Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0212 - "Like A Virgin" [6/13/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonia
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsRealAsImagined wrote:
I think these last two making fun of Jonas videos have been ridiculous. What good is supposed to come out of it? He is supposed to become less upset? He wants to find Bree, and they're just berating and teasing him. Who's being unhelpful?

Quoted for Truth.
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas is and was a fool for letting himself think Bree was back.

You can't just snap your fingers and not be brainwashed.

You don't blindly walk through a mind field and then be surprised when you loose a leg.
&
Sarah Fan Club
Sonia
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, It was silly to think that after a few days she'd be "good ol' Bree" again. However, I think that it was wishful thinking on Jonas' part.

He's reacting now because: A. The girl he has been trying to help all this time, changed his entire life for, and grew to have feelings for(that he assumed were returned since she HAD SEX WITH HIM), totally used him and disappeared on him. And B. Because being a man, and finding out that you were wrong is a huge blow to the ego. Most men don't handle those ego blows too well.
Dovey
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MintyBeast wrote:
Jonas is and was a fool for letting himself think Bree was back.

You can't just snap your fingers and not be brainwashed.

You don't blindly walk through a mind field and then be surprised when you loose a leg.

Why must we berate them for being young? Jonas is in love (Perhaps for the very first time), and he sees and believes what he wants to see and believe. That's part of being young. Frankly, I would have been pissed at Sarah too. She took a very private issue, and publically confirmed it. I think his biggest mistake was confronting Taylor instead of Sarah.

I can't figure out why the hell everyone's being so judgmental. Everyone in that little group has made mistakes. Almost all of them, (I will politely disclude Sarah here), have been mistakes made out of love/friendship/caring. Jonas learned the consequences of his actions quite soon after he performed them. Where's the supportive shoulder? No wonder he's lashing out.

DB, dude. You've been here before. Help your bro out. Sarah, your amazing immaturity and seeming lack of responsibility makes you a very intriguing character. But with all due respect, butt the hell out.

Bree - Come home.
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Sarah getting easily sucked into the Hymn Of One just to have answers and another way of filling her "void" or whatever her issue is. And then becoming a spy and totally trying to seduce Daniel into being a bad friend and Jonas into insanity. Yes, she's got them all wrapped around her little finger...

Ok I need sleep badly, because now I'm going crazy. Good night.
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that wasn't coming from my post as I never mentioned anything about age.

Jonas didn't just confront Taylor with HIS issues but he insulted her sister, her, and her parents. That can't be justified in the least.

And for all we know DB could have in a way let Jonas know he was there for him BUT he just had sex with Bree. Daniels best friend. Daniel was giving him (deserved) silent treatment when it was just -making out-.

Jonas is acting like a whiney baby. It doesn't matter what it is about. That you cannoty deny. But he needs to deal with it and move on. Find Bree and see what really is going on. He is taking it out on everyone else. Perhaps he should have starting chopping wood a lot sooner to blow off the steam (see taylor chat if you don't undertsand).

I think as being outside of the situation we can say "yowsers, Taylor, maybe that was a bit much" but If i was to put myself in the situation, i think My video would have been worse. As I do not put up with people talking shit about my family, let alone me, my sibling and my parents. He couldn't have -logically- thought nothing would have come from this.

He knew what he was doing. He sent that email to Taylor, CC'd it to Sarah and then BCC'd it to Daniel. He wanted everybody in on it. He wanted to put his hurt on others. he wante dto start shit.

So I guess if people are hating Sarah they should hate Jonas and vice versa. only Sarah has been like this the whole time, so I do not hate her, but i do Jonas until he returns to himself.

This might not even make sense as it is 3am. but i hope it does.
&
Sarah Fan Club
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video was way over the top. Frankly, I don't see how any of this can end well.

Bree: She's been brainwashed, faultily deprogrammed, lost in the woods for 6 days... If she's not dead, she is damaged beyond repair.

Daniel: Thrice he has weathered the humiliation of having the women he loved ridicule and leave him. Now for the fourth time he begins to unwind and the girl spends most of her time driving a wedge between him and his only other remaining friend, Jonas.

Jonas: An act of charity transforms his life into chaos and fear. Shy around girls to begin with, his foray into the world of love has ended with him being publicly humiliated not once, not twice, but three times by three different females. The wedge that Sarah has been working on looks like it's succeeding, and the attempt at a private resolution to an already humiliatingly public issue is splashed all over the forums to be endlessly discussed.

Taylor: Going from possible candidate for her religion's important ceremonies and having a unified family and successful soccer season to being the catchall for all her parents' breakup angst and all her sister's rabble rousing. It has twisted her wholesome attitude into one of trying to look and act adult. Problem is, she isn't an adult and her attempts are going to end with a backlash that'll break her.

Sarah: Screwed up to begin with, she ran away from home to seek excitement with the TAAG. Her misconceived notion that they were going to be exciting to be with has turned into a nightmare and the hotshot she has a crush on has shown himself to be more interested in finding his nut-case ex-girlfriend. She is seeing everything she touches falling into brittle shards.

Frankly, I think the Creators are writing themselves into a corner. As it is it'll take an act of God and 12 more years to extricate themselves from the problems they've already written. Even then I don't think it can be done without a paradigm shift.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
Charles Phoenix
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
This video was way over the top. Frankly, I don't see how any of this can end well.

Bree: She's been brainwashed, faultily deprogrammed, lost in the woods for 6 days... If she's not dead, she is damaged beyond repair.

Daniel: Thrice he has weathered the humiliation of having the women he loved ridicule and leave him. Now for the fourth time he begins to unwind and the girl spends most of her time driving a wedge between him and his only other remaining friend, Jonas.

Jonas: An act of charity transforms his life into chaos and fear. Shy around girls to begin with, his foray into the world of love has ended with him being publicly humiliated not once, not twice, but three times by three different females. The wedge that Sarah has been working on looks like it's succeeding, and the attempt at a private resolution to an already humiliatingly public issue is splashed all over the forums to be endlessly discussed.

Taylor: Going from possible candidate for her religion's important ceremonies and having a unified family and successful soccer season to being the catchall for all her parents' breakup angst and all her sister's rabble rousing. It has twisted her wholesome attitude into one of trying to look and act adult. Problem is, she isn't an adult and her attempts are going to end with a backlash that'll break her.

Sarah: Screwed up to begin with, she ran away from home to seek excitement with the TAAG. Her misconceived notion that they were going to be exciting to be with has turned into a nightmare and the hotshot she has a crush on has shown himself to be more interested in finding his nut-case ex-girlfriend. She is seeing everything she touches falling into brittle shards.

Frankly, I think the Creators are writing themselves into a corner. As it is it'll take an act of God and 12 more years to extricate themselves from the problems they've already written. Even then I don't think it can be done without a paradigm shift.

the way you put it... which is pretty much dead truth... puts all the main characters into the mental hospital at the end of the series...
megabyte made my avvie...
Michelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video (and the last one) were so, so awful.

That's really all I have to say.
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsRealAsImagined wrote:
I think these last two making fun of Jonas videos have been ridiculous. What good is supposed to come out of it? He is supposed to become less upset? He wants to find Bree, and they're just berating and teasing him. Who's being unhelpful?

Exactly why I have begun to think the two sisters are decoys.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
Jonas: An act of charity transforms his life into chaos and fear. Shy around girls to begin with, his foray into the world of love has ended with him being publicly humiliated not once, not twice, but three times by three different females.

Jonas chose to edit and upload the video where he mouthed off while laying in Bree's bed. He's the one who chose to make every possible indication that he had fucked Bree — and then been ditched through a fake shower — without actually saying it. He could have just uploaded a video saying "Bree left and we're looking for her." Simple. What happened is Jonas humilated Jonas.

As for Sarah, she didn't humilate him. She gave him advice about love (that he and most of us don't agree with, sure, but it seemed well-intentioned nonetheless) and asked him to get his head out of his ass so he could save the girl he's obsessed with. If he's too hung up on his ego to be hung up on Bree then he needs to make up his mind which is more important to him.

As for Taylor, she did major own him, yes. Humiliated him even. But that was in retaliation to him being a dickwad and insulting her and her sister while acting like a thankless little bitch (in other words: Bree).

sack36 wrote:
The wedge that Sarah has been working on looks like it's succeeding ...

It's not like Sarah had to come up with a plan to get Bree back in the first place if she wanted wedges to form, nor did she have to ask Jonas to do something that he really does need to be doing. What if he had reacted to that with "f**k, you're right. I am being an idiot"? What she told him is not wedge-making material.

sack36 wrote:
Taylor: Going from possible candidate for her religion's important ceremonies ...

You're not talking about the Hymn of One, are you? Taylor's family isn't in the religion. It was Jules' family that was.

sack36 wrote:

I think they can get out of it fairly easily, but it's going to require that they focus on what's up with Bree. Something significant needs to happen there that the characters can focus on instead of just getting mad at each other.

Last edited by Lurker on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
bluegum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig this video. I think I may be in a minority with that though....

Anyways the psychology behind it is sound. Blood runs thicker than water. I mean really me and my sister talk so much crap about each other but it anyone else starts it's like a WWE smack down. AND WHAT what Jonas thinking. A) you don't bitch about Sarah to Taylor. B) CC and BC the email... wtf C) Sarah is the Sylvia Plath Quoting emo kid I think she knows what calloused means. I know why that bothered me so much but it REALLY did.

And Taylor is right the whole parents issue is a big one and really does say a lot about where Sarah is in her life and why she does seemingly bizarre things. Parental issues affect kids in very different manners.

Odd thought. Idea What if Sarah is really a virgin and is just covering that fact with a front.
Sarah of the Dead
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, pfft. Jonas has stuck with the TAAG through being tied to a chair and physically threatened for days on end, I'm sure he can eventually get over being ridiculed in a vlog.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure I "get" this, but the lack of overt sexual content is a huge improvement, title notwithstanding. "Prooooving Sarah Whacked" would have been more appropriate.

I thought the silly animations were great! Much better than the last couple of vids... It's really easy to go for the "cheap seats" with sexual content, it's much harder to be Creative.

Again, much better.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, before I forget: Loved Taylor's outfit and accessories. Sarah's my number one, but you bring in the S&M teacher role playing and you've got my attention nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: