said that the chick that Jack saved was Sawyer's ex-girlfriend (the one he conned, the one who had his daughter, Clementine, and who teamed up with Kate). IF this is true (and it's not confirmed), then it messes up the future, because she had an 8-year-old BOY, not a girl. So perhaps that means that this is an "alternative" future, and not set in stone?

But like I said, not confirmed, so this might be total fan-wank.
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the future is already messed up though, because Jack's dad isn't dead. Or the past is messed up. Or something. So does that mean that everyone who died on the island isn't actually dead? Like the plane crash never happened, but except in the survivors minds, so they still all know each other? They're going to have a hell of a time explaining this. I was hoping for more answers, not more questions. But now we have to wait til next winter for anything Sad That was a great episode though.
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jack's dad was dead and he was just hopped up on goofy pills. Cos the way mr. cheif of surgeon looked at him after he said it was like, " ya whatever crazy jack! Your daddy is dead what are you talking about?"

Poor Chahlee!That was really sad, but is it awful to admit that the whole time I was worried they would kill Desmond too? I had pretty much already given up hope Chahlee would survive, so maybe it didn't hit me quite as hard.
Michelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT THE HELL?!

That episode was so trippy. I'm still thinking about it.... and I don't know if I like this flash-forward thing. I wonder if the next 3 seasons will all be flash-forwards?!
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTH is definatly right at least now we know what they meant. I see this as meaning seasons 1-3 were flashbacks that contained flashbacks. Or mayby just this episode was.

Eg as jack planed to jump off he was remembering the events thats makeing him wanna jump.

It felt like they were playing with us the whole time you couldnt tell who was realy shot and who magicaly survived being shot. Nice aim by lock and go sayid with the kneckbreaker. woo

9 months omg you cant do that im going to see it again
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaven wrote:
I think Jack's dad was dead and he was just hopped up on goofy pills. Cos the way mr. cheif of surgeon looked at him after he said it was like, " ya whatever crazy jack! Your daddy is dead what are you talking about?"

That was my thought as well. Or when Jack said, "Call my dad down here and if he's drunker than I am..." he meant, you know, litterally. From heaven.

Quote:

Poor Chahlee!That was really sad, but is it awful to admit that the whole time I was worried they would kill Desmond too? I had pretty much already given up hope Chahlee would survive, so maybe it didn't hit me quite as hard.

I'm impressed they went through with it--killing a fan favorite like that. And he really did get to me at the end, talking to Penny like that--"He's (Desmond) brilliant!" and then writing the message about Naomi on his hand at the end. Well played, sneaky hobbittses. You made me like you at the end.

Picture of the newspaper clipping:
http://bp0.blogger.com/_8HhjIy50yEY/RlUOKWnofdI/AAAAAAAAALw/2oyx2_B2Wq4/s1600-h/a04.1-full.JPG

(The body of J_____ _antham of New York was [found] shortly after 4 a.m. in the [___] of Grand Avenue.

Ted S____ a doorman at The Tower [_____] heard loud noises[_____] ing loft. Concerned for [______] he [____] the [____] discovered the [_____] hanging from a beam in the [_______].
)

Question. Why was Penny contacting the Looking Glass? As soon as "Cholly" un-jammed the signal there was an incoming call. She wasn't calling Naomi, she didn't even know who that is. So Dharma would be the next logical step, right? If the Looking Glass was a Dharma station (now being run by Others), does that mean Penny was working for them?

Last year, the guys in the arctic gave Penny the coordinates for the signal (purple light/rumbling noise) they got from the island. Naomi said she was given the coordinates AND she had the picture of Des/Penny, yet Penny had no idea who she was.

Who was Naomi working for? Charles Widmore? And is Charles Widmore connected to Dharma? (On the show...in the Lost Experience ARG he was but who knows if it'll be on here, too)

martha wrote:
So does that mean that everyone who died on the island isn't actually dead? Like the plane crash never happened, but except in the survivors minds, so they still all know each other?

This is where it gets weird. Naomi said they're all dead. Was she telling the truth (you would say no only because Penny didn't know who she was)?

In Jack's flashforward, he's called a "hero twice over" by the guy in the pharmacy. I'm guessing that the first "heroism" was the plane crash. And they were all given "golden tickets" by Oceanic so they can fly for free whenever they want ( Rolling Eyes ). But on the ABC run Oceanic website, it says that they closed down after the disaster. Continuity error? Or clue?

VeiwerZane wrote:
WTH is definatly right at least now we know what they meant. I see this as meaning seasons 1-3 were flashbacks that contained flashbacks.

That's what I thought at first. But it can't be---how could whoever survives the island and returns to the mainland remember Boone's past? Shannon's? Or Eko's, Ana-Lucia's, or Libby's? The only people that can remember those are the people themselves.

However, the idea that JUST this episode was Jack to the Future's flashback is plausible.
djmadscribbler
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the topic of time and discrepancies I just read an interesting article after "Greatest Hits". The guy's theory was that the people on the island are not who they were originally. Whether this has to do with the purple sky event or if Desmond is having some effect on the other inhabitants is still to be seen. His evidence for this theory is the fact that Charlie couldn't swim before (at least not well) and in Greatest Hits we suddenly have a memory of him learning to swim and him talking about being Junior Swim Champ etc. I thought it was interesting in a sort of Schrodinger's cat sort of way.
We shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmadscribbler wrote:
While we're on the topic of time and discrepancies I just read an interesting article after "Greatest Hits". The guy's theory was that the people on the island are not who they were originally. Whether this has to do with the purple sky event or if Desmond is having some effect on the other inhabitants is still to be seen. His evidence for this theory is the fact that Charlie couldn't swim before (at least not well) and in Greatest Hits we suddenly have a memory of him learning to swim and him talking about being Junior Swim Champ etc. I thought it was interesting in a sort of Schrodinger's cat sort of way.

I've been wondering where you were! Shame on you

That IS an interesting theory. Not so much that Desmond is the one affecting the rest of the Losties, but that he was one of the effected. Didn't his future telling skillz develop only after the purple sky event (sadly, no purple rain was present)?
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still sort of confused about Jack's father. Jack tried to get his prescription refilled, and it had run out, so he used a forged one, supposedly his father's. He wouldn't use his father, if he was dead, right?
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martha wrote:
I'm still sort of confused about Jack's father. Jack tried to get his prescription refilled, and it had run out, so he used a forged one, supposedly his father's. He wouldn't use his father, if he was dead, right?

I have no clue. Maybe he was so doped up he thought it would work? Wow, nice catch. *confuzzled*
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole episode confuzzled me. Confused The show redeemed itself though, but certainly left more questions than answers. My parents said it's getting to be like Twin Peaks, where they're just stringing the viewers along, with no thought out plan for the future.
djmadscribbler
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:

I've been wondering where you were! Shame on you

That IS an interesting theory. Not so much that Desmond is the one affecting the rest of the Losties, but that he was one of the effected. Didn't his future telling skillz develop only after the purple sky event (sadly, no purple rain was present)?

Yeah, I think his Psychic stuff did develop after that. However it appears that the event (and his acquiring those flashes) changed his past as well (like at the bar, the stuff with Ms. Hawks etc). So maybe that event changed Charlie's past too. Which makes me wonder, who else's past has been changed?

As for where I've been - I've been pining for you of course Wink

Edited for spelling stuff
We shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martha wrote:
This whole episode confuzzled me. Confused The show redeemed itself though, but certainly left more questions than answers. My parents said it's getting to be like Twin Peaks, where they're just stringing the viewers along, with no thought out plan for the future.

I was begining to think that as well, but now with a set date hopefully the writers wont feel the need to make anymore filler episodes and they have the end in sight.

djmadscribbler wrote:

Yeah, I think his Psychic stuff did develop after that. However it appears that the event (and his acquiring those flashes) changed his past as well (like at the bar, the stuff with Ms. Hawks etc). So maybe that event changed Charlie's past too. Which makes me wonder, who else's past has been changed?

What if CHARLIE was the one who programed "Good Vibrations" on the keypad? Oh I know, not likely. Wink

Quote:

As for where I've been - I've been pining for you of course Wink

Edited for spelling stuff

*swoon* Where were you 6 years ago, dearest? Very Happy

And..for a little bit more of fan wank...what if they never made it off the island--that Jack to the future was an alternate reality and Adam and Eve in the Rape Caves (tm Shannon) are Jack and Kate? Oh, I know. Still not likely.

Have I mentioned how kick ass Sayid was yet? Wink

Edit: Shit, I just read this on TWOP and I had to share.

For me, one of the freakiest moments was whenever we'd see Mikhail's scarred up eye socket. Can we say ewww? But I just read this post where the person pointed out the glass eye that the Tailies (Ana Lucia, Eko, et al) found in their hatch (I forget the name)......is this Mikhail's? How can it be, if his socket is all scared and whatnot? If it was, why would he just stop using it? Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

Jump to: