Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gemmers19 "It's not your decision" [10/26/2006]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
I don't read it as jealous but rather bitter. She had to go through all that isolation and grooming so seemingly no reason. That'd piss me off to.

I didn't get the sense that Gemma went through "all that isolation and grooming" because she was a possible candidate for the ceremony -- just that nobody outside the "community" could be trusted, at least as a possible boyfriend/intimate for a girl in the community.

And I didn't get a sense either of jealousy or bitterness on Gemma's part, just of greater experience and wanting to help. She says something about Bree being "grown up," and Bree did seem grown up in the last few videos about/with Daniel, but the "Hi Gemma!" vid took us back to the goofy little-kid Bree we saw in the beginning. Gemma seems far more mature by contrast. (And that's why Bree was friends with Gemma's dog and not with Gemma -- Bree was way too young to be Gemma's friend. That's also why Gemma couldn't possibly be Bree's "competition" for Daniel -- Daniel's too young for her. Not to mention that he's in another country. Yousef may be going to London, but we haven't heard any mention of his character Daniel doing so.)

I think the point of emphasizing that Gemma wasn't chosen for the ceremony is to underscore that Gemma didn't have as important of a role in the cult, and that's why she was able/allowed to get away.

I also think Gemma's been added to provide the perspective of somebody else who knows the cult from the inside, and who can underscore the dangerous aspect. I posted in the "Nut man squirrel" thread in the fan videos section about all the references to death in Gemma's first two vids. Sounds like "the community" was used to bad things happening to people? That's why/when they rang the bell.
laurenesque
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably been said 380989440985 times before, but I think Gemma is still part of the religion. I think she just had some bad associations with the "community" so she wanted to be on her own. Doesn't mean she's any less committed to the religion though. I do see where she seems perturbed that she wasn't chosen for the ceremony, and it's almost like, "Look, you were chosen, so don't screw it up."

The consistency bothers me though because in the past two videos, she's been worried for Bree and it sounds like she thought Bree was doing the right thing by trying to talk with Daniel and such. If she watches the videos, then she would know Daniel is pretty much anti-ceremony, so I feel like she should either be mad Bree isn't doing the ceremony AND discourage the relationship with Daniel or be glad for Bree that she's getting out and reconnecting with Daniel.

That was a long sentence. Shocked
dawnbb
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Languorous Lass

It seems to me that Gemma was disappointed in LG15 for not taking the whole ceremony thing seriously... its not her decision to make to just not do it... they are obviously VERY controlling, that what she is saying.

She then said although she was not picked, it was still hard for her to live independently - underscoring the fact that it is difficult to leave, even for someone who is not that important. And lets face it, if you were in a community so closed, knowing nothing else (she had never tried Thai food) then you might find it hard to leave, to have no support from friends or family in anything you ever did again...

She goes on to say that they were also controlling when she liked the boy from the petrol station - and she was no longer able to see him. I am sure she would have been able to see him if he was from the commune.

The "Its your decision" bit is relating to the trust she is asking for - she is saying its your choice to trust me or not... and I hope you do.

So I think Gemma is not in the religion anymore, and she is trying to make LG realise that they are very controlling, maybe dangerous, and hard to break away from, but that maybe she should be trying, if she really doesnt want to do the ceremony.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Sam!

Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what they say about guys with big feet........

JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I think it is safe to say the ceremony is not a deflowering ceremony now. I mean seriously, if that was the case, do you really think they wouldn't pick Gemma....WOW

PS Daniel had warm clothes in that previous video because he's headed to Ontario

PSS Stop taking the shots Bree ookalakka boiyaka Eieeieieieieiei
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a video somewhere where Bree's parents say something to the effect that maybe she shouldn't go through with the ceremony because she told them she snuck out with Daniel?

If this is so, maybe it isn't so hard for Bree to get out of it.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much on the same page as dawn and Langorous, here.

Also, maybe Gemma couldn't be considered for the ceremony because of her age when the ceremony would take place...or even like said before that she isn't as 'high up' or her family wasn't, so couldn't be considered.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
Isn't there a video somewhere where Bree's parents say something to the effect that maybe she shouldn't go through with the ceremony because she told them she snuck out with Daniel?

If this is so, maybe it isn't so hard for Bree to get out of it.

In the video where her parents caught her sneaking out, I remember making a comment that her father mentioned something about her breaking her purity bond...but nothing about her not being able to do the ceremony.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been reading in the forum up until now, but I wanted to say something this time before The Creators felt obligated to run with the story in a wild, unimplied direction just because a bunch of people drew some strange conclusions.

Everything that dawnbb said is correct, and obvious. Gemma didn't imply jealousy with the part about not being chosen for the ceremony. Look at exactly what she said: "They are in charge. To be honest, it hasn't been easy for me to be here. Even though I wasn't picked for the ceremony like you were, it's been difficult for me to be independent." She's emphasizing that these people are controlling and aren't going to let Bree just say "I don't want to do it" and leave it at that.

The "I don't think you're taking this seriously enough" is in response to Bree thinking that it's even possible to just say "I don't want to do this" and that be it. She's saying "It's not your decision to make" because they will probably tell her she has to do it. The point she's trying to make is that they're controlling, even for those people like her who weren't picked for the really special things. That means that for someone chosen for this really important ceremony (Bree), they'll probably be even worse. I think Gemma's trying to tell Bree that if she's going to avoid being in the ceremony, she's going to have to start taking things more seriously in the sense that these people can't be reasoned with like normal people and aren't interested in what she wants.

And like dawnbb said, the "It's your decision" part at the end was about trusting her: "Look, I understand it's hard to know who to trust. I know that. It's your decision. I just hope you'll listen to some of the things I'm saying."

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I hope that our posts help get things on track.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...it's not up to her but its her decision to make huh...well that gave us alot to work with. Did i sense a little jelousy in her voice when she was talking about not being picked for the ceremony?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not up to her in that the religion, parents, etc. will not care that she says she doesn't want to do it. It IS her decision to trust or not trust what Gemma says.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Sami wrote:
gemma is a little bitchy... and talks funny

*bad suspisious feeling about her*

Could they be using her. "Oh I'm not with them any more, im your friend...i just want to say hi and that i think its great your doing the ceremony. what your not doing it? no no you totaly should."
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kimmi-Chan"]
Anyway, now it really sounds like Bree has been chosen to do the ceremony from birth. It sounds like the whole religion to a certain extent revolves around her doing the ceremony, and they'll stop at nothing to have it completed./quote]

She's the golden child
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Skydive wrote:
Raspberry wrote:
damn, could Gemma be any more jealous that she wasn't "chosen"?! Mad I don't like her anymore. It's like she is telling Bree she has to participate, saying it isn't her decision to make, yet, Gemma made her own decision to be independent. So, why, would Gemma be defending the religion she questioned enough to move away from.

I definitely saw some claws when she talked and Bree being chosen and not her........CAT FIGHT! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think thats the only way to end this series...cat fight followed by...making up. come on even daniel would be for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: