Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bree's Religion??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BTStars
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Bree's Religion?? Reply with quote

Ok, so out of curiosity, are we still trying to figure out her religion? Because, Bree actually came out and said that it wasn't a religion. I would really hope that they don't do the religion thing, because it would be in bad taste. They are OBVIOUSLY painting some religion in a bad light (assuming that there is a religion at play) and it will offend a lot of people. I personally know about religious discrimination (in my own family). I don't know, I'm just voicing my concerns.
jonasrawks
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gemma told us that it's a secret society. but it's based on a lot of stuff, some things its based on is religions.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think, it's not one smple religion, and I think we have enough research to back that up.
I think it's a combination of religions and secret societies philosopies. I think we have a basic undersanding of the belief system, but we just need an official confirmation.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: What about? Reply with quote

Has anyone considered the Rosicrucians? They're part religion; part secret society. They've been around ostensibly since the height of Egypt. They've infiltrated every brand of power known, including the US Government. The pyramid on the dollar bill with the eye? That's a symbol of the Rosicrucian society. They believe in psychic powers and they have secret indoctrination ceremonies. Seems like a fairly good match to me.
BTStars
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: What about? Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
Has anyone considered the Rosicrucians? They're part religion; part secret society. They've been around ostensibly since the height of Egypt. They've infiltrated every brand of power known, including the US Government. The pyramid on the dollar bill with the eye? That's a symbol of the Rosicrucian society. They believe in psychic powers and they have secret indoctrination ceremonies. Seems like a fairly good match to me.

that sounds like you're onto something
jonasrawks
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: What about? Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:

good theory. Very Happy
Anhur
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vote is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argenteum_Astrum
fits perfictly
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
magical fraternity, the goals of which are the pursuit of light and knowledge. Heavily influenced by Aleister Crowley, the holy book of the order is Liber AL vel Legis (in English, The Book of the Law). Its mottos are "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law," and "Love is the law, love under will." (The A∴A∴ shares these mottos with the O.T.O., but the two groups have no formal connection.)

book of law was in one of the drops
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cyntax
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that has been sticking in my mind was about the"Order of Denderah".

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=The_Order

I wiki'd it, and all sorts of interesting things came up.

When you translate Denderah into Greek, you get "Tentyra", which in turn means "She of the Divine Pillar", or "Ta-ynt-netert". This is an ancient Egyptian site, which has the Temple of Denderah.

The "She of Divine Pillar" part may have some link to the "Ceremony".

Searching through Wikipedia, I came across links to the sky gods (Egyptian):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denderah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor

Thats all I have for now. I'll keep looking, and maybe we will crack this one!

Cyn
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Circular Zodiac of Tentyra

From Cole’s Treatise on the Circular Zodiac of Tentyra, in Egypt

The oldest circular zodiac known is the one found at Tentyra, in Egypt, and now in the possession of the French Government. Mr. John Cole describes this remarkable zodiac as follows: "The diameter of the medallion in which the constellations are sculptured, is four feet nine inches, French measure. It is surrounded by another circle of much larger circumference, containing hieroglyphic characters; this second circle is enclosed in a square, whose sides are seven feet nine inches long... The asterisms, constituting the Zodiacal constellations mixed with others, are represented in a spiral. The extremities of this spiral, after one revolution, are Leo and Cancer. Leo is no doubt at the head. It appears to be trampling on a serpent, and its tail to be held by a woman. Immediately after the Lion comes the Virgin holding an ear of corn. Further on we perceive two scales of a balance, above which, in a medallion, is the figure of Harpocrates. Then follows the Scorpion, and Sagittarius, to whom the Egyptians gave wings, and two faces. After Sagittarius are successively placed, Capricornus, Aquarius, Pisces, the Ram, the Bull, and the Twins. This Zodiacal procession is, as we have already observed, terminated by Cancer, the Crab." MPH

Just fyi.
Mincartaugh
cyntax
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, most, if not all the clues point to ancient Egypt..

Could just be a coincidence?
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a scientific organisation posing as a religion for.. eh.. some reason
Ravensnow27
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyntax wrote:
From what I can see, most, if not all the clues point to ancient Egypt..

Could just be a coincidence?

I've always thought that too. Maybe shes a direct decendant of some special person that the order has been breeding for years to keep the genes in the same pool. Royalty has been doin it for eons. Now they need her to carry on the line? Like the Da Vinci Code? I dunno, this is prolly the wrong thread for this Anyway, when I first started watchin LG15 I looked around and found some interesting egyptian stuff that I was conviced was related then, Ima have to go back and look for it again.....
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of this has been looked at before, if you wanna check it out. Maybe you can find something new that the "old timers" missed.

Talk about Denderah:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=832

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=839

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=862

Talk about Rosicrucians:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=745

I'd love to hear about anything new you find! Though I think the Creators will keep Bree's organization/religion something mostly fictional, I do think that maybe it will have bits and pieces from other secret societies and religions.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anhur wrote:
my vote is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argenteum_Astrum
fits perfictly

In the A.: A.: you only know the person who brought you into the order and any you bring in. It's a chain...

Also, the A.: A.: is a group of Thelemites. If it's not Thelema, it's not the A.: A.:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: