Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vernal Equinox and Crowley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband asked me if I knew it was fake, the other day. Confused I gave him the blank look of doom.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would seem a good time to set the ball rolling for some sort of ceremony-based storyline.

My only problem with this theory is that ceremonies are conducted every year on the spring equinox. In Bree's "religion" this is supposed to be a ceremony that is only done once in a great while -- some special kind of ceremony.

I hope, though, that this does get the ball rolling back towards the Order and the Ceremony. I'm not loving the love triangle thing going on in this last video.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total agreement!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
theresascraps
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreement here too! I am sick of the teen angst stuff, bring on the excitement

Theresa
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theresascraps wrote:
agreement here too! I am sick of the teen angst stuff, bring on the excitement

Theresa

Quoting this for emphasis if the Creators read it! AGREED.

I don't know if they will use this particular ceremony. Like someone said, Bree's ceremony is supposed to be a rare one. I always theorized it would relate to astronomy or astrology.. I don't know though. They also have tried pretty hard to branch away from Thelema, as many have found the Thelemic indications offensive. I don't mean to discourage you from research, you've made a great find. I love researching myself, even if it never really reflects the actual series. I'm just pointing out that the Creators may be afraid to use a huge Thelemic holiday for the ceremony; it might portray an exaggerated 'evil' side of the religion.
theresascraps
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering that the first "ceremony" took place on Friday the 13th, I figured that maybe they liked dates and the next biggie for all types of religions is indeed the vernal equinox......

Theresa
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...Friday the 13th...1307. On this day the Knights Templar were executed all throughout Europe... Illuminati

Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFF_TOPIC*

Because I haven't had enough coffee yet, I just watched Kas' to Illuminate smileys blink together for WAAAAYYYY to long....
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwahahahaha! Twisted Evil

*edit* holy crap! I watched them because they were out of sync with each other...didnt' think they'd do that, haha.

Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to move this to Her Religion, if that's ok, since this is focused on Crowley and her religion, and we need to spark more discussion there when possible (and since Plot Discussion has so many ongoing topics, some may get lost!). Smile
theresascraps
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks BrokenKid! I figured it was in the wrong place.

Theresa
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear some things up:

March 20th is the Feast for the Supreme Ritual. While it's a holy day, it's not considered much more than an anniversary of Year 0. It does mark the beginning of the holy season.

Aries 0°, or the Equinox of the Gods, is the "real" first day of the year, and that date fluctuates on the Gregorian calendar, as it's dependent upon, well, when Aries is at 0° Sol.

The most important dates in the Thelemic Calendar are on April 8,9, and 10th. All are equally important, as they celebrate when the Book of the Law was dictated, and mark the end of the holy season. If one would choose which is the most important, I personally would choose the 10th. The 20th is celebrated (by most OTO bodies, at least) with an invocation to Horus, much as Crowley did it originally in 1904 (only with many more people). The 10th is also an invocation to Horus, but it is towards the Ra-Hoor-Khuit aspect of Horus, the Ruler of the Aeon. It's directed specifically towards the Thelemic current than the Supreme Ritual.

Now, technically, the holy season is 22 days long, from the Supreme Ritual to RHK, so if they wanted to make the storyline *really* fit into Thelema, they would release 22 different videos, one for each day of the holy days. They could even make them correspond with the path of the Fool. I would truly be impressed if they did that. To me, the only Thelemic elements they've included are ones that would make Wiki-scholars say "Ooh! it's Thelema". Thelemites just laugh at how wrong they've portrayed it.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theresascraps wrote:
Well, it is their highest holiday. I entered Vernal Equinox Crowley in google and came across a lot of info. What I found striking was that it is the BIG holiday to these people and a VERY IMPORTANT ceremony takes place....It is also the atart of the high holy time.....

Theresa

It's the period of time during which Crowley received the information he needed to channel the Book of the Law.

We mostly celebrate it with a potluck these days, although my lodge did a full-blown Horus invocation in 2004.
N+++ Dsr A+ a+ C G+++ QH+++
666++++ Y+
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:
theresascraps wrote:
Well, it is their highest holiday. I entered Vernal Equinox Crowley in google and came across a lot of info. What I found striking was that it is the BIG holiday to these people and a VERY IMPORTANT ceremony takes place....It is also the atart of the high holy time.....

Theresa

It's the period of time during which Crowley received the information he needed to channel the Book of the Law.

We mostly celebrate it with a potluck these days, although my lodge did a full-blown Horus invocation in 2004.

we do the invocation every year! Smile well, we did last year, and we're doing it again this year (I think), but we're not even doing it on the 20th

what's your lodge? pm me. Smile
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
theresascraps
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have a question for you then. I mean no disrespect, please don't think I do. If you are a member of Thelema, do you believe in God? Or what else?
thanks
I am just curious....

theresa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: