Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They disappeared 10-30-06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

savannahbanana wrote:
It's not like she's saying anything thats actually helpful, or offering any suggestions. It's like, no, you must do the ceremony, and yes, you will dissapear.

Nah, I think the point of "it's not your decision" isn't that Gemma means Bree has to do the ceremony. She's saying that Bree can't just cavalierly decide not to do it and assume the deacons will say, "Oh, okay then." Clearly, Gemma thinks the ceremony is a Bad Idea, but she thinks Bree isn't taking seriously enough how hard it will be--or what it might cost her--to get out of it.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Nightmare wrote:

#2. This is probably reaching, but....what was Gemma's dog's name? Here's why I ask. What if it was really Gemma's family that ran away from the last ceremony? They ran so fast, that they left their dog behind. Bree would know the dog's name, having been "friends" with her. That could be a MAJOR warning to Bree.

wow your right. I dont know how this all works out considering she said ehr family was still in the community but she like over exaggerates saying "Sasha" its like bla bla bla Sasha....bla bla bla. That's really weird if it doesnt mean anything. I don't see how it could be that she is talking aout herself though because bree would have been what...5 at this time if gemma was 8? also I can't figure out a reason why should would say her family was still part of the group if they aren't. It's something to think about though.

The other problem with this argument is that it seems Gemma is almost saying that the family was dead and the order were writing the letters to them covering up the disappearance.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This goes along with my last post. What if the dog wasn't Gemma's to begin with and thats how she got the job. I'm thinking this is probably the case the more I think about it. Once the family disappeard Gemma's family took the dog in.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:
savannahbanana wrote:
It's not like she's saying anything thats actually helpful, or offering any suggestions. It's like, no, you must do the ceremony, and yes, you will dissapear.

Nah, I think the point of "it's not your decision" isn't that Gemma means Bree has to do the ceremony. She's saying that Bree can't just cavalierly decide not to do it and assume the deacons will say, "Oh, okay then." Clearly, Gemma thinks the ceremony is a Bad Idea, but she thinks Bree isn't taking seriously enough how hard it will be--or what it might cost her--to get out of it.

Completely agree with you, here.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2. This is probably reaching, but....what was Gemma's dog's name? Here's why I ask. What if it was really Gemma's family that ran away from the last ceremony? They ran so fast, that they left their dog behind. Bree would know the dog's name, having been "friends" with her. That could be a MAJOR warning to Bree.

Good theory. I know she said the parents were still living "in the community" in her earlier video, but that could be explained away. Perhaps Sascha became Gemmer's dog that Bree later fell for?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That theory #2...I don't think we should discard that...it is toooooo interesting.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
Dannie717 wrote:
she's talking about cassie! Shocked haha maybe

I have to say as much as I would like a creepy CIW type cassie to show up I really think that short little explaination by bree of who cassie was, was the creators putting that to bed because CIW turned her into something they could not live up to. My guess would be that the original plan for cassie was what is now gemma. I think she was to be the other girl and the reason it took THIS long to get a new character is that they had to figure out how to introduce this other girl character in a different way. This is all just a guess though.

I think you're probably right. Hadn't thought of that, but good points! The creators wanted to get rid of Cassie and bring in another character, so they created Gemma... originally it was probably going to be Cassie giving us these clues!
Dogma72
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's interesting the roles the different characters play:

Bree - The story is happening to her, so she sees everything "real time"

Daniel - He is observing the story unfold and can react to it

Gemma - She sort of plays the omnipotent but not involved outside - a narrator if you will
savannahbanana
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kasdeja"]
TheFatLady wrote:
savannahbanana wrote:

Then why doesnt she just say, "it will be really hard to get out of. I dont think you understand how hard it will be." Like I said- way to cryptic and unhelpful for someone who is a friend.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said: Gemma is really starting to grate on my nerves with her cryptic videos. Just SAY what you MEAN! On one hand, she says that it's not her choice, she has to go through with the ceremony. On the other hand, she says that the last time someone was chosen for the ceremony, she and her family disappeared.

So, what exactly are Bree's choices, here Gemma?

I'm baffled that some people still think that Gemma was contradicting herself with the "It's Not Your Decision" video or that she was telling Bree to do the ceremony... it was discussed in detail that "It's not your decision" at the beginning meant "It's not your decision to just say 'I don't want to do it'" (meaning that afterward the Order would just go "Oh, okay then. Let's go find somebody else") while "It's your decision" at the end meant "It's your decision to trust me or not." She was telling Bree "Stop acting like a naive little kid and get your ass in gear, girl. These people are psychos. Don't trust any of them."

If it wasn't obvious enough then, Bree's response to that video -- in which she basically says "Thanks for the warning, but I'm not concerned" -- made it perfectly clear that the video was a warning to Bree.

As for the theories about Gemma being part of the Order, let me quote the first part of something Beautiful Nightmare said, which puts things into proper perspective fairly well:

If you were a member of something, let's say, oh....The Order, and you were setting up some ceremony that happens once every 10-15 years-- You've found the perfect girl for the ceremony, and you spend months getting her ready; teaching her the things she needs to know to perform the ceremony, making sure she's getting her injections of whatever, holding her to her strict diet, etc etc etc

After going through all that, would you then send a girl that she kind of sort of knew in the past to tell her not to go through with the ceremony and that you and your religious order are dangerous? Look at everything Gemma's said, and especially what she said in this most recent video:

*"These people won't let you say no to doing the ceremony"
*"Start taking this more seriously"
*"The last girl who did this ceremony disappeared along with her family"

Unless the whole point of this is to test Bree's faith and/or willingness to think for herself, there'd be absolutely no reason for Gemma to be the Order's puppet. She's telling Bree not to trust them. She's telling her not to think that they'll let her decide if she does or doesn't want to do the ceremony. And she's telling her that they are quite possibly dangerous. If they really are all that she's suggested, then there's no way she's on their side, because she's giving Bree every reason not to listen to them. Her videos have been exactly the opposite of an endorsement.

Also, think about this from a writing perspective: why else have Bree act so naive about this whole thing even while Gemma's warning her unless it's leading up to Bree getting a major reality check in the form of the Order doing something really shady?

Like I said, the only way Gemma could be in with the Order is if they aren't really dangerous at all, and the whole point of this has just been to test her faith or independence. If it's not that, then suggesting that Gemma's part of the Order just means that you should let somebody else do the recruiting if you ever start up a dangerous, potentially evil religion.

thejyav wrote:

That being said: Gemma is really starting to grate on my nerves with her cryptic videos. Just SAY what you MEAN!

Well that wouldn't be much fun would it?
Plus we dont know the full exstent of this whole order. Gemma may be taking risks just posting as much as she does. coming right out and saying things may be a kiss of death for her.

I completely agree with this, by the way.

savannahbanana wrote:
Then why doesnt she just say, "it will be really hard to get out of. I dont think you understand how hard it will be." Like I said- way to cryptic and unhelpful for someone who is a friend.

There's what thejyav suggested: Gemma might be afraid to be completely straightforward with Bree.

Also, remember, this isn't real. It's a fictional story where things have to intentionally be drawn out. Things have never been very real-to-life in this show, especially the dialogue.

Last edited by Lurker on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldn't make for as interesting and drawn out story, now, would it? Wink
SharpI
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Kasdeja wrote:
That theory #2...I don't think we should discard that...it is toooooo interesting.

Totally agree. It struck me at the time that Gemma went out of her way not to mention the dog's name.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpI wrote:
Quote:

Kasdeja wrote:

Totally agree. It struck me at the time that Gemma went out of her way not to mention the dog's name.

she did mention the dogs name...
Sasha

i oticed the way she said "pictures on the wall"
I've been noticing more recently that the items on the wlls in all of the videos seem to draw the eye to them. Like a focal point in a p ainting.
Anyone else notice this? Or am I just going insane

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
creativebarbie
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Killthesmiley"][quote="SharpI"]Beautiful Nightmare wrote:
Quote:

Kasdeja wrote:

I love this idea. But I was thinking.. gemma said this happened when she was 8 so are we thinking she has/had an older sister? also by the time bree and gemma would have met to befriend the dog I would assume Gemma would have been older. PLUS why would she talk about the letters like that?
shirble
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, like Creative somewhat said, I think we should pay attention to the age emphasis. I seem to remember gemma explicitly saying that The other girl was around Bree's age, 10-15 years ago, and that Gemma herself was 8.

So that theory seems a bit off, to me. I like the sister idea, though. It'd seem slightly odd to me that everyone in this story happens to be an only child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: