Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE][SOLVED] 12-10-06 Movie Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaww wrote:
How about this::

In breakfast club- what about when they're running away from Vernon, and they can't escape?

Bender runs through the halls SCREAMING, and is the martyr. He gets in trouble with Vernon, but spares the whole group by distracting Vernon, so that the rest of the kids can get back to the library safely.

(On the DVD, this is the scene called, 'being bad feels pretty good'.)

Could Bender = Tachy?

Good thinking! Smile
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute the movie - the sure thing - isn't on the list
brandoblues
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigma your matches have alot of errors in it, can you recheck it and fix it up?
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: [PUZZLE] Movie Scenes - What we have so far Reply with quote

[UPDATE]

We've noticed that there's a trend of clocks/times in the movies. Here is what we have so far:

GREMLINS: 11:35PM
FIGHTCLUB: 2:08AM
HOUSEPARTY: 3:36/3:37PM
SWINGERS: 2:32AM
BREAKFAST CLUB: 7:45AM (Judd in hall)
RISKY BUISNESS: 3:30PM
THREE O'CLOCK HIGH: 7:52/7:53AM
HEATHERS: 9:55PM (Approx)
CRUEL INTENTIONS: 2:15AM
THE SURE THING: Midnight (We're still not sure about this one!)
THE GAME: 10:05AM
HIDING OUT: 5:10PM
JUST ONE OF THE GUYS: 60minutes
BACK TO THE FUTURE: 8:09p.m.
WAR GAMES: 19:37:42

I just wanted to compile everything we have so far into one place:

1: 013131140590 Heathers (1989) : PILL
Quote is: Just after dawn, but before I'm lying.

I'm a little bit confused about which scene this references. The first mention of the Ich luge bullets is the night before they kill the jocks, which is before, not after dawn. But then after they kill the jocks (at dawn) the ich luge (i'm lying) bullets are mentioned again. So that's what I'm going with.

Here is the scene described:

Veronica tricks Kurt & Ram (the jocks) into stripping for her in the woods. JD jumps out and shoots one of the jocks. The other jock runs in his underwear. After JD chases him, the second jock is shot by Veronica. Two cops that were sitting in their car nearby hear the second shot and go to investigate. Veronica and JD arrange the bodies and plant the suicide note. JD reminds Veronica "just remember he's left-handed" when she plants the gun on the jock. JD & Veronica flee on foot thru the woods just as the cops arrive on the scene. One cop remains with the bodies and the other runs in the same direction as Veronica and JD. Veronica and JD jump into their station wagon, strip, and begin making out. The cop walks up to the car but doesn't disturb them - he never saw them running. The cop returns to the murder scene, and talks to the other cop. They interpret the deaths as a double sucicide because the jocks were homosexual lovers.

Veronica and JD arrive at school and nap in the car. When they wake up, they put cigarettes in their mouths and Veronica says "So we killed them, didn't we?" JD says "Of course". Veronica takes the car cigarette lighter and burns her hand with it. Jd lights his cigarette with Veronica's hand. Then Veronica says "Ich luge bullets - I'm such an idiot!"

Possible significance... lovers on the run (thanks TigerLily!) , sleeping in car.

start/end time: 47:45 to 54:06

A short plot summary of the movie. look at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097493/plotsummary

A detailed account of the scene, with attention to detail like times, location, colors, Ect. (above) JD wears a black trenchcoat...mineral water....ummm....nothing else really stands out that i haven't already mentioned
------------------------------

2: 025192212123 Back to the Future- 3: TILT
Quote is: Shortly after the final shotgun.

------------------------------

3: 786936197679 Swingers (Special Edition) (1996) : LUV
Quote is: This is late night decision making at its worst.

The scene in question is called "Short Term Relationship."
Time stamp is 58:41

Our friend "Mike" (Jon Favreau) is returning home from a night out with his friends where he has met a girl. She has given him her phone number and his friends have told him to wait at least a couple days before he calls.

The scene starts out with Mike entering his appartment. He checks his answering machine for any mesages, because he is hoping his ex will have called. He has no messages. It is 2:32 am and he decides to call Nikki, the girl who gave him her number at the bar (Brooke Langton.)

He calls and gets her answering machine. He leaves a message telling her to call him sometime, but he gets disconnected after only leaving part of his phone number.

He calls back to leave the number, but gets cut off again.

The third call is just him leaving his phone number really quick, and then rambling about how they should hang out.

He then calls back again, to tell Nikki that the reason he is acting strange is because he just got out of a 6 year relationship.

He is agitated now and calls her back again to ask her to call him when she gets in so that he can explain himself. He gets cut off again.

He calls back again, and essentially gives a break-up speech about how they should not see each other anymore and it's not her it's him. In the middle of his speech, Nikki answers the call and tells Mike never to call her again.

Nothing visual really stands out. He is standing in front of his desk where is phone sits. The desk is in front of a window. The desk has on it, a small plant, a book (entited, Hollywood) a lamp, and of course the phone. On the right side of the desk is a hat rack, on the left side, what looks like an air conditioner with books stacked on it, and a black and white picture hanging on the wall. The only color that really stands out is the pot that the plant is in. It is red.

The music is intrumental jazz. I have no idea what song or by who.

***A couple interesting things stood out to me, but I don't think they have anything to do with the actual puzzle. I'll list them anyways.

First the number 6. Mike was with his ex-girfriend for 6 years. He has been broken up with her for 6 months. He called Nikki 6 times.

Also earlier in the movie Vince Vaughn's character (Trent) talks about auditioning for a role in a movie. The name of the role was simply "Brother."
----------------------------

4: 013131140293 Hiding Out (1987)
Quote is: Eddie’ gets the girl (eventually).

-------------------
5: 794043485428 House Party (1990) : PANDA/BLUES
Quote is "Two words. Dick Gregory"

scene is at about 11 minutes

edit to add: just watched the scene, a clock on the wall says 3:36 or 37, and while kid and his dad are talking about his orange slushie called a Dick Gregory the phone rings and dad answers it, then says 'here its for you' to kid

Synopsis -- Kid is supposed to have a letter sent home about him from school today, but he wants to go to a party. He hopes to get home in time to intercept the letter before his father reads it.

Transcript of scene:
START TIME: 9:01

(Kid is walking home)

Kid: How mad could he be? Maybe the school didn't even call him.

(He checks the living room for the letter from school. It's not there. He is interrupted by the sound of a blender. It's his father.)
Father: Chris, I'm sure glad you're home. Sit down I need to talk to you.
Kid: Uh, what's up pop?
Father: Make me some Dick Gregory. Why, you want some?
Kid: Nah, no thanks pop.
Father: You know I need this stuff, boy. I got a weight problem. I can't wait to eat!
Kid: (going through the mail) Hey, uh, Pop, is this the only mail you got today?
Father: All I got s'some bills. Why, you wanna pay some of them?
Kid: (chuckles) Nah.

(The phone rings. Kid jumps up.)

Father: Hello ... Blelah? Bllo? Whatever your name is ... What you want? (hands the phone to Kid) It's for you.

Kid: I'll take it upstairs
Father: Now why them folks name that boy that African name ... knowing they from Cleveland.

------------------------
6: 024543000358 Fight Club: 2 Disc Special Edition (1999) : PANDA
Quote: LD188A

A few things:

First of all, Edward Norton's character doesn't have a name. So I'm referring to him as Norton in this transcript.

Secondly, if you haven't seen this movie and don't want the movie spoiled, don't read this.

TIME CLUE CAN BE SEEN: 1:55:24

It's not very clear if the scene we're supposed to study is before or after the numbers. I think it's after. Just in case, I'm putting both scenes in here:

Norton has just discovered that it is possible he is Tyler Durgin. He calls Marla to confirm.

Norton Voice over: Please return your seats back to their full, upright and locked position.

Norton calls Marla:

Marla: Yeah?
Norton: Marla, it's me. Have we ever done it?
Marla: Done what?
Norton: Have we ever had sex?
Marla: What kind of stupid question is that?
Norton: Is it stupid because the answer is yes or because the answer is no?
Marla: Is this a trick? Do you want to know if I thought we were just having sex or making love?
Norton: We did make love?
Marla: Is that what you're calling it?
Norton: Please Marla, just answer the question. Are we doing it or not?!

Marla: You f**k me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me a sensitive side, then you turn into a total a*****e. Is that a pretty accurate discription of our relationship, Tyler?

(Norton voiceover: "We have just lost cabin pressure".)

Norton: ...What did you just call me?
Marla: What is wrong with you?
Norton: What did you just call me? Say my name!
Marla: Tyler Durgin, Tyler Durgin, you fucking prick! What's going on? I'm coming over!
Norton: Marla, wait, I'm not there!

Tyler: You broke your promise.

(Tyler Durgin appears in a seat next to Norton)

Norton: Jesus, Tyler.
Tyler: You fucking talked to her about me!
Norton: What the f**k is going on here!
Tyler:I ask you for one thing, one simple thing.
Norton: Why do people think that I'm you? Answer me!
Tyler: Sit.
Norton: Answer me, why do people think that I'm you?
Tyler: I think you know.
Norton: No, I don't.
Tyler: Yes, you do. Why would anyone possibly confuse you for me?
Norton: I ... I don't know.

(Norton has a flashback of him doing actions that we previously saw Brad Pitt do in the movie in scenes before)

Tyler: You got it.
Norton: No ...
(Norton has another flash back ... this time he is saying "Do not f**k with us!" to the waiter they beat up in a scene prior.)

Tyler: Say it!
Norton: Because ...

(Flashback to the burn scene -- Edward Norton is buring his own hand this time.)

Tyler: Say it!
Norton: Because we're the same person.
Tyler: That's right.

(More flashbacks -- Norton saying "We are the all singing, all dancing ...")

Norton: I don't understand this.

Tyler: You were looking for a way to change your life. You could not do this on your own. All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you want to look, I f**k like you want to f**k. I am smart, capable and most importantly I am free in all the ways you are not.

(More flashbacks, this time of Norton telling Marla "Tyler isn't here, Tyler went away. Tyler's gone." Marla says "What?!")

Norton: This is impossible.This is crazy.

Tyler: No, people do it every day. They talk to themselves. They see themselves as they like to be. They don't have the courage you do to just run with it.

(A flashback to the first fight scene in the parking lot -- Norton is fighting himself.)

Tyler: Naturally, you're still wrestling with it so sometimes you're still you.

(Flashback to the night Tyler and Norton met -- Norton is talking to himself: "We should do this again sometime.")

Tyler: Other times, you imagine yourself watching me.

(Flashback: Norton saying "If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.")

Tyler: Little by little, you just letting yourself become ... Tyler Durgin.

(Flashback: Norton setting fire to the building in the prior scene "You are not your job!")

Norton: No, you have a house.
Tyler: It's in your name.
Norton: You have a job! You have a whole life!
Tyler: You have nine jobs because you can't sleep. Or you stay up and make soap.
Norton: Marla, you're fucking Marla, Tyler!
Tyler: Ah, technically, your fucking Marla. But it's all the same to her.

(A flashback to Norton sleeping with Marla)

Norton: Oh my God ....
Tyler: Now you see our dilema. She knows too much. We're going to have to talk about how this might compromise our goals.

Norton: ... What are you saying? This is bullshit, I'm not listening to this! You're insane!

Tyler: No, you're insane. And we simply do not have time for this crap!

Ed Norton faints, passes out on the bed.

(Norton Voiceover: "It's called a change over. The movie goes on , and nobody in the audience has any idea.")

Norton wakes up, the phone is off the hook. As he runs through the hotel lobby, the girl at the counter stops him.

Girl: Sir, are you checking out?
Norton: Uh, Bill me.
Girl: I need you to initial this list of phone calls.

(The camera scans over the list, you can see the number from the clue.)

Norton: When were these made?
Girl: It says it right here sir, between 2-3:30 this morning.
Norton: But I didn't ... (Realization dawns on his face)

(Norton flies back to the house he shared with Tyler)

Norton: Have i been going to bed earlier every night? Have I been sleeping later? Have I been Tyler longer and longer?

(The enters the house, it's empty. All the supplies are gone as well.)

Norton: Anyone here?

Voiceover: Dejavu ... all over again.

(He looks in the basement -- The tubs of soap are empty.)

(Flashback to Tyler saying "With enough soap, we can blow up almost anything.")

Norton: Oh my God.

(Norton Starts calls the numbers on the list.)

Guy: 1888 Franklin street.
Norton: 1888 Franklin street? (Norton looks on the wall .. the address is there.)
Guy: Yes, can I help you?
Norton: Yeah, I need to talk to your supervisor right away.
Guy: Speaking.
Norton: Okay, listen to me. I think something very terrible is about to happen to your buiding --
Guy: It's under control sir.
Norton: Excuse me?
Guy: It's under control sir. You don't need to worry about us. We're solid.

(As he continues to call the numbers, he realizes Tyler Durgin is going to try and blow up all those buildings, and the peopple who work in them are all in on Project Mayhem.)

(End Scene -- Next scene is him talking to Marla)
------------------

7: 025192315626 Breakfast Club (1985): MINTY
QUOTE: He is such a badass. His voice naturally has that sonic echo underneath it when he yells. It just takes a lot out of him.

The scene where Bender is fighting with the principal about detention...the principal makes a comment "I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if your not careful" the end of the scene is where Bender yells "f**k you" and his voice is echoed.

After he yells f**k you, the principal is standing in the hallway.

Next scene is a clock with the time 7:45 am.

------------------
8: 085391132325 Risky Business (1983) : FALL
Quote is: w: He knows too? Just don't tell anyone. And don’t cause disruptions in biology, no matter how slow the class may seem.

------------------

9: 025192365126 Three O'Clock High (1987) : DIA
Quote: No better way to start the day than gossiping about new students.

Scene is called "Buddy Revell" on the scene menu (second scene) and begins 7:25 into the movie.

There's ticking and then the clock is focused on and turns to 7:53ish with a loud click.

Board under clock says:
Weaver High School
W.H.S vs. Panthers
Kill 'em Tigers

[girls]
I'm telling you, this new guy's supposed to be a total psycho. I heard he broke another kid's neck at his last school.
He got kicked off the football team for pulling a knife on a coach.
All the coach did was grab him, and the guy goes nuts!
This guy's coming to our school?
Today

[boys]
After he broke that kid's neck, they tried to throw him in jail. The judge let him off.
This guy ought to be locked up.

[geek boys]
(Boy AND Geek boy): Did you hear what he did at Lincoln?
They were supposed to be dissecting these pregnant sand sharks but he refused to do it. He said sharks were his favorite animal.
Great. A psychotic shark lover.
So the teacher grabs him by the arm and tries to take him down to the office. Thing is, the teacher didn't know the guy was a touch freak.
Touch freak?
Yeah. He doesn't like to be touched by anybody. Put the teacher in the hospital for three days.
Just because he touched him? This guy is definitely on tilt.
[Girls] Guys!

[Punks]
That's not even the whole story. After he duked the science teacher, they send the dude into Continuation. And on the first day there, he got into a fight with the three baddest dudes. Seriously totaled their asses... at the same time!
Have you heard about his brass knuckles?
Brass knuckles? The dude has brass knuckles?
Yeah. Carries them with 'im and uses them on special occasions. He hit that Continuation dude...

[Jocks]
(Jock AND punk): ...so hard his nose flew off his face.
Seriously?
Totally serious. He's also got this thing about being touched.
I heard he one time broke a guy's neck just because he touched him.
Because he touched him?
He just decided he didn't like to be touched.
That's completely weird.
Does this guy play football?
No.
Good.
Used to though. Remember the guy who pulled a knife on his coach?
Yeah.
That's him.
Jesus.

Main characters...didn't catch their names. (g = girl, b = boy)
G: He was in Continuation. He took a swing at one of his teachers. And these guys aren't your average history types. They're like ex-cops or something. I heard they carry guns.
B: He came here from Continuation?
G: Uh-huh. That's why they call it Continuation: so you can continue murdering people and still graduate.
B: what's this guy's name, anyway?

Car engine revving. Guy steps out of car, torn jeans, shaggy hair +leather jacket. Leans on car and looks smug. Back to G+B.

G: His name's Buddy Revell.

Sinister music as the guy walks into the school and people stare.

Then it cuts to G+B and it's the finances of the school store.
----------------

A: 027616705624 WarGames (1983): ZIZ
Quote is: This last minute strategy makes sense as a failsafe, but why wouldn’t you give yourself an even better window to work within?

It's learned that "Joshua" starts sending launch codes itself.

1:32 into scene 28, you get a close up of a screen at one of the silos. It's for the launch code, target selections, etc. Changes locked out.

PART ONE: launch code that's half cut off
PART TWO: 19:37:42

So there's our time!!

At 2:20 in scene 28, the lady (whose name I don't know, I haven't watched the whole movie) says, "At this rate, it'll hit the launch codes in 5.3 minutes." So there's the window!

W = woman
G = General
M = Mikkitery (I'm sure that's spelled wrong.)

W: At this rate, it'll hit the launch codes in 5.3 minutes.
G: Mr. Mikkitery? After very careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.
M: I don't have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of sh!t!
G: I was hoping for something a little better than that from you, a man of your education.
RandomGuy: General. It's the president.
M: W-w-what are you gonna tell him?
G: I'm ordering our bombers back to failsafe.

!!! That's 2:54 into scene 28.

G: We might have to go through this thing after all.

Then it cuts to an empty silo again, but no screen this time, then the launch code being hacked. There are no times after this.

Then there's all the tic tac toe stuff, blahblahblah. The launch code is CPE1704TKO. Ziz and Lad said something about 1704 being the time, but the other showing of time is sooo much closer, followed by the window they had and the mention of failsafe. But lad thought I should mention it
-----------------

B: 085392282623 Gremlins (Special Edition) (1984) : PANDA
Quote is: Going through changes, lots of changes.

Scene Starts: 41:58
Scene Ends: 42:33

Synopsis:
The night before, the owner of the Mogwai's (I think his name's Billy?) fed the "evil" Mogwai's some chicken. Although he THOUGHT he followed the rules and fed them before midnight, those sneaky little Gremlins cut the cord to the clock radio making it appear to be 11:30pm.

As a result of feeding the Mogwai after midnight, Peter wakes up to find the Mogwai in cocoon stage, in the process of turning into Gremlins.

Here is the transcript of the scene:

(Billy takes the Gremlins a scientist to observe thier transformation. His friend [I don't know the character's name, but it's Cory Feldman!] comes along. )

In the begining of the scene, Cory Feldman is touching the membrane of the cocoon. It's very slimey and gross.

Cory Feldman: Yuccckk! What'd you say this way called, a putrid stage?
Scientist: Pupil. A pupil stage.
Cory Feldman: Like the butterfly?
Scientist: Yeah, right. Right. This is a, a cocoon. And inside it's going through changes. Lots of changes.
Cory Feldman: Like my mother?
Scientist: Uh, no. That's different. This is called a metamorphisis. It's a change in form, and in appearance.

End Scene.
--------------------

C: 044004783521 The Game (1997) : BLUE

Quote is: The county recorder has no listing for Consumer Recreation Service or any derivation thereof.

Interesting Note: The premise of The Game is essentially a gigantic ARG, which Michael Douglas receives as a gift. The company that is the puppetmaster of these elaborate ARG's is called "Consumer Recreation Service."

HERE IS THE SCENE IN QUESTION (Based on the Script):

Preceding the Quote: Michael Douglas (Nicholas) gets in a taxi, after his car breaks down. The taxi speeds away, and suddenly Nicholas realizes that it is not going where he intended. He notices the doors and windows are locked, and he is seperated from the driver by a glass partition. This is part of the (arg) Game. The driver opens his door and rolls out of the moving car, just before the taxi goes flying into the San Francisco (significance?) Bay. Nicholas finally is able to crank the window open, and swims to the top where he sees a boat. On the boat, a woman gives him spare clothes (which fit him perfectly), and then she tries to seduce him. (Jonas??) She is gorgeous. This is also part of the game, the audience realizes. Nicholas is NOT interested, as he is fed up with this game.

Scene with the Quote: We cut to Nicholas meeting two police officers. He wants the game to stop, so he goes to the PM's offices. And...

" REVEAL: this huge room, once filled with cubicles far as the
eye could see, is now entirely EMPTY. Trash. Dust.
Fixtures jutting from the floor."

The office is destroyed. We cut back to Nicholas' office and here comes the quote...

FEMALE DETECTIVE
"Management for the building says that
space hasn't been officially rented
yet. The county recorder has no
listing for "Consumer Recreation
Services" or any derivation thereof.
No sign of the boat or the girl.
We're checking escort services, but
it's unlikely. Divers are looking
for the taxi, and soon as they find
it they'll pull the plates and V.I.N."

The Puppetmasters are clearly doing a good job of staying hidden. The remainder of the scene goes through basically a recap of what has already been done to Nicholas because of The Game, and how the police are dealing with it. Here is a snippet...

FEMALE DETECTIVE
The photos, gun, the clown, the
ambulance, cable box, everything
else... it's all pending.
(shuts notebook)
Breaking and entering we have, solid.
Malicious mischief, vandalism,
harassment. But, that's about all.

SUTHERLAND
Illegal surveillance, reckless
endangerment...

NICHOLAS
Attempted murder.

MALE DETECTIVE
Except... you said you hired these
people.

SUTHERLAND

That's irrelevant.

MALE DETECTIVE
It's our job to let you know what we
have. We haven't got motive.

Basically, this arg seeks its player, instead of the opposite. Michael Douglas is trying to contact the PM's, but they are gone. He's like this sucks, man. What the Hell am I going to do. Thats aboot it. Hope this is was at all helpful.

EDIT: From Imdb.com

The Movie was apparently based on a REAL game. This real game is described as...

"The real Game is, more-or-less, a Ph.D. caliber scavenger hunt. It's also a team event. There is no prize money. Each team's entry fee is $25,000; limited to ten teams. All of the entry money is donated to charity. The game is actually supported by several wealthy benefactors, including Microsoft's 'Bill Gates' . Each team consists of one van full of players - usually four to six people. A series of clues, often in the form of puzzles, must be solved; each clue's answers lead to the next clue. Teams travel from clue to clue, until reaching the finish line. The winners typically take about 24 hours to finish. Often the clues are so intricate and choreographed that they approximate small theatrical productions, occasionally employing a dozen or more actors."

Sounds fun. Ok thats all for now.

Edit 2: Maybe helpful DROP Clues:

"The movie was filmed primarily in San Francisco, including Hotel Nikko and the Filoli Gardens *this is 25 miles south of SF* and House (Woodside)"

EDIT 3: I Don't know how I missed this! (Thanks blue), Directly after the tachyon quote is uttered:

MALE DETECTIVE
Have you gotten in touch with your
brother?

NICHOLAS
He hasn't called back.
-----------------------------

D: 027616865748 Sure Thing (Special Edition) (1985) : FALL
Quote is: Talk about creating trends in geek culture. Not only the obvious, but also the geek rage manifestation of punching doors.

---------------------------------

E: 043396026575 Just One of the Guys (1985)
Quote is: Quote is: Those damn cults.

I can't put the chapter, because I watched VHS, but the scene is sometime in the middle.

Buddy is helping (and hitting on) a friend with her algebra homework. Kevin is sitting there waiting for Terry. She was supposed to be home but wasnt. After trying to get kevin to leave, Buddy says:

Buddy: OK! I can't keep this from you any longer. Terry moved to oregon to join a religious cult that she heard about on 60 minutes. The letter will explain it all ::cries:: you should go now.

Terry: KEVIN!

Buddy: TERRY! You're back form the religious cult!

(quotes may not be exact. I apologize)

---------------------------------

F: 043396038271 Cruel Intentions (1999) : : SparkyB Quote is: Probably grounded? She looks so young for her age.

I'm pretty certain we are right about F: 043396038271 Cruel Intentions being "o: Probably grounded? She looks so young for her age."

Here's two possible pieces of dialog:
DVD Chapter 14
0:39:20
Katherine: "I think there's something going on between Ceceile and her music teacher"
Mrs. Caldwell: "Ronald? that's crazy."
Katherine: "I know, she's so young, and he's so"
Mrs. Caldwell: "Black."
Katherine: "He's been sending her love letters that she hides under her dollhouse."

DVD Chapter 16
0:47:25
Sebastian: "Oh wow. She doesn't know you're here. In fact, you're probably grounded."

Last edited by Sad Panda on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:15 am; edited 14 times in total
quizzoc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Take on How to Do this Puzzle

From Tachyon's profile, after decoded:

Match the quote/scene/sequence (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE). Watch and compare the lowercase scene in each UPPERCASE movie to find a pattern that will determine how you handle the UPPERCASE letters/numbers.

So, I think this tells us that these movies are NOT just pieces of the OP/TACH story, they are clues to a puzzle. Obviously, we need to COMPARE the lowercase scenes (time, maybe), so we can HANDLE the uppercase letters. Something will be done with the uppercase letters!

Also, from Tachy's profile

Finding the Order is simple. As long as you watch each one closely (and can spare the hours, of course). With any luck you'll work past any 'identity' issues to make the necessary connections as well.

I think the word ORDER here is key. She is not referring to the order with deacons and watchers, but rather the numerical or alphabetical order. So, I think we need to find the order of the uppercase numbers and letters!! Also, the word "hours" might refer to the time being important.

Well, thats my take. Thoughts??

EDIT: spare the hours If we get rid of the hour where these scenes are mentioned, and just look at the minutes, this is possibly how to compare the scenes. Spare the hours = get rid of them??
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going off the first page of this topic......but there I noticed that The Sure Thing isn't even on that list.

So I don't know if v and D is right, and y and 4. Anyone know for sure?

Edited to take out the John Cusack link - Hiding out is John Cryer, Sure Thing is John Cusack.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigma117 wrote:
I was going off the first page of this topic......but there I noticed that The Sure Thing isn't even on that list.

So I don't know if v and D is right, and y and 4. Anyone know for sure?

Edited to take out the John Cusack link - Hiding out is John Cryer, Sure Thing is John Cusack.

We had someone in chat watching that and they said that it doesn't fit. That was our method of elimination match. As the top pages says, all answers subject to change.
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - so if we "Match the quote (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE)", we get this:

lEm5n7oFp3q9r2s1t6uBv4w8xCyDzA

Which doesn't do much for me. But Tach's actually said "Match the quote/scene/sequence (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE)"

so....if we need to get the times on all of these....oooooohhh boyyy. I got the time on the one I found, lol...thats all I know.
dreamerose
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another thought on what we might need from this puzzle... since I don't really expect this is the last step, yet--- just a piece we need for the next step.

She told us that we need to find the order of the 1-9 A-F list... so we order them from the list of movie quotes/descriptions...

and get a scrambed list that we will need to use in a substitution for our next puzzle?

something like:
Code:
our list: E57F39216B48CDA
real hex: 123456789ABCDEF

(if this is the way our list turns out)

and then apply hex to it? Maybe?

("It" being a hypothetical something that we don't have yet...)

Last edited by dreamerose on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigma117 wrote:
Ok - so if we "Match the quote (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE)", we get this:

lEm5n7oFp3q9r2s1t6uBv4w8xCyDzA

Which doesn't do much for me. But Tach's actually said "Match the quote/scene/sequence (in lowercase) to the movie (in UPPERCASE)"

so....if we need to get the times on all of these....oooooohhh boyyy. I got the time on the one I found, lol...thats all I know.

Looks like once we have the pairs and the order we may have base64
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCENE FOUND: House Party "Two words: Dick Gregory"

Synopsis -- Kid is supposed to have a letter sent home about him from school today, but he wants to go to a party. He hopes to get home in time to intercept the letter before his father reads it.

Transcript of scene:
START TIME: 9:01

(Kid is walking home)

Kid: How mad could he be? Maybe the school didn't even call him.

(He checks the living room for the letter from school. It's not there. He is interrupted by the sound of a blender. It's his father.)
Father: Chris, I'm sure glad you're home. Sit down I need to talk to you.
Kid: Uh, what's up pop?
Father: Make me some Dick Gregory. Why, you want some?
Kid: Nah, no thanks pop.
Father: You know I need this stuff, boy. I got a weight problem. I can't wait to eat!
Kid: (going through the mail) Hey, uh, Pop, is this the only mail you got today?
Father: All I got s'some bills. Why, you wanna pay some of them?
Kid: (chuckles) Nah.

(The phone rings. Kid jumps up.)

Father: Hello ... Blelah? Bllo? Whatever your name is ... What you want? (hands the phone to Kid) It's for you.

Kid: I'll take it upstairs
Father: Now why them folks name that boy that African name ... knowing they from Cleveland.
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, how about this, lol....

In another topic here, someone was saying that the following two quotes from Tachyons main page were from "Better off Dead" with John Cusack:

Lately, I am not having the easiest time with the situation i am in. But i can handle it, right? What other choice do I have?

///

"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." (more) (less)

I know one movie in this puzzle has John Cusack - The sure thing - is he in any others? Perhaps that what she meant in "work past any identity issues"
dreamerose
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB mentions (in the goofs section for Sure Thing) that the guy in teaches the girl to "shotgun" beer... perhaps that line goes with Sure Thing rather then Back to the Future...

Is there anywhere in Back to the Future where Marty gets mad and punches something? (Been years since I've seen it... but I was thinking Marty character got mad at the Doc and hit something (the car?) in one of the movies... )

Edited to add: I've found a reference to Marty hitting his head on the car door... that may be what I'm remembering.
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - I put this into Dec/Char:

E57F39216B48CAD

and got 900 in text. Since I don't know what I am doing, lol, I email Tachyon, and asked if the answer was a time - 9:00. I accidentally sent it to her 3 times, lol.

Her answer:

Tachyon wrote:

> multiple answers that fit together nicely, i'd say.
quizzoc
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I just got an email from tachyon:

I sent her two messages:

To: Tachyon
Videos (7) | Favorites (7) | Friends (2)

Sent: December 10, 2006, 03:53 PM
Read: December 10, 2006, 03:58 PM
Subject: Hey Tach!
Hey, I've never messaged you before but...

After watching the movies (with many spared HOURS), I think I will find the ORDER any MINUTE/SECOND now. Do you think I'm on the right track?

AND

Subject: Time
Hmmmm, Should I be looking for the hours on something other than the DVD player?

I also attached the video of coldplay's clocks in this message!

THIS WAS HER RESPONSE:

Videos (7) | Favorites (7) | Friends (2)

Sent: December 10, 2006, 05:39 PM
Subject: Time
you have to look closely, but to do it right you really have to spare the hours.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: