Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DROP] 11-12-06 ITEMS RECOVERED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward, excellent...thank you very much.

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been trying to figure out why none of the rest of the drops are sticky-ed...

anyways, in contrary to what some of you guys are thinking, i think this drop is HUGE!
Once again loose ends are being tied up. Gemma started it with her "Learning Egyptian" video, now we are seeing that Tachyon/OpAphid's PM have exclusive access to the files that the creators have...

anyways...on what I think this drop is telling us...

I'm still a bit curious if this was meant for brother, or if this was meant to be found by us. It's very obvious that Op is watching her...are they watching us? dun dun dun... notice any lincon town cars at the drops (haha).
Anyways...It also seems to be telling us/broter how to handle ourselves...maybe even a message to bree and daniel (keep your car doors locked...and all the other the other car refrences from the book).

edit: just thought of soething...
I
waiting for...
M

l'm wondering if this is translating to "I am waiting for...daniel," or maybe "I am waiting for ... the watcher."

did anyone else think of this?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~

Last edited by Killthesmiley on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made one thread just recapping the photos. I urge others to make similarly formatted threads for each piece/connection.

Maybe Gemma knows warpylol?
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Scalare wrote:
Err.. we've been asking "Has this been updated on the forums?" all the time in the chat, and Ivé personally seen to it that a clue or something didn't arrive at the forum too late. Are you imagining things, or are you confused that not everything is there in a cookie-cutter format which you can read from beginning to the end? Smile

its not hard to join, and we won't shun you either.
we arn't all that.
we promise.

People are in different time zones, have different priorities, some cannot access IRC due to work/internet restrictions...it is just nice sometimes to follow the thought pattern on the forums. Thats all I am saying...no bad feelings. We are all in this together.

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
OKAY. Here's what we know and how we discovered it (as I understand it). I wasn't there for all the decoding, so if I get some details wrong, please tell me so (nicely?) and correct me here.

Lad and Luv recovered the following items from the drop: A postcard with a note on the back; another SD card; a book with a post-in note inside. Here we go...

The Postcard Clue:
57 41 49 54 49 4e 47 46 4f 52 2e 2e 2e
4d

This decoded to
I

WAITINGFOR...
M

We don't know anything about the meaning of this at this time.

The SD Card:

The Sd card contained a 17MB winrar file entitled
54 41 4B 45 20 57 41 52 4E 49 4E 47

which was in hex and decoded to
TAKE WARNING

which is the title of a song by a band called Operation Ivy.

The file was password protected. The password ended up being GPS, which you may remember from other puzzles. Inside the winrar file was a textfile entitled Grigori which contained the anagram

ACT TWO WHET HARSH ESCHEW

which anagrams to
WHO WATCHES THE WATCHERS

which is a famous Latin quote from Juvenal's Satires (original quote: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?).

The winrar file also contained five pictures (displayed elsewhere), all of which appear to be Daniel spying on the fake ceremony. Two of the pictures match the two pictures Daniel looks at on Lucy's computer in "Following the Helper," although the pics Daniel looks at may be cropped versions of the ones in the winrar file. The other three pictures are also of Daniel, but they appear nowhere in the "Following the Helper" video.

The file name Grigori appears to be a reference to the mythical Grigori, who are angels that disobeyed God's commands in Genesis by marrying mortal women. Their offspring were the Nephilim. More details are elsewhere.

This is all we know about the SD file at this time.

The Book:

The book was entitled "Nancy Drew's Guide to Life." Within it was a pink post-it note reading:

Quote:
My father gave me all of these when I was a little girl, but they got left behind when we moved. The knowledge has always served me well, so I thought this might teach you a thing or two.
XOXO,
T

Certain passages in the book were marked with various kinds of notation. Luv has kindly transcribed all of that here:
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2893&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

At this time, this is all we know about the book.

I hope this clears things up.

the quote is from PLato's Republic...

is that a different name for Republic?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
tiltingwindward wrote:
OKAY. Here's what we know and how we discovered it (as I understand it). I wasn't there for all the decoding, so if I get some details wrong, please tell me so (nicely?) and correct me here.

Lad and Luv recovered the following items from the drop: A postcard with a note on the back; another SD card; a book with a post-in note inside. Here we go...

The Postcard Clue:
57 41 49 54 49 4e 47 46 4f 52 2e 2e 2e
4d

This decoded to
I

WAITINGFOR...
M

We don't know anything about the meaning of this at this time.

The SD Card:

The Sd card contained a 17MB winrar file entitled
54 41 4B 45 20 57 41 52 4E 49 4E 47

which was in hex and decoded to
TAKE WARNING

which is the title of a song by a band called Operation Ivy.

The file was password protected. The password ended up being GPS, which you may remember from other puzzles. Inside the winrar file was a textfile entitled Grigori which contained the anagram

ACT TWO WHET HARSH ESCHEW

which anagrams to
WHO WATCHES THE WATCHERS

which is a famous Latin quote from Juvenal's Satires (original quote: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?).

The winrar file also contained five pictures (displayed elsewhere), all of which appear to be Daniel spying on the fake ceremony. Two of the pictures match the two pictures Daniel looks at on Lucy's computer in "Following the Helper," although the pics Daniel looks at may be cropped versions of the ones in the winrar file. The other three pictures are also of Daniel, but they appear nowhere in the "Following the Helper" video.

The file name Grigori appears to be a reference to the mythical Grigori, who are angels that disobeyed God's commands in Genesis by marrying mortal women. Their offspring were the Nephilim. More details are elsewhere.

This is all we know about the SD file at this time.

The Book:

The book was entitled "Nancy Drew's Guide to Life." Within it was a pink post-it note reading:

Quote:
My father gave me all of these when I was a little girl, but they got left behind when we moved. The knowledge has always served me well, so I thought this might teach you a thing or two.
XOXO,
T

Certain passages in the book were marked with various kinds of notation. Luv has kindly transcribed all of that here:
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2893&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

At this time, this is all we know about the book.

I hope this clears things up.

the quote is from PLato's Republic...

is that a different name for Republic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes%3F

So it appears you are both right.
jessiann
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this drop was not meant for "brother".
In her video "They are Watching", Tachyon's description states "...there are times when he [brother] isn't able to help, and that is when I call on my friends." What if Tacyon was asking that we re-evaluate which side we are on?
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The watchers quote is NOT from Plato's Republic. It is originally from Juvenal's Satires.

Edit: A similar quote does appear in Republic. But the quote is made famous in the phrase "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" by Juvenal in his Satires. So, yes, we're both right...ish.

The consensus in the chat (for the record) is that for whatever reason Tach did not expect Brother to retrieve this drop. This drop seems to be meant for us, or for some portion of us (Team Tachyon?)
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with the "Drop Area". Are the places in the video close to the drop area? i.e. Ocean Beach, Golden Gate Park, and something Garden

tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drop was in the Wilhemina Garden in Golden Gate Park, Jengels.
jessiann
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiltingwindward, I apologize for being so obvious. I am just wondering are some of the clues pointing to something else quite obvious, that Tachyon is asking which side we are on, and will we be on hers? Smile
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessiann wrote:
Tiltingwindward, I apologize for being so obvious. I am just wondering are some of the clues pointing to something else quite obvious, that Tachyon is asking which side we are on, and will we be on hers? Smile

No problem, jessiann. I just wanted to keep people updated on what the chat was thinking on that.
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you translate the Hex using escaped bytes, the T style format translates this way...

I WAITINGFOR...M

ForeverMourn
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but think we are over analyzing some things.

CuddleBunni Is My LG15 SoulMate. Smile

My YT Vids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quickapples wrote:
umm since the book says stuff about Morse code why dont you turn the book side ways and see if theres anything. and like a flip book?

I have tried this, and didn't notice anything unusual.

But if anyone has anymore suggestions, I welcome them.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: