Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-01 Beating Stalin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hagbard celine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike posted this in irc as the havefun decode:

Did I ever te yu that as a chid I aways wated t g t Diseyad I wud pester y parets but they oept sayig we cud't trave that far "because f y sister's bigatis" I hated her fr that I hated her s uchpI bet yu ow what that's iei fact I w yu d It oeeps yu awaoe at ight that ager that yu ca't et g fa because see dried it yur head a sese f iferiritypIt is't that the ther pers is better tha yu It's ted bratpBut yur situati is differet i ay ways∑it‚s ast the ppsite actuay Athugh fr what yu‚ve td e aturity was either f yur strg suits (s at east we have that i c) Sti I ow that hw it a payed ut eft a reay bad taste i yur uth that yu‚ prbaby carry arud fr the rest f yur aduthd (the sae way I hed t ie t the pit where it ast ruied what itte chidhd I cud cig t)pAd yes yu ca at eas se I wat t be absutey surepus there's ather pressig tas at had that eeds t be deat with ce ad fr apI d‚t wat t rui the surprise ad yu shud‚t get yur hpes up yet but I wi te yu this uch> We‚re t gig vacati ad e is gig t Diseyad but if what I suspect turs ut t be true weit da we prves that it‚s a sa wrd after a

Last edited by hagbard celine on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:44 pm; edited 7 times in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Johnny Mneumonic sticks in my head...but so does the description for the movie Dogstar.

Oy...my head.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pont Break Billiards in Anaheim?

Disneyland=Anaheim

Keanu=Point Break

Google gave me Point Break Billiards

Last edited by Lola on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eww@anaheim california.

for the love of bob i hope the drop isn't there.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Mike879> I think the movie may be Chain Reaction. In the trailer they say "Oh is that how you do it, backwards"

Chain Reaction (1996) starred Keanu. We had to read the code backwards. Nice work Mike!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Good job!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rar file:
http://www.acidfingers.com/hosted/unknown_code-12-01.txt

using hex we get:

a retfa drw as a s’ti taht sevrp ew ad tiew eurt eb t tu srut tcepsus I tahw fi tub dayesiD t gig si e  da itacav  gig t er’eW >hcu siht uy et iw I tub tey pu seph ruy teg t’duhs uy da esirprus eht iur t taw t’d Ipa rf da ec htiw taed eb t sdee taht dah ta sat gisserp rehta s'ereht superus yetusba eb t taw I esuaceb hcraeser er etti a d I ec syad wef a i ti tuba er uy et ’I ercs eht ettes ebya tsae yrev eht ta r dura giyrrac its era uy taht sgieef eseht f es evser t uy rf ytiutrpp a eb thgi ereht revewHp) seussi w y rf sredw sed yaer tu ti gitirw tub yhtapys ta ocus ya I( tuaf ruy yautca saw ti f t a esuaceb ti fesruy tg uy sse eht rf fesruy giab tuba retteb eef tsae ta ac uy sey dAp)t gic duc I dhdihc etti tahw deiur tsa ti erehw tip eht t ei t deh I yaw eas eht( dhtuda ruy f tser eht rf dura yrrac ybabrp ’uy taht htu ruy i etsat dab yaer a tfe tu deyap a ti wh taht wo I itS )c i taht evah ew tsae ta s( stius grts ruy f rehtie saw ytiruta e dt ev’uy tahw rf hguhtA yautca etispp eht tsa s’ti…syaw ya i tereffid si itautis ruy tuBptarb deips a ei tca tpecxe ti tuba gihtya d t giyrt eve t rf fesy eab sa I tub itautis taht gitaerc rf eab t epep reht era erehT yee eht reve saw retsis y taht deiaer I esuaceb tsap y f trap taht htiw ecaep ea e depeh tI evitcepsrep i sgiht tup e depeh yaer ocab eihwa htiw taed uy tahw giwpera yeht taht diarfa yhtaed er’uy da eb thgi yeht taht fesruy ecivc uy speh itautis eht taht s'tI uy aht retteb si srep reht eht taht t'si tIpytirirefi f eses a daeh ruy ti deird ees esuaceb af g te t'ac uy taht rega taht thgi ta eoawa uy speeo tI d uy w I tcaf iei s'taht tahw wo uy teb Iphcu s reh detah I taht rf reh detah I "sitagib s'retsis y f esuaceb" raf taht evart t'duc ew giyas tpeo yeht tub sterap y retsep duw I dayesiD t g t detaw syawa I dihc a sa taht uy et reve I diD

reversing this we get:

Did I ever te yu that as a chid I aways wated t g t Diseyad I wud pester y parets but they oept sayig we cud't trave that far "because f y sister's bigatis" I hated her fr that I hated her s uchpI bet yu ow what that's iei fact I w yu d It oeeps yu awaoe at ight that ager that yu ca't et g fa because see dried it yur head a sese f iferiritypIt is't that the ther pers is better tha yu It's that the situati heps yu cvice yursef that they ight be ad yu’re deathy afraid that they arepwig what yu deat with awhie baco reay heped e put thigs i perspective It heped e ae peace with that part f y past because I reaied that y sister was ever the eey There are ther pepe t bae fr creatig that situati but I as bae ysef fr t eve tryig t d aythig abut it except act ie a spied bratpBut yur situati is differet i ay ways…it’s ast the ppsite actuay Athugh fr what yu’ve td e aturity was either f yur strg suits (s at east we have that i c) Sti I ow that hw it a payed ut eft a reay bad taste i yur uth that yu’ prbaby carry arud fr the rest f yur aduthd (the sae way I hed t ie t the pit where it ast ruied what itte chidhd I cud cig t)pAd yes yu ca at east fee better abut baig yursef fr the ess yu gt yursef it because a t f it was actuay yur faut (I ay suco at sypathy but writig it ut reay des wders fr y w issues )pHwever there ight be a pprtuity fr yu t resve se f these feeigs that yu are sti carryig arud r at the very east aybe sette the scre I’ te yu re abut it i a few days ce I d a itte re research because I wat t be absutey surepus there's ather pressig tas at had that eeds t be deat with ce ad fr apI d’t wat t rui the surprise ad yu shud’t get yur hpes up yet but I wi te yu this uch> We’re t gig  vacati ad  e is gig t Diseyad but if what I suspect turs ut t be true weit da we prves that it’s a sa wrd after a

cleaned up a bit we get:

Did I ever tell you that as a child I always wanted to go to Disneyland?
I would pester my parents, but they kept saying we couldn't travel that far "because of my sister's oblitgations". I hated her for that. I hated her so much.

I bet you know what that's like, in fact, I know you do. It keeps you awake at night, that anger that you can't let go of. All because someone drilled into your head a sense of inferiority. It isn't that the other person is better than you. It's that the situation helps you convince yourself that they might be, and you're deathly afraid that they are.

Knowing what you dealt with awhile back really helped me put things in perspective. It helped me make peace with that part of my past, because I realized that my sister was never the enemy. There are other people to blame for creating that situation, but I also blame myself for not even trying to do anything about it except act like a spoiled brat.

But your situation is different in many ways... it's almost the opposite actually. Although from what you've told me, maturity was neither of your strong suits (so at least we have that in common). Still I know that how it all played out left a really bad taste in your mouth that you'll probably carry around for the rest of your adulthood (the same way I held onto mine to the point where it almost ruined what little childhood I could cling to). And yes, you can at least feel better about blaming yourself for the mess you got yourself into because a lot of it was actually your fault. (I may suck at sympathy, but writing it out really does wonders for my own issues lol).

However, there might be an opportunity for you to resolve some of these feelings that you are still carrying around, or at the very least settle the score. I'll tell you more about it in a few days, once I do a little more research, because I want to be absolutely sure, plus there's another pressing task at hand that needs to be dealt with, once and for all.

I don't want to ruin the surprise, and you shouldn't get your hopes up yet, but I will tell you this much> We're not going on vacation, and no one is going to Disneyland, but if what I suspect turns out to be true, well.. it damn well proves that it's a small world after all.

-----------
This was a great team effort in #operationaphid!

Last edited by sphinx on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
shifty
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, sphinx!
hagbard celine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go sphinx!!

Razz Razz Razz
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add that the letters that weren't decoded in hex were
K L M N and O.
wstabeo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:

K L M N O

Chain Reaction
1652 W Lincoln Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801

It sure ain't Disneyland.
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an offical "OPDATE" to OpAphid with all the information so far, here, including the Chain Reaction address.

Now we need to find out:

1. What does the note (encrypted file) mean?
(See Sphinx above post, thank you Sphinx!!!)

2. Why the constant John Cusak references (IE: Better off Dead, in T's profile).

3. What's the significance of the Chain Reaction address? Is it the local of the next drop? And is this the correct movie? It could be Johnny Pneumonic or Point Break.

4. We have found out that the Hex Code was a Key/directions on what to do with the message, but we don't know what exactly it meant, except it told us it was a "love letter" that needed to be hexed twice to read. We still don't know the significane of "20,000 miles" or Base 36/34".
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights

Last edited by FallingIntoSin on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that both drop possibilities are in Anaheim...

surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cassandra hughes
poly[amorous] sub[missive]? [u wish!]
u may b [roughly] 32186 kilometers away butt eye can c ya
turn it out go _ 36 34
SuperBoy fitty fo'

You may be 20,000 miles away (32,186 km) but i can see ya is NSync lyrics

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nsync/digitalgetdown.html

I only know that because of Google! I swear!
wstabeo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
It's interesting that both drop possibilities are in Anaheim...

POint Break was 1991, though...not really mid-90's. When I saw the KLMNO thing (a chain of letters)...and saw the Chain Reaction was from 1996...it clicked.

ALSO, according to imdb, the working title for Chain Reaction was Dead Drop

And there WAS an actor with the last name of Cusack in that movie...Dick Cusack....yes, father to John Cusack.

surrealisticpill wrote:
cassandra hughes
poly[amorous] sub[missive]? [u wish!]
u may b [roughly] 32186 kilometers away butt eye can c ya
turn it out go _ 36 34
SuperBoy fitty fo'

You may be 20,000 miles away (32,186 km) but i can see ya is NSync lyrics

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nsync/digitalgetdown.html

I only know that because of Google! I swear!

Chain Reaction in Anahein is a CONCERT VENUE, an all-ages music club.

But, hey....I totally suck at solving stuff like this.

Last edited by wstabeo on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: