Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Zipp's identity - might have to help me on this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janejane26 wrote:
One thing that doesn't make sense, though - Maddison didn't appear to be in any sort of trouble before Zipp came into her life, so there would be no reason for Zipp to be worried about her unless he knew of something that was going to happen to Maddison that she did not know about.

It seems to me that the trouble started when Zipp came into her life - he put her in danger.

Does that even make sense? Sorry, I'm tired.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah, dammit mr. zipp....

his identity is supposed to be obvious and when we find the answer it would ''click''

you think that was J's hint?... click... click... boom...gun...the killer = zipp? nah... could zipp have been Warpylol?

what exactly are our options of who he could be? if it's so obvious, why don't we list out names of who we know in this story...

do we know if zipp's identity is someone's we've seen/heard while watching maddy's vids or is zipp supposed to be someone we can easily assume him to be?
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
PhiaMonster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mr. Zipp has to be someone we can easily assume, because Jason said there weren't any clues in the videos. So since we don't know that much about Maddy it would be a rather short list.

1. Zipp= Maddy (Doubt it Maddy doesn't have a child)
2. Zipp= Adam (Zipp said they were never intended to meet so me think not)
3. Zipp= Emily (We never met Emily so just throwing that out since she was a character)
4. Adam's Uncle (Don't know him so i don't know how that fits)
5. Maddy's Father (just seems like the likely choice like Maddy's adopted or something)
6. Adam's Father (I don't recall hearing anything about Adam's parents)
7. ???

I think making a list could be helpful so we can try a process of elimination. If anyone wants to add to the list...
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiaMonster wrote:
I think Mr. Zipp has to be someone we can easily assume, because Jason said there weren't any clues in the videos. So since we don't know that much about Maddy it would be a rather short list.

1. Zipp= Maddy (Doubt it Maddy doesn't have a child)
2. Zipp= Adam (Zipp said they were never intended to meet so me think not)
3. Zipp= Emily (We never met Emily so just throwing that out since she was a character)
4. Adam's Uncle (Don't know him so i don't know how that fits)
5. Maddy's Father (just seems like the likely choice like Maddy's adopted or something)
6. Adam's Father (I don't recall hearing anything about Adam's parents)
7. ???

I think making a list could be helpful so we can try a process of elimination. If anyone wants to add to the list...

List=great idea
Zipp=Maddy
(Maddy having multiple personalities, one of them being a young child , one of them being a paternal figure ) this would explain the inner knowledge of the passwords, "never meant to meet" meaning "each personality was never to know about the other" , when in Mr zipp mode , Maddy/Zipp could arrange to have these messages delivered .....

just saying it is possible , farfetched but possible

Zipp= a local musician
Zipp=a professor at school, not one Maddy knew, but one who watched her from afar

edited to add that I am not the originator of the Maddy=Zipp theory, I think credit goes to LGpanda , but I am not quite sure . Embarassed
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of it being an aspect of Mddy's personality.

But if that was the case why would Maddy have been (possibly) killed for it?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherepixie wrote:

good point... to be bluntly honest, all of the speculation about Zipp being Maddison really just distracts us from finding the real answer. It was a nice flash of thought, but it just doesn't make sense. Perhaps its time to put that theory to rest so as to concentrate on other more likely solutions.

Respectfully,

~tb
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh. It's a nice idea but it doesn't seem to fit to me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhiaMonster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean wrote:
nowherepixie wrote:

good point... to be bluntly honest, all of the speculation about Zipp being Maddison really just distracts us from finding the real answer. It was a nice flash of thought, but it just doesn't make sense. Perhaps its time to put that theory to rest so as to concentrate on other more likely solutions.

Respectfully,

~tb

I have to agree, if Maddy=Zipp then she would still be alive right now. Zipp=Obvious!!! Thats driving me crazy
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zipp = HTMLvis! Shocked
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean should not read this! Very Happy

Just because Maddy=Mr Zipp, that doesn't rule out the killer.

Look at it this way.
Maddy's Zipp personality was the one involved with the organization that killed her.
Maddy as Maddy has no recollection of the life her Zipp personality leads.
Zipp as Maddy got involved , did something , pissed the order (or whomever) off , knew they would be coming for him/her, and needed to communicate this to Maddy so she would save them.

anyways I thought I would make this point even though I know I am distracting you from all the likely solutions. There is just so much happening right now..

j/k! Twisted Evil
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherepixie wrote:
Zipp = HTMLvis! Shocked

you know what they say about pigeons.......
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherepixie wrote:

Because maybe this was just a psychotic, made up world 'Maddy' was living in. And Mr. Zipp was her real self. And she was taking tablets prescribed by her doctor to help resolve her disorder.

J/K.

But seriously, it might've been, if going by this theory, that Mr. Zipp didn't want the other personalities there. So he got rid of them.

Ugh. I'm tired.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
PhiaMonster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are turning Maddison Atkins into a lifetime movie...
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the letter giddeanx posted from Mr. Zipp, this line stood out (to me anyway):
Quote:
You will need their help, for my messages will be encoded to confuse the enemy. Even now it is likely you need their help.

Jeromy has indicated in OOC responses that Mr. Zipp is a puzzle that once we solve it, he thinks we will know we have solved it, like we will see or realize something and it will be clear it must be correct.

The quote above made me wonder whether at that moment in the story, Maddison already had some hidden message or code - maybe something we missed. It might bear examining what she had already at that point in the story. It could be he is just talking about the coded pigeon messages, but maybe there is a hidden message within this very letter or elsewhere?

Also, the clearest references we have to "Zipp" aside from his letters are Skipper Zipp in the Dr. Seuss book and the "Mr. Zipp and The Letters" poster found in one of the drops. Does "Letters" here refer to messages, or to individual alphabet characters found somewhere or ???

Otherwise, Mr. Zipp refers to Maddison as an "instrument" and a "microphone" ... musical references ... and Zipp might be related to Zip guitars. (I know there are electric Zip guitars, but I'm not sure about acoustic). Should we be looking for a band or a music show of some kind?

"Skipper Zipp" may imply he is a leader of some kind. I still think the theory that Mr. Zipp is Jeromy and the ARG itself is his child makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure that is within the bounds of valid speculation for this mystery.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
From the letter giddeanx posted from Mr. Zipp, this line stood out (to me anyway):
Quote:
You will need their help, for my messages will be encoded to confuse the enemy. Even now it is likely you need their help.

Jeromy has indicated in OOC responses that Mr. Zipp is a puzzle that once we solve it, he thinks we will know we have solved it, like we will see or realize something and it will be clear it must be correct.

The quote above made me wonder whether at that moment in the story, Maddison already had some hidden message or code - maybe something we missed. It might bear examining what she had already at that point in the story. It could be he is just talking about the coded pigeon messages, but maybe there is a hidden message within this very letter or elsewhere?.

that is a really good idea! I missed that inference.

QtheC wrote:
Also, the clearest references we have to "Zipp" aside from his letters are Skipper Zipp in the Dr. Seuss book and the "Mr. Zipp and The Letters" poster found in one of the drops. Does "Letters" here refer to messages, or to individual alphabet characters found somewhere or ???

Otherwise, Mr. Zipp refers to Maddison as an "instrument" and a "microphone" ... musical references ... and Zipp might be related to Zip guitars. (I know there are electric Zip guitars, but I'm not sure about acoustic). Should we be looking for a band or a music show of some kind?

"Skipper Zipp" may imply he is a leader of some kind. I still think the theory that Mr. Zipp is Jeromy and the ARG itself is his child makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure that is within the bounds of valid speculation for this mystery.

you bring up alot of good points.
time to study this more....

I do hope it will all be clear soon....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: