Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Zipp's identity - might have to help me on this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
Mr. Zipp free association...

Skipper Zipp (from the Dr. Seuss book)

zip = speedy movement, perhaps in a cartoon

~tb
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean wrote:
QtheC wrote:
Mr. Zipp free association...

Skipper Zipp (from the Dr. Seuss book)

zip = speedy movement, perhaps in a cartoon

~tb

*sorry tachyon reference here..*

which also could co-exist with the fact that Tachyon was named so as a codename since she moved around very fast like the speed of light

-a hypothetical particle that travels faster than the speed of light.

zipp could be his ''codename'' meaning that he can't be caught due to the fact that he's never in one place due to traveling?

I don't know where I'm going with this, but I hope it helps any

god, I hate myself for missing out on this ARG when it started... *kicks self* goes to hide under a rock
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterG wrote:
zipp could be his ''codename'' meaning that he can't be caught due to the fact that he's never in one place due to traveling?

Well... All of those drops had to be placed in "random" parts of the country for a reason... an IG reason, that is... perhaps "Zipp" was traveling... and if so, he had to do it quickly ot hit all of those places in a short amount of time...

(if this is the case... who left the pigeon notes and the note on the door knob...?)

Hmmm... OKay, guys... here's a new thought. NYC & Boston are both located along major waterways... Skipper Zipp is a sailor... perhaps he traveled by Boat to these places... that leaves one more drop location: Kansas City, MO. Obviouslly KC isn't on the coats like the other two were, but I know there are some major rivers that run from MO to the Gulf... do any of those waterways run near Kansas City??
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we've been going at this from the wrong angle? "Father" can be used in other ways. It becomes more problematic with Zipp's use of the phrase "my child" in the email, as it is most often used to refer to one's biological or adopted children. That said, even child could be viewed in different lights depending on the context. Victor Frankenstein could be said to have created a "child" of a sorts. Perhaps Zipp created something that was now in danger?

We need to be as open as possible to solve these puzzles. Taking them literally has gotten us nowhere, so maybe it's time we start thinking symbolically.
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean wrote:
Hmmm... OKay, guys... here's a new thought. NYC & Boston are both located along major waterways... Skipper Zipp is a sailor... perhaps he traveled by Boat to these places... that leaves one more drop location: Kansas City, MO. Obviouslly KC isn't on the coats like the other two were, but I know there are some major rivers that run from MO to the Gulf... do any of those waterways run near Kansas City??

One more thing to add... There is a city called "Zipp" (formerly Zippville) in Texas. It is located on U.S. 90 and the Guadalupe River.

Info: http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/ZZ/hlz4_print.html

According to Mapquest it is SW of Nacogdoches... making it due west of Houston and just east San Antonio. Approx 4-5 hours drive from Nacogdoches to Zipp.

Mapquest: www.tinyurl.com/2bs7cx

Last edited by TheeBerean on Mon May 14, 2007 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay, I swear... last post before I finally go change the oil in my Jeep. (That vehicle in the drawing above is deifnitely a Jeep, btw)

FYI, Mapquest also shows a pigeon creek that flows through Zipp, Indiana... the creek connects to a major river flowing through several states (including MO)... but I can't find the name of the river listed...

~tb
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am a worried parent with certain people watching my every move who impose severe restrictions on my interactions with my only child.

Calling a work a child or baby is different then calling yourself a parent. If you are a writer you refer to yourself as a writer no mater how many babies you created.

X
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm pigeons...zipp, Indiana? interesting to say the least

Indiana Rivers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indiana_rivers

Pigeon River (aka Pigeon Creek)
http://www.pcgreenway.org/route.html

Pigeon River (aka Pigeon Creek) resides in the OH River
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_River

if you notice Ohio river connects to the Mississippi River
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_River

Mississippi River continues onto connect to the Missouri River which in turn travel thru to Fort Peck in Montana (MO)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_River
HoOBS
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:
Perhaps we've been going at this from the wrong angle? "Father" can be used in other ways...

We need to be as open as possible to solve these puzzles. Taking them literally has gotten us nowhere, so maybe it's time we start thinking symbolically.

Did anyone mention the religious use of the term "Father" instead of the scientific use?
HoOBS
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterG wrote:
Esteed wrote:
Perhaps we've been going at this from the wrong angle? "Father" can be used in other ways...

Did anyone mention the religious use of the term "Father" instead of the scientific use?

I haven't seen anyone mention that.
But Zipp did call himself a worried parent, so that may be why we interpreted father that way.
PhiaMonster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot seems to link to WWII. Pigeons were used in WWII, Dr. Seuss was in WWII, and Skipper is also U.S. Navy slang, it is a term used in reference to the Commanding officer of any Ship, Unit, Platoon, or Detachment regardless of rank. It is generally only applied to someone who has earned the speaker's respect. Maybe this has to do with some type or war. Reminds me of Maddy's "War Nook" video
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to find out who Zipp is maybe we should reread his email:

Quote:
Dear Maddison,

In advance I offer you my apologies. We were intended to never meet. However, current developments have left me with no other option but to blindside you in this manor, and for that I am truly sorry. There is no reason for you to trust me or to help me, and after some explanation, you will most likely have no desire to do either.

Introductions are probably appropriate. I am a worried parent with certain people watching my every move who impose severe restrictions on my interactions with my only child. This will probably seem unusual from your perspective, but unfortunately, that is all I can offer. If you wish, you can discover more information, but the picture will never be fully complete. Our relationship will always be based on a certain level of faith.

The powers that be will soon track down this transmission and eliminate both the sender and the recipient. For you to dismiss the gravity of this information could bring horrific results. There are actions you can take to ensure some level of safety. This may seem like strange advise, but you need to immerse yourself in some specific online exposure. The organization I mentioned before, could not afford to interfere with an individual who experiences a certain level of exposure. Simply put, as an unknown, you are easy prey.

I have set up some accounts for you, and all the information for these accounts is included here. For your sake and mine, immerse yourself. Let them know who you are. Nothing I share with you should be kept private. It is important for the community at large to see and examine all messages from me. You will need their help, for my messages will be encoded to confuse the enemy. Even now it is likely you need their help.

You have no more than 15 days before this specific transmission is discovered, traced to me, and tracked to you. It is only the vast size of the organization that allows us such a luxury. Hopefully you can garner the attention necessary for them to see that you cannot be harmed and that you are, indeed, not a threat, but rather an instrument within a larger context. If you are willing, you can be my microphone and save my child's life. In the mean time, I need you to make some new friends. I wish you success.

For the sake of my child,
Mr. Zipp

There are a couple curious things I found.

Quote:
We were intended to never meet.

Who intended them to never meet, or is he talking about fate. I personally doubt fate, instead I feel it solidifies the fact that Zipp knew Maddison yet Maddison was oblivious of Zipp.

Quote:
If you wish, you can discover more information, but the picture will never be fully complete.

The information is there in the pages.

A number of times Zipp tells Maddison to be safe she needs more exposure. I wish I would have read this a couple of times more.

X
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this also stands out to me
"I am a worried parent with certain people watching my every move who impose severe restrictions on my interactions with my only child. "

so Zipp has some interaction with whomever his child is
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I hadn't thought of it like that. I feel like it's close, but I still just can't put my finger on Zipp's identity.
janejane26
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:

Quote:
We were intended to never meet.

Who intended them to never meet, or is he talking about fate. I personally doubt fate, instead I feel it solidifies the fact that Zipp knew Maddison yet Maddison was oblivious of Zipp.

I agree. From the letter it seems like Maddison and Zipp had never met before and were never supposed to meet, but Zipp decided it was necessary for him to contact Maddison, even though in doing so she would be put in danger.

I don't really have any facts to prove it, but I think that Mr. Zipp is Maddison's father. Probably not the father she knew and grew up with.

An argument against this would be the part of the letter where Zipp states that there are severe restrictions on his interations with his only child. This could mean that he has met his child but can't see him/her often, or that the restrictions were so severe that they could never interact (which could be the situation if Maddison was Mr. Zipp's child).

When I started thinking along the line of Maddison being Mr. Zipp's child, this part of the letter stood out:

Quote:
If you are willing, you can be my microphone and save my child's life.

If Maddison was his child, then she would be saving her own life by being Zipp's microphone.

One thing that doesn't make sense, though - Maddison didn't appear to be in any sort of trouble before Zipp came into her life, so there would be no reason for Zipp to be worried about her unless he knew of something that was going to happen to Maddison that she did not know about.

Whoever Zipp was, it appears he was willing to place his life in the hands of Maddison, because in his letter he said that both the sender and recipient of the letter would be eliminated unless she gained a certain level of exposure. He must have thought Maddison was the only person he could turn to that could help him.

As far as why Zipp wouldn't have straight out said that he was Maddison's father, I don't know. He may have thought it would freak Maddison out... or he didn't want to reveal it straight out in a letter because for most of the time he communicated with Maddison, he spoke in code.

There were acouple other people who posted in this topic that had brought up this option; just wanted to add my thoughts to it. Sorry if I'm just repeating the same stuff. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: