Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Puzzle] The Message: What is being asked of us? 10/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everything that OpAphid says is actually a quote from someone else. There doesn't seem to be any connection between the quoted people, or the kinds of works the quotes come from. I think the prevelance of quotes has to be significant, if only because we should know what parts of the messages are quotes and what parts are OpAphid speaking directly.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
Ok, so I've been thinking and I messaged OpAphid saying that I know it's a little early but is the P in APHID Plan, or Prepare. She sent back surprisingly quick with this message. Just thought I'd share it.

Neither.

The worthy shall demonstrate the P in APHID, if they understand our message

hmm p = prophecy?

kinda came to mind during that 2nd line of "the worthy shall demonstrate the P in APHID.

Cu_Roi wrote:
Op has this posted on her profile:
Quote:
Find instruction within the message. Only then will you be prepared.

She's telling us that our next instructions are hidden in the Voicemail message. So lets take a look at that.

Quote:

Well done, but remember:

Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem. [Henry Kissinger]

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong. [Voltaire]

Mistakes are the portals to discovery. [James Joyce]

Alas, never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake. [Napoleon]

It is possible to fail in many ways, while to succeed is possible only in one way. [Aristotle]

Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time. [Arnold H. Glasgow]

A story is told as much by silence as by speech. [Susan Griffin]

Except in this case.

And then wait for further instruction.

I've formated it this way to make it easier to see the different types of information.

We've confirmed that every thing in bold is a quote with the author in brackets. What is drawing my attention is that last part "And then wait for further instruction".

Op is very careful with her diction. "And then"...is totally out of place gramatically. It implies that there are previous instructions in the text before it. We need to focus on everything before that line and see what Op has tried to impart to us. That is where progress will be made. Not in debating the meaning of the quotes, but in decoding the quotes.

This is the data we need to analyze.

I'm just not sure if I'm smart enough to do it myself. Wink

sorry I have to risk the lynching and ask this Razz

"Except in this case."

anagram?
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
gtrichar
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet: at least 4 out of the 5 clips of reversed audio at the end of the videos consist of quotes.

Hypocrisy, the lie, is the true sister of evil, intolerance, and cruelty.
- Raisa Gorbachev

Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.
- YEHUDA BAUER

The Neutral are the only ones to side with evil
[I haven't been able to locate this one yet. The closest I have is Paulo Freire: "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral."]

It is a sin to believe evil of others, but it is seldom a mistake.
- H. L. Mencken

I believe that ignorance is the root of all evil. And that no one knows the truth.
- Molly Ivins
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
hey i dont know if this helps, but the sleep thing is also a quote:

Sleep is a reward for some, a punishment for others. For all, it is a sanction.
Isidore Ducasse Lautreamont

maybe there is some info related to this Isidore person

so i've been watching. and i'm new. but i've read almost all of the posts made and thought i'd finally contribute as i find OpAphid extremely interesting.

Isidore Ducasse Lautreamont was a writer, also known as Comte de Latureamont. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comte_de_Lautreamont his famous work was about "a figure of unrelenting evil who has forsaken God and mankind. The book combines an obscene and violent narrative with vivid and often surrealistic imagery."

not too sure what connection this may have yet, but i'll keep searching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtrichar wrote:
The Neutral are the only ones to side with evil
[I haven't been able to locate this one yet. The closest I have is Paulo Freire: "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral."]

every time i try googling different combinations of the words, i always seem to get an outrageous number of D&D web pages. i just find it funny i guess. but i'm still trying to figure that one out too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PiIsYourFfriend
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is off topic, but is your name a harry potter referance?

also, D&D is the sort of game that people INSTIST on using obscure quotes in. even if the quote has nothing to do with the campain, the DM will still use it in some way. i don't understand why.
Mordrack
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiIsYourFfriend wrote:
also, D&D is the sort of game that people INSTIST on using obscure quotes in. even if the quote has nothing to do with the campain, the DM will still use it in some way. i don't understand why.

I think it's because "the", "are", "only", "ones", "to", "side" and "with" are pretty regular words which you can find on nearly every HP and "neutral" and "evil" are alignments in D&D...
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we are supposed to focus on the Cassie Does Not RIP video. This is the one where the "A" in OpAphid is stressed at the end (it is also the A in Aphid video). The description for this one was the only one the change last night to

"Perhaps Rambam and Abenezra were right...

...but what if Baudelaire was correct instead"

In Cassie Does Not RIP, at about 23 sec. some big letters scroll across the screen, but then they get kind of blacked out. Then at 26 or 27 sec., more letters flash by - these look like IN CT IM AR ME to me. Does anyone else see this?
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiIsYourFfriend wrote:
this is off topic, but is your name a harry potter referance?

of course it is! Very Happy
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gtrichar,

You are the person that figured out the purity in order first weren't you? But you said you were sworn to secrecy. How did that happen? Did you actually talk to opaphid or was the secrecy part through email or a PM?

I'm asking because I'm wondering about the silence (but not in this case) in the message and the "Attention leads to invocation" quote on the video. Could we need to actually speak a word somewhere?
Briphelia
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up this morning with a big "DUH!" I picked up the phone, got the message, and ran over here to get to work.

Here's what I'm thinking right now...

Maybe the quotes from the message should go in chronological order to give us another clue. I was trying to figure out who Arnold H. Glasgow is and came across the full quote from which OpAphid borrows:

Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.”

Also, A in Aphid might refer to starting things at the beginning, as well as to Aristotle. However, I still can't find any biographical info on Glasgow, so my current chronological order doesn't include him...

It is possible to fail in many ways, while to succeed is possible only in one way.
[Aristotle]

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
[Voltaire]

Alas, never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake.
[Napoleon]

Mistakes are the portals to discovery.
[James Joyce]

Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem. [Henry Kissinger]

A story is told as much by silence as by speech.
[Susan Griffin]

Except in this case.

This last bit Except in this case might refer to the fact that Griffin's quote is the only quote in order in the original.

But I'm not sure what this might mean... thoughts? Am I way off base?
acidfingers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been juggling two different ideas as of late:

first of all, the voicemail...
Quote:
Well done, but remember,
each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem.
It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
It is possible to fail in many ways, while to succeed is possible only in one way.
Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.
Except in this case.
And then wait for further instructions

One of my ideas is that this whole message (aside from the "well done, but remember" and "and then wait for further instructions") is all stegotext. I think this has a hidden message in it, and we must use some form of steganography to extract it. I'm not sure exactly what method we should use, but I did find this while looking up different steganography methods:

Quote:
One of Trithemius' schemes was to conceal messages in long invocations of the names of angels, with the secret message appearing as a pattern of letters within the words. For example, as every other letter in every other word:

padiel aporsy mesarpon omeuas peludyn malpreaxo

which reveals "prymus apex."

the word "invocation" really set me off, considering the video description for the Cassie Does Not R.I.P. (Rest in Peace) video:

Quote:
2/5: Attention leads to invocation.

I'd like to see various methods of steganography employed, and see if anyone comes up with something.

-------------------------------------------

My second idea was found when looking at opaphid's youtube profile. It says this in her full profile:

Quote:
I am reminded of this writing in one of our historical texts, by the Roman philosopher Nomanyuos. I attempted to verify the translation on the internet, but unfortunately he remains a victim of harsh damnatio memoriae for his ideas and philosophies that did not bode well with members of certain sects. This less controversial musing regards the Roman Forum and its importance in his time:

----

"Were it not for the forum, there would be no discourse amongst the people.

Were it not for this discourse, there would be no clear vision.

Were it not for clear vision, the hard work of our politicians, citizens, slaves—not even our armies could ever bring any guidance toward the right path.

But if not for the hard work behind clear vision arrived at through discourse, the forum itself could never have been built."

-----

Historically it is important to note, however, that most Emperors and politicians enjoyed their greatest triumphs when the forums remained largely unaware of their actions, and did not inquire about their intentions. But Nomanyuos, like most philosophers, had virtually no wealth, power or influence. Would you find it coincidental that history is full of "populists" with similar views?

This really applies to what was said in the voicemail, so I think it is valid to look more into it. I've found that the name Nomanyuos doesn't exist, and is actually an anagram for Anonymous. I tried to search for whoever the author was, but couldn't find anything yet. Maybe if we can find who wrote this, and get some more information there.
Antissa Pompeii
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briphelia wrote:
I woke up this morning with a big "DUH!" I picked up the phone, got the message, and ran over here to get to work.

Here's what I'm thinking right now...

Maybe the quotes from the message should go in chronological order to give us another clue. I was trying to figure out who Arnold H. Glasgow is and came across the full quote from which OpAphid borrows:

Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.”

Also, A in Aphid might refer to starting things at the beginning, as well as to Aristotle. However, I still can't find any biographical info on Glasgow, so my current chronological order doesn't include him...

[Aristotle]

[Voltaire]

[Napoleon]

[James Joyce]

[Susan Griffin]

Except in this case.

This last bit Except in this case might refer to the fact that Griffin's quote is the only quote in order in the original.

But I'm not sure what this might mean... thoughts? Am I way off base?

I tried it in that order too, but I just let it slide. Now that I think about it, though, maybe it's right. Especially with the two "mistake" parts.

Quote:
[Napoleon]

[James Joyce]

Maybe she's trying to tell us that she WANTS the enemies to make mistakes, and then to discover, so they can realize what is:
a)going on
or
b)realize what a threat she is.

Maybe? I dunno. I just woke up. My brain has hardly settled.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acidfingers wrote:

I'd like to see various methods of steganography employed, and see if anyone comes up with something.

I woke up this morning with an idea that there was some hidden message in the text because of the line in OpAphids profile that says, "Find instruction within the message." The word "within" sort of stood out to me. But I had no idea where to go with that idea. I love your idea about the stegenography. I will read up on it and try some different techniques if I can.

I do however think, if this is really the way to get the hidden message, that there has to be a hint somewhere about how to read it that we're just not seeing.
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, steganography looks cool and seems to fit in nicely with analyze. I'm going to look somemore.

I like the idea of knitting in code. Perhaps I'll send Opaphid a scarf.

Hmm, just realized that the "Alas" in "Alas, never interrupt an enemy.." quote is not part of the original quote. It seems to have been put there for a reason. Perhaps it is just the first letters in the quotes somehow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: