Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do people help OpAphid?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Why do people help OpAphid? Reply with quote

I’m pretty well known as being anti-ARG, but I assure you I am not trying to stir anything up here. I’m just legitimately curious.

Why do you guys help OpAphid? As I understand it she (they) are a part of the Order, an organization that most people assume has something bad in mind for Bree. So do you guys not like Bree and want something bad to happen to her? Or do you all just role-play characters that don’t like Bree? Or am I missing something that is really obvious?

I can understand working with Tachyon as she seems to have more benevolent motives, even though I don’t agree with her tactics.

So my question is what is your motive to help OpAphid?
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him" - Mark Twain
Caslynn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do people help OpAphid? Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:
I’m pretty well known as being anti-ARG, but I assure you I am not trying to stir anything up here. I’m just legitimately curious.

Why do you guys help OpAphid? As I understand it she (they) are a part of the Order, an organization that most people assume has something bad in mind for Bree. So do you guys not like Bree and want something bad to happen to her? Or do you all just role-play characters that don’t like Bree? Or am I missing something that is really obvious?

I can understand working with Tachyon as she seems to have more benevolent motives, even though I don’t agree with her tactics.

This is kind of a Jedi vs. Sith approach to things, but some people just prefer the dark side.

That said, not everyone works to help Op. Some people side with Tachyon, others are neutral. Everyone, however, works together to solve the puzzles to act as a catalyst for future fun stuff to see/do.

I can't speak for everyone, and each person's answer as per why they've chosen the side they have will be different, so I'll just leave it at that.
fuzzy_bunny85
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do people help OpAphid? Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:

Awww, why. LG is so much more interesting with the ARG. And everone on the ARG forums is so friendly Wink

(jk, I everyone, even you Oppies, who are obviously mislead)
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without discussing my particular alliegances, I'd just like to point out that one of Tachyon's most recent actions was to set up a hit in which a young woman was most likely murdered. That doesn't seem very benevolent to me. I'm not saying OpA doesn't have their ruthless side, but we don't know exactly what the motives or goals are for either side.

Of course, that's what makes it fun. Smile
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do people help OpAphid? Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:
Why do you guys help OpAphid? As I understand it she (they) are a part of the Order, an organization that most people assume has something bad in mind for Bree.

Keyword: "assume".

Thus far, we have no clear proof of what Op's motives truly are, or whether they are sinister in nature (though that itself is noteworthy, many people find the sinister role playing much more interesting and fun).

For all we know, Bree's dad WAS a bad guy and Op really IS looking out for Bree. Many suspect that's what the Watchers are doing, since they themselves have not harmed nor even made an attempt to harm Bree.

Personally, I am neutral. I came into this a little late and I mostly just have fun observing. And even observing I feel immersed in the game, it's just so.. compelling, you know?
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Without discussing my particular alliegances, I'd just like to point out that one of Tachyon's most recent actions was to set up a hit in which a young woman was most likely murdered. That doesn't seem very benevolent to me. I'm not saying OpA doesn't have their ruthless side, but we don't know exactly what the motives or goals are for either side.

But don't forget that Brother was also a target of OpA in a bombing, and they used said young woman as a lure.

I think both sides of the story are equally "benevolent" here.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do people help OpAphid? Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:

We just like to push the story along, be it Tach or Oppy, without them not much in the LG15 side by itself would've made much sense.

Would Daniel be missing right now?
Would they be at Jonas' if it weren't for Op's (and Gemma's) shenanigans?
Would Gemma still be their "friend" and talking about her horrid flatmates?
Would Daniel have come back to Jonas if he didn't find the camera?
Would he have ditched his car and gone home?

If nothing bad ever happened to them, there would be no plot. I'm sure there's people who would be quite content with them still doing silly proving science wrong vids at Bree's home and playing with her stuffed animals, but then Bree would never grow up. Regardless of what you think about the current plot, it's all being pushed from the ARG side, be it Op or Tach.

We just like the story to move along, and the characters to mature.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just damn fun to play evil.
And I may as well have fun. I'll play the matyr in real life, but here... gloves are off baby.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, well... It's always bugged me that the "good guys" always win and the "bad guys" always lose... but what if the "bad guys" have a legitimate side too?

You can't side with a faerie tale villain because they're designed to be hated. Op isn't a faerie tale villain though... she's a facsimile of a "real" villain, set up in a way that makes it both interesting to side with her, and makes her okay to side WITH, if you choose that option.

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, no one knows the full story behind either side of this. Second of all, Op isn't evil if you don't piss her off. =)
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that when it comes to Op vs. Tach....

They are both the hero and the villain.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it really is for most situations.

There is never only one side to things.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is never only one side to things.

Isn't that the truth! Laughing
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, that's the first time the action of the opaphids has a direct consequence on the story plot, doesn't it? The drop recovery led directly to the snatching of Daniel. You evil Opaphids! Shame on you
I wonder what would have happened had Daniel's ID not been recovered.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
To my knowledge, that's the first time the action of the opaphids has a direct consequence on the story plot, doesn't it? The drop recovery led directly to the snatching of Daniel. You evil Opaphids! Shame on you
I wonder what would have happened had Daniel's ID not been recovered.

Daniel ditched his car due to our work too, so we've helped them escape the order.
The term "watcher" was introduced by Tachyon before Gemma talked about it.
The Nancy Drew book that Nikki B. loves to pull out all the time? Tachyon (I mention this one since now people are saying Nikki B. is canon, i.e. officially part of the story plot).

Those three off the top of my head. But yea finding out who said what first after the fact isn't easy.

[Edit: Oh, and about us finding the ID or not: I'm sure if we hadn't found it last night, the "Daniel Is Missing" video wouldn't have been released so soon. Remember these were filmed a few days ago, likely even before the "Lose Something?" video. What I'm saying is, this is still The Creators plot, but if you want it to advance you should join us in helping decode Op and Tach's drops and puzzles.]

Last edited by deagol on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: