Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Choosing Sides
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katz31 wrote:
Tbis is going to turn into 3 sides:

1. OpAphid's followers
2. Tachyon's followers
3. Tachyon's followers who are allowed in the secret chat

And what happens to the game if someone from group 3 recovers the next dead drop?
katz31
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if there are only two sides, what's going to happen if one of the sides has no one in SoCal? The other side will get all the drops.

Edited: Because I shouldn't try to type after taking benadryl.
covedweller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and was able to get into the #tachyon room.

Maybe it was an error? Apparently, Ravensgrace was MIA for a few days. No one was in the room when I checked.

So much for a mystery 3rd side! Laughing
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the topic is : a place to discuss the phone calls without ruining it for the rest. i dont think anythings gone on there for a while
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
katz31
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is #Tachyon supposed to be the invite only room?
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katz31 wrote:
Is #Tachyon supposed to be the invite only room?

It was. I just checked a few hours ago, and it was opened up.
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go...Tachyon followers can listen to reason apparantly.

Good to know.

Now we can ARG in peace.

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
Mordrack
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the main problem is, that we have so far no means of communicating ooc or without Op reading it. And if you want to be on Tachs side it would be just plain stupid to post something where Op can read it.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordrack wrote:
IMO the main problem is, that we have so far no means of communicating ooc or without Op reading it. And if you want to be on Tachs side it would be just plain stupid to post something where Op can read it.

Wordikins.

We need the PMs to respect this board as OOG. Then the double agent fun can begin.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
Mordrack wrote:

Wordikins.

We need the PMs to respect this board as OOG. Then the double agent fun can begin.

Even if Op pretends not to read anything here, the Opheads will relate to her whatever they do read here, and she can't ignore them, can she?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:
Mordrack wrote:

Wordikins.

Even if Op pretends not to read anything here, the Opheads will relate to her whatever they do read here, and she can't ignore them, can she?

It's a game. We can set rules. It can be made clear that only side A has a bit of information and side B can't find out and tell the related character and such. I just want to play the game and if sides lock down then I can't/won't play and I don't think that this is a minority opinion.

What sucks here is that Tachyon doesn't talk to anyone (that we know of) so her side is inactive in comparison. Also, most games have a clear good and evil and everyone aligns good except for a few who act as double agents and pull info from the evil side for the good side to work with. Ambiguity doesn't play well.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:

It's a game. We can set rules. It can be made clear that only side A has a bit of information and side B can't find out and tell the related character and such. I just want to play the game and if sides lock down then I can't/won't play and I don't think that this is a minority opinion.

What sucks here is that Tachyon doesn't talk to anyone (that we know of) so her side is inactive in comparison. Also, most games have a clear good and evil and everyone aligns good except for a few who act as double agents and pull info from the evil side for the good side to work with. Ambiguity doesn't play well.

I agree. I think both teams would benefit from cooperation, however different the long term strategy might be for each.

Yeah unless Tachyon sits down and starts responding messages her team will end up talking to Op or just quiting.

Someone should send Op this message: "Hey dear Op, if Tachy doesn't respond to her poor followers we might be able to declare victory by forfeit, right? That'd be so sad for them, should we pity them?" Hopefully Op the PM will get a clue...
Cassie_xx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which side to choose. I mean, what is an ARG, exactly? A real life game? Like with the drops and such?
Plus I read one subject (can't remember what the topic was..I think emailing OpAphid on YT or something..) saying they heard it was dangerous to call//email an ARG.
Maybe i'm just blabbing nonsense like a noob.
Which I am, sort of... xD;;
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassie_xx wrote:
I'm not sure which side to choose. I mean, what is an ARG, exactly? A real life game? Like with the drops and such?
Plus I read one subject (can't remember what the topic was..I think emailing OpAphid on YT or something..) saying they heard it was dangerous to call//email an ARG.

Why is it dangerous?

Team OpAphid

"Never interrupt a voodoo doctor."
"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helix52 wrote:
Cassie_xx wrote:

Why is it dangerous?

I think this may have come from earlier Cassie discussion. Cassie's drops at the Swimming! location was a 2 hour+ hike each way with poor to nil cellphone signal. There was also the cave paranoia and different groups filming other people at the first drop.

In a game someone contacted an individual player to arrange an incharacter meeting. She told the community who contacted a verified in game character and they were able to stop the meeting which had turned out to be a fake.

ARGs are normally safe. PMs like to have the chance to run othergames so they do not spam or sell email addys or phone numbers. Drops should be gone to in daylight and with others if possible. I'm not aware of any incidents outside of the close call. Another reason to not have a closed game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: