Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gemmers19 "It's not your decision" [10/26/2006]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I've only been reading in the forum up until now, but I wanted to say something this time before The Creators felt obligated to run with the story in a wild, unimplied direction just because a bunch of people drew some strange conclusions.

Everything that dawnbb said is correct, and obvious. Gemma didn't imply jealousy with the part about not being chosen for the ceremony. Look at exactly what she said: "They are in charge. To be honest, it hasn't been easy for me to be here. Even though I wasn't picked for the ceremony like you were, it's been difficult for me to be independent." She's emphasizing that these people are controlling and aren't going to let Bree just say "I don't want to do it" and leave it at that.

The "I don't think you're taking this seriously enough" is in response to Bree thinking that it's even possible to just say "I don't want to do this" and that be it. She's saying "It's not your decision to make" because they will probably tell her she has to do it. The point she's trying to make is that they're controlling, even for those people like her who weren't picked for the really special things. That means that for someone chosen for this really important ceremony (Bree), they'll probably be even worse. I think Gemma's trying to tell Bree that if she's going to avoid being in the ceremony, she's going to have to start taking things more seriously in the sense that these people can't be reasoned with like normal people and aren't interested in what she wants.

And like dawnbb said, the "It's your decision" part at the end was about trusting her: "Look, I understand it's hard to know who to trust. I know that. It's your decision. I just hope you'll listen to some of the things I'm saying."

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I hope that our posts help get things on track.

I totally agree with you
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeNotYou wrote:

I for one think that the "it's not your decision" in the beginning and the "it's your decision" at the end aren't too important.

I find it intresting that alot of people are saying this. considering this board has tried to find meaning in everything in every video from where owen is placed in her room to the great light switch debate, why are people thinking that the last words out of her mouth contradict the first words out of her mouth are irrelevant ?
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeNotYou wrote:
HyeMew wrote:
she's the Dick Sargent of Lonelygirl UGHH!

HA!

Dick York was WAY better!

Wait a minute, Dick Sargent - Dick York: Sargent (Sergeant) York, now way!
(Wayne's World, anyone?)

dang you beat me too it?
generalization
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read everything yet but I just have to *SQUEEEE* I checked the forum first and saw that there was a "Hello Gemma" video and another Gemma video so I quickly went to the main site and I was nearly jumping for joy.

But yeah... I got really confused at the end when all through the video she was saying that it's not her decision but then at the end she says it is her decision.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people are being overly critical of Gemma's character. Some complain that she is a bitch, that she is jealous of Bree, that she's no fun and very different from Bree

But that's the point. imagine if Gemma was just like Bree: quirky, cute, innocent, immature. Then it would'nt be interesting because that would be like having 2 Brees at the same time (And then everyone would whine about Gemma being to similar to bree) Having a Character or "antihero" somewhat different to the "Hero" is always an enriching addition to a story.

Gemma is much more mature and experienced than Bree. Bree even looks up to her (I believe she said she wished she could be independent like her) making their relationship something more interesting that just friendship.

So give Gemma a chance and at least wait for more videos before you attack her.

Last edited by Inigo on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:

I for one think that the "it's not your decision" in the beginning and the "it's your decision" at the end aren't too important.

I find it intresting that alot of people are saying this. considering this board has tried to find meaning in everything in every video from where owen is placed in her room to the great light switch debate, why are people thinking that the last words out of her mouth contradict the first words out of her mouth are irrelevant ?

But this isn't CiW...things aren't and haven't been nearly as cryptic in Bree's videos. Plus, I think there have been very rational explanations for the supposed contradiciton.
Holden
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a poor job at writing. The subtext shouldn't be so confusing that it's misintrepreted.

She says that she had misgivings and wasn't allowed to show interest in a boy and this led her to become "independent." That would suggest in some way she broke free. Whether she still practices or not it's established that you can break free and become independent.

She also says that she wasn't "chosen." This would seem to suggest that Bree is now of special interest to the group and that becoming independent won't be so easy.

I think becoming independent, whatever that really means is probably the only way this can end for Bree. I think Gemma is basically mentally preparing her for the mountain she is thinking about climbing. I also think she'll coach her through it.
toomuchtime
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that the "dog" mention shows up twice here.

Gemma had a dog that Bree loved; Bree's mom feels that those who don't allow for individual thoughts/ actions should be "put down like dogs."

Could be nothing. But it could also be a hint that everything Bree loves will be destroyed.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:
Lurker wrote:
[my last post]

I totally agree with you

Cool. Hopefully we can stop any misunderstandings before they grow and have to be put in the storyline.

thejyav wrote:
Could they be using her. "Oh I'm not with them any more, im your friend...i just want to say hi and that i think its great your doing the ceremony. what your not doing it? no no you totaly should."

She didn't tell her that she should take part in the ceremony. If anything, she's warning her that these people are dangerous (see a few of the posts on page 5). She was telling her that it's not her decision because "They are in control" and they aren't going to let her quit.

thejyav wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:

She wasn't contradicting herself. She was talking about two completely different things. "It's not your decision" was about the ceremony (because the cult is controlling and won't accept what she wants to do). "It's your decision" was about trusting Gemma's warning. The writers or actress (whichever) responsible maybe should have used something other than "It's your decision" there at the end. Maybe "It's up to you if you want to trust me, but I just hope you'll listen to some of the things I'm saying."

Last edited by Lurker on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I may be being over critical of Gemma, but I just do not like the vibe for this video at all...it was off. Maybe she'll prove me wrong.
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

But this isn't CiW...things aren't and haven't been nearly as cryptic in Bree's videos. Plus, I think there have been very rational explanations for the supposed contradiciton.

I'm not asking for CIW depth of disection, I think people have gone pretty far out on limbs in finding meaning in everything. I was just saying that given people have gone to those lengths I'm surprised that most people are brushing off that the last thing she said contradicts what she started out saying and title of her post. I dont know if there is any big secret in it but I also don't think that it's just bad adlibbing. they chop edit these things like crazy you don't think they would give her something else to close with if thats not what they wanted her to say?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a LOT of people are making a big deal of it, that was my point, lol. And, it's possible the writers didnt' realize what it would be interpretted as until we all started disecting it. They do have the habit of somewhat clearing the air in new videos. I have a feeling that will happen.
savingbree
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Boys Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Way2Curious wrote:
Seems to be the theme with their religion, keep the boys away.

Not necessarily all the boys, just the ones who don't believe in the religion (although come to think of it, we haven't seen or heard of any other boys, have we?).

Have you SEEN the boys in the religion? If the ones representing in the Religion forum are any indication, I don't think I'd let my daughter hang around with them either. (Maybe it is time for a Canonized Boy to be inserted, and I don't mean Dr. Immant Cool )
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Boys Reply with quote

savingbree wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
Way2Curious wrote:
Seems to be the theme with their religion, keep the boys away.

Not necessarily all the boys, just the ones who don't believe in the religion (although come to think of it, we haven't seen or heard of any other boys, have we?).

Have you SEEN the boys in the religion? If the ones representing in the Religion forum are any indication, I don't think I'd let my daughter hang around with them either. (Maybe it is time for a Canonized Boy to be inserted, and I don't mean Dr. Immant Cool )

You mean people of a fictional religion are posting here?!
thinkitthrough
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that if you go to plot discussion and check out Monomyth Application, Storyteller is on to something. The design of the plot is pretty close to dead on. I mean Gemma to him will be a source of instruction and knowledge, a Mentor. He called that out before both these vids were posted maybe we should bounce ideas off of him a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: