Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why the "beast" in Danielbeast?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Why the "beast" in Danielbeast? Reply with quote

Theories of why he's called Danielbeast:

1) Connection between Daniel of the bible and the beast of the bible. Perhaps dichotomy of good and evil, or perhaps Daniel = the beast?

2) Alestair Crowley was called (and called himself) "The Beast". Perhaps this is making a connection between Daniel and Bree's religion? But if he is turned off by her religion, why the connection?

3) It's a term of endearment from Bree.

4) Perhaps he's like the ox in "Helper", trying to lead her and force her where she wants to go...

Any other theories/thoughts?

Last edited by Broken Kid on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's that whole Crowley being called The Beast thing, too.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
There's that whole Crowley being called The Beast thing, too.

Good point. Added. I don't see the symbolism there, though, since he's turned off by the religion. I'd be interested in hearing theories of why that would be the connotation, when he's not a part of the religion.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Bree came up with the name? Who knows. I personally favor the Bible connotations, especially with all the biblical references going on of late. The Crowley thing is just something that's definitely been discussed a lot, though, so thought it should be added.
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if it's supposed to be secretive and such, maybe Daniel actually -IS- part of the religion, and part of this whole thing involves a trial by temptation...which he provides by seeming to be romantically involved and pushed away by her religion, forcing the "me or them" choice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what's regarded as the first ARG was called "Beast." I think Lonesome October made that connection in one of his videos...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Xela
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed the name first came about in the episode where she is trying to get him on camera. It was like she was a steve irwin (r.i.p. Sad ) type person observing the wild Danielbeast. But this might interfere with when daniel set up his account. I dont really know the timeframe of all this.

At any rate, I dont think its a reference to THE beast. As nosy and annoying Dasniel has become, I don't think he will end up the villain in this story.
atomikbr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has to do with the "moonchild" novel from crowley: somebody else spotted it better than me here.
In Moonchild both "evil priests" (black magicians) and white magicians (whose leader was a literary translation of crowley "the Beast" himself) were trying to give birth to the "moonchild" through the same girl.
Look for the moonchild in Wikipedia, or else in this forum there's a good explanation of the plot, somwhere.
Aysmptotes
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be possible that Daniel is the reincarnation of Crowley, I know that might seem far out there, or that Crowley was in correct in thinking that he himself was the beast, which could mean that Daniel could not help but to insult Bree's religion since he himself defies what Crowley stated himself to be.

Another reason for me thinking that he is the Beast is that he was able to view the ceremony and not get caught. It looked like there were secret service people there and those people i would think would notice some fumbling teenager out in the woods, that kid can't to stealthy. It is possible that he was supposed to be there since. A few signs point to that Bree is to become the Scarlet Woman, who is depicted as riding The Beast. And I think that Bree knows that she should ride him from that Proving Science Wrong video in which she associates him to a domesticated animal. and i believe that she associated him with a horse, which one rides. Althought she proved that he could not to work as a horse, she did not prove that she could not ride him.
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Why the "beast" in Danielbeast? Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Theories of why he's called Danielbeast:

1) Connection between Daniel of the bible and the beast of the bible. Perhaps dichotomy of good and evil, or perhaps Daniel = the beast?

2) Alestair Crowley was called (and called himself) "The Beast". Perhaps this is making a connection between Daniel and Bree's religion? But if he is turned off by her religion, why the connection?

3) It's a term of endearment from Bree.

4) Perhaps he's like the ox in "Helper", trying to lead her and force her where she wants to go...

Any other theories/thoughts?

Maybe #3. (Term of Endearment) Danielbeast could be another way of calling him a Minibeast...or better yet ...a Pest.

One Possible Referance: In the "Swimming" video I think right after she talks about Skeeter Hunting (bashing the water beetles), Daniel is seen all wet from being in the water. If one wanted to take it further you could also say he was being a pest about not answering her questions about Cassie. Actually, Bree was also being pest in the car, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" (laughs)

It seems to possibly hold up as well in Gemma's "Flatmates" video. Her flatmate isn't a pest like Danielbeast, but a 'real' Deamon Beast eating up all her biscuits.

Here's a link to the term Minibeast http://www.yptenc.org.uk/docs/factsheets/env_facts/minibeasts.html

I first thought of it as a possibilty because Minibeast just seemed relevant to me in that some of Bree's video tags relate to (water creatures, diesease/decay, plant life). Almost as if there's a relationship between them all.

At one point I was thinking if she lived in a commune (all the one's I've ever heard about usually grow their own food), then perhaps she's sensitive to the little creatures that can either help or hinder plant life for food or medicine. (shrugs)

Yours,
Pi
KimmyKrump
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Tangent Reply with quote

After talking about human microchip implants on the video page, I kinda got off on a wikipedia-ing tangent and ended up reading the "Number of the Beast" entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Am now a little scared that Daniel was sent by the order.

I'm hoping the Daniel Biblical references are closer to the truth in the plot. It could be that the Number of the Beast stuff is represented by the tattoos on the watchers' hands (someone probably already thought of this) and DanielBeast represents a whole other kind of non-Crowley-related beast as others have theorized.
rawrxbang
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is deffinetly not the beast. In Tachyon's new video she exposed Gemma as a fraud. Gemma actually lives in the US. But anyways Daniel is Bree's only true friend. Daniel loves her for crying out loud!!!

"We are all dead. And this is hell."
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawrxbang wrote:
I think he is deffinetly not the beast. In Tachyon's new video she exposed Gemma as a fraud. Gemma actually lives in the US. But anyways Daniel is Bree's only true friend. Daniel loves her for crying out loud!!!

We don't know Gemma lives in the US. We just know she is in the US currently.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this definately brings our eyes toward Daniel and the possibility that he is related to Crowley for some reason.

Could he, our "hero", really be the bad one? If Gemma was saying to trust in Daniel and go home (and if you recall, they shouldn't go home because OpAphid is waiting for them), and Daniel was completely on board for going home no matter what ---even to the extent of leaving Bree-- maybe he isn't afraid of the order at all. Maybe he is part of the order...and his last video was an attempt to show Bree that everything is fine at home...a trick to make her come back.

When Gemma said in the chat that Bree should only trust Daniel and not to even trust her if she didn't want to--Gemma could be dropping Bree a clue as to not to trust her..which means --> NOT TO TRUST DANIEL.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why the "beast" in Danielbeast?

Maybe he just thinks he's mr. tough guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: