Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They disappeared 10-30-06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lizi_2007 wrote:
I really like where the Gemmer's videos are going. It gives up a deeper, darker look at the religion. A perscpective Daniel can't get and Bree won't give us. Maybe Bree hasn't even actually expirienced the "darker" side yet? She's just seen the tip of the iceburg.

I don't think Bree knows enough to give us any dark details about her religion. Neither her nor her parents even know what the shot is for.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:
I agree with Rachelalexis... it sounds like after the ceremony, the parents "left" (were forced to leave? disappeared?) and the religion sent the letters to diminish suspicion. We've suspected for a while that the girl doesn't come back from the ceremony (remember Daniel's story about a girl in 1943 in Arizona?). The other possibility is the parents left since their daughter wasn't returning and were traumatized by the experience.

Regardless, it's interesting that the ceremony isn't quite as rare as we were thinking. The case Gemma talks about was probably 10-15 years ago, and maybe there were others. Also, she said the girl was chosen for it at a young age, which makes me think Bree was targetted for the ceremony long before she found out about it. This makes me wonder if her parents weren't far more involved than just giving some shots and raising her with strict rules.

So if the ceremony happens every 10-15 years, it likely isn't too dark. They're not raising the devil every decade or impregnating the girl with the antichrist or something. Unless, of course, the previous ceremonies were all failures, which is why the girl didn't return.....

Do we know what type of a role the parents play in the ceremony. i know that they aren't supposed to be there, but is there anything that they do on the sidelines while it is happening?
Is there a possibility that while ther child is participating in the ceremony, they too have to participate in a ceremony?
Either way, my suspicions says that this family didn't just lev, or were forced to leave. sounds to me like a murder mystery. Most families would take their family pet if they left, and maybe some momentos. This family didn't. Sounds to me that their disppearance was intentional. and the notes were just to avoid suspisions and questions.

On the cassie note...we all definately know that this is NOT cassie. But is there a possibility that cassie knows this story, and this is why Bree's religion freaks her out. There maybe be a link here.

I highly doubt that Cassie has anything to do with this. There's just so much hype over Cassie b/c of the Cassieiswatching stuff, but the creators have separated themselves from it and hasn't brought Cassie back at all. She's just another girl freaked out by a strange religion that Daniel questions.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
Yeah, well, it's all over the site...everyone hates Gemma. Gemma has horse teeth. Blah, blah. What does it have to do with the video? Nothing. The plot? Nothing. We get it. She's not popular, move on. And, I'm not teasing, but getting rather annoyed by the constant attention to not liking someone instead of watching the video and seeing where it takes the story.

This forum has no rules about what you can or can't post. Most of my posts have been about the video, or the plot, or the story. Not everyone feels like being Nancy Drew at 8:30 in the morning when they watch a video, y'know. I have things to do.

This board is pretty tame when it comes to the rest of the internet, I think some repeatitive complaints are allowed since swear words/derogatory comments aren't. I mean some guy in the last video post said he was disappointed with the video, and someone called him a 'typical American' because he didn't "appreciate" it.

Some people like things, some don't. Some feel like analyzing, some people let everyone else do it for them.

Want me to be constructive? Kay.

I think Bree will ignore this, because she thinks Daniel will protect her. He's done everything else, legal and not, to "save" her. She also trusts her parents, and she'll probably go along the lines of "I have too many people that care about me, that'll never happen."

I don't get the significance of the dog and actually naming it though. "They even left their dog Sasha behind." Maybe that was to get to Bree, since it's known she loves animals and was friends with a dog. So if an entire family disappearing doesn't effect her, maybe she'll feel bad for the poor puppy or something.

Either way, I don't think Bree will be phased. She's too confident in a happy ending right now.

I think the point is maybe if you don't like something, say it once and be done with it. You don't need to repeat it over and over again. There are too many whiners around here. Definitely typical of Americans-->spoiled brats.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
I highly doubt that Cassie has anything to do with this. There's just so much hype over Cassie b/c of the Cassieiswatching stuff, but the creators have separated themselves from it and hasn't brought Cassie back at all. She's just another girl freaked out by a strange religion that Daniel questions.

Just have to point out that the second Cassie mention was after the Creators disclaimed CiW. I have a feeling that Cassie may have played a bigger part had CiW not happened, but not now.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
Definitely typical of Americans-->spoiled brats.

Hey! I resemble that remark! But wait... I'm a Swiss AI... Nevermind... Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
I think that Gemma deliberately left out some pertinent information. She seems to be warning Bree about the Order, but at the same time, she strikes me as jealous of Bree's place in the Order.

Does that even freakin make sense? If she's warning her b/c she thinks it's dangerous, then why the heck would she be jealous of Bree? That means she doesn't want to be part of the Order so who cares. Unless Gemma is a liar, which there is no evidence for yet, then pick one already.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
Dogma72 wrote:
Wanted to say that I don't like Gemma either - although, it has nothing to do with her accent or teeth or any other physical incarnation. I can't exactly lay my finger on it. I think maybe it's because she - apparently - has seen the inside and hasn't let out more information. Just elusive hints and subtle warnings. Is she a pawn? Is she genuinely interested in Bree's health and well being?

I dunno - I just get this dark and foreboading feeling when i watch her videos. My feeling is that nothing good is going to come from Gemma - it's like the timing of her appearance was just TOO conveniant for it to just be a coincidence.

I need to stop putzing before class, honestly.. BUT.

I agree. I mean I think her teeth are funny, but it's very hard to pull of veneers if that's what they are. Otherwise she's just blessed with unusually white teeth.

Something about the things she says just.. BUGS me. Like why is she popping up now? Why not before? I can't tell if she's really concerned or she's just a really shady person from the cult that's being told to tell Bree these things because she has influence with her.

Totally bad vibes.

Saralynn, it's sad that you feel so insecure about yourself that you have to criticize other people's appearance.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Beautiful Nightmare wrote:
That being said: Gemma is really starting to grate on my nerves with her cryptic videos. Just SAY what you MEAN! On one hand, she says that it's not her choice, she has to go through with the ceremony. On the other hand, she says that the last time someone was chosen for the ceremony, she and her family disappeared.

So, what exactly are Bree's choices, here Gemma?

I'm baffled that some people still think that Gemma was contradicting herself with the "It's Not Your Decision" video or that she was telling Bree to do the ceremony... it was discussed in detail that "It's not your decision" at the beginning meant "It's not your decision to just say 'I don't want to do it'" (meaning that afterward the Order would just go "Oh, okay then. Let's go find somebody else") while "It's your decision" at the end meant "It's your decision to trust me or not." She was telling Bree "Stop acting like a naive little kid and get your ass in gear, girl. These people are psychos. Don't trust any of them."

If it wasn't obvious enough then, Bree's response to that video -- in which she basically says "Thanks for the warning, but I'm not concerned" -- made it perfectly clear that the video was a warning to Bree.

agree with everything said here
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

i oticed the way she said "pictures on the wall"
I've been noticing more recently that the items on the wlls in all of the videos seem to draw the eye to them. Like a focal point in a p ainting.
Anyone else notice this? Or am I just going insane

maybe that's just a way of saying hey, pay attention to what i'm saying because this is important.[/quote]
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
lonelygirl wrote:

Hey! I resemble that remark! But wait... I'm a Swiss AI... Nevermind... Laughing

'mute

I do resemble that... Sad
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not insecure, I don't think Gemma is ugly either. I think she's quite pretty, and not everyone is born with lips like that. I'm kinda jealous! I'm just saying that veneers/harsh whitening make your teeth SO white that they really do look kind of.. I dunno. It really really defines them. Some celebrities look good with them, but Hilary Duff just keeps coming to mind.. Wink

Also, I could say that I'm sick of listening to people bash Americans everywhere. If you wanna talk about something that's TIRED.. pffft.

Plus, hey, the forum got a makeover! Very chic.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gemma is really pretty. Her eyes are freaking cool. She's also an actress, which probably explains her sparkling white teeth. Thereby, I don't see the importance of this at all.

Also, I really liked that idea about how Lucy may have been the other girl that was chosen. My only doubt is that Gemma made it sound like the girl and her family ran away and were ruined by the ceremony, so why would Lucy be encouraging it to Bree?

I agree though that Cassie is completely over. It's pretty sad. I'll miss having my pants scared off. Sad

PS - I haven't been on in like a month. I missed you guys! I'm trying to catch up. I laid low for a while because people were getting so ridiculous about religious debate and stuff. I'm glad to see that things are becoming enjoyable again.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
lonelygirl wrote:

'mute

You're a neutral mute! Very Happy
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
I think Gemma is really pretty. Her eyes are freaking cool. She's also an actress, which probably explains her sparkling white teeth. Thereby, I don't see the importance of this at all.

Also, I really liked that idea about how Lucy may have been the other girl that was chosen. My only doubt is that Gemma made it sound like the girl and her family ran away and were ruined by the ceremony, so why would Lucy be encouraging it to Bree?

I agree though that Cassie is completely over. It's pretty sad. I'll miss having my pants scared off. Sad

PS - I haven't been on in like a month. I missed you guys! I'm trying to catch up. I laid low for a while because people were getting so ridiculous about religious debate and stuff. I'm glad to see that things are becoming enjoyable again.

Well, we're glad to have you back. Very Happy
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Well, we're glad to have you back. Very Happy

Thank you! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: