Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0175 - "Running For Life" [04/17/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
Okay, point taken.

LOL! Okay, that was too easy. I guess I am used to trying to explain my views to people on the board that just can't concede anyone else might have a point, cuz I was all winding up to have to argue this one.

Hee! Sorry to disappoint you. Wink

silvermoon wrote:
I think I love you. Laughing Wink

Back atcha, sweetie.
houstongrl72
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New here..long time lurker. Off topic question, but I have seen this a bunch of times and cannot figure out what TAAG stands for. Anyone?
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teen Angst Adventure Gang

Tachyon is the one who coined the phrase.

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielbeast is a riot when he's drunk-- would be cool to party with! He'd be a lot of fun. Well except for the whole downward spiral towards self-destruction through binge drinking thing.
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me wonder how Daniel's parents would feel if they knew their son was an alcoholic (and if they knew all the shit he's been through).

d'oh!
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of my mate Stu. He's the best guy ever until he's had too many.

And he always does Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelseyrl wrote:
This makes me wonder how Daniel's parents would feel if they knew their son was an alcoholic (and if they knew all the shit he's been through).

Considering they both have drinking problems, they'd probably bust out a bottle and offer him a drink. Sad
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's so sad.

d'oh!
gjtko2007
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelseyrl wrote:
This makes me wonder how Daniel's parents would feel if they knew their son was an alcoholic... it's so sad.

Aye. Daniel needs to stop drinking, and now! Mad He is not helpful to anyone just laying in bed and drinking himself into oblivion. With the sombrero in Mexico is funny, but this isn't funny at all! (Makes me wonder how much the Order did to his self-image...)

I'm kinda surprised Bree isn't there yelling at Daniel to get his backside outta bed and do something useful, like maybe standing guard? Question Smile

I like Jonas and his honesty, but filming outside = liability, and why isn't Jonas restricting what money DB gets? If I was in Jonas's position, I wouldn't give him anything and have Bree (maybe accompanied by Jonas) do all the shopping, then wait until Daniel runs out of "liquid lunches" and gets down on his hands and knees begging for some actual food to eat. Razz Laughing Bree may not completely approve, but it would sure do a lot to help the situation. Smile
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjtko2007 wrote:
why isn't Jonas restricting what money DB gets? If I was in Jonas's position, I wouldn't give him anything and have Bree (maybe accompanied by Jonas) do all the shopping, then wait until Daniel runs out of "liquid lunches" and gets down on his hands and knees begging for some actual food to eat. Razz Laughing Bree may not completely approve, but it would sure do a lot to help the situation. Smile

(quote shortened for length)

I agree! And since Bree formally tied Jonas to a chair...well, somehow I doubt she'd have a problem with this plan! Wink
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The thing is, is that you can't--you can't choose what life throws at you. You can only choose h--how you react to the things that are happening to you...

This from the lips of the most gorgeous creature to have graced LG15 (sry, Dan).

*sigh*

gorgeous AND philosophical! BRILLIANT!!!

~tigerlilylynn
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Misty wrote:
Bree just finished saying in her forum, that they are taking precautions, and not videoing outside. So what does Jonas do? Videos outside. Shocked
I didn't read Bree's comment, but my very first reaction to seeing Jonas filming the surrounding area was "Dumbass. Why don't you just post a map with an arrow on it, saying 'Bunker here'?"
Hippie wrote:
I know daniel is drinking too much, but please, lets not turn this into an intervention, AA session, if you want him to stop drinking just cut it from the story line! Hell youve changed better parts of the story without an explination, we dont care why on this subject, well I for one dont!
Well, I, for one, do.
Although this series has a lot of action elements (and I mean a lot), nonetheless it's largely character-driven.
In the past, DB has been the one who has kept going, even when Bree was withdrawing into denial and childish or bitchy behavior.
Now he's exhibiting signs of serious depression (BTW, for those who think he's being "lazy," the sleeping-all-day, reading-comics-all-night behavior is not laziness, it's major depression). I would lay odds that the Creators are setting us up for some major development involving DB. Maybe the DannyB character will be triggered. More likely, he'll do something really stupid that will have serious repercussions.
wh_pirate wrote:
I like how Jonas was stating how he is faking his happiness. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one who does that. Laughing
Glad you mentioned this, pirate. I think that the Creators are underscoring the significant differences between Jonas's and DB's approaches to life in general and this difficult situation in particular. The "fake it till you make it" recommendation is central to the philosophy of AA and other 12-step programs, and it seems to work for a lot of people -- it certainly does seem to work for Jonas. I predict that Jonas will end up saving the day in whatever situation DB will cause soon. (And my prediction will probably be as accurate as the predictions of Jeane Dixon and other media astrologers.) Rolling Eyes
wh_pirate wrote:
I hope this "run" is gonna help Daniel remember what life is like not having to depend on the bottle.
I didn't think Jonas succeeded in dragging DB out of bed -- I got the sense that Jonas was alone on the run. But maybe DB was supposed to be the one with the camera. If so, he should have said something.
Sappho wrote:
Wisi Girl, I have Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism. I can't tell if you just have a strange sense of humor, or if you are trying to test the limits here. It's OK for people to disagree about things. I can't tell if you are insulting my taste or not, because I have autism. I'm going to assume that you are not. Please be more clear in the future, as a kindness to me and any other Aspies here.
Sappho, thanks for letting us know about your Asperger's. I want to let you know that it isn't just the fact that you're an Aspie (if I can use the term even though I don't have the syndrome) that makes it difficult to know whether someone on the forum is making a joke or being insulting. That's one of the inherent difficulties with Internet communication -- we don't have tone of voice or body language to help us interpret what the other person is saying.
As far as I know I don't have Asperger's, but I also have trouble interpreting whether forumites are joking or not -- yesterday it seemed like I misinterpreted the intentions behind just about every post I read, and kept putting my foot in my mouth (metaphorically) as a result. So you aren't alone.
Languorous Lass, Marry me.
Sappho wrote:
It occurs to me, listening to Jonas, that in the video where he expressed remorse over the gun, that he is now more than ever with Daniel and Bree. They tied him up and interrogated him in his own home--pretty bad. He waved a gun at them--even worse. He now realizes that you can do crazy things when the Order is after you and your own family betrays you.

Jonas's whole reality has shifted, just as Bree's has. Daniel has been hurt and betrayed by a woman for the first time. Alex letting him down goes along with his parents letting him down through their alcoholism and neglect. Bree and Jonas had loving families, while Daniel had major dysfunction and neglect. It only makes sense that Daniel would be the one to fall apart when they finally get to safety.
Sappho, marry me too. We can all move to Utah and when I kick the bucket you two can split all my worldly goods!

Last edited by mincartaugh on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I come from 'pissed' means drunk so I'm getting confuzzled here hehe!

I think maybe it shows how close they are becoming and how Jonas really wants to help the silly beast Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In America pissed means angry.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
In America pissed means angry.

hehe I get that, but sometimes I have to read things twice to make them make sense in my head.

..I'm not all that bright Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: