Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0114 "Hiding in the Bathroom" [1/13/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetie55 wrote:
Finally some answers! Yes! What could make them change at puberty that they wouldn't want those other girls? All I can think of is PMS...okay I'll stop with that idea. Embarassed

I'm thinking that the Order performs some sort of genetic and/or physiological test when the girl hits puberty, which is what the Ceremony is for. The injections, pills and special diet relate to this, in that they change a girl's body chemistry, and the exact nature of the injections/pills/food/physiology interaction helps tell the Order whether or not the girl is one of the chosen. The Ceremony itself could be some sort of test as to whether or not the injections, food and pills are doing what they are supposed to do. And it's likely that the Order pays close attention to ribozymes. It could be as simple as eye color, but I don't think so. Nice idea, though Smile, and it might be one of the indicators.
parakeet100
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that Daniel has mentioned on multiple occasions that his parents don't care where he is. Is it possible that they know where he is? I agree with the theory that he has somehow been placed in Bree's life on purpose.

I still think the original plan was to sacrifice Bree. She was put on a special diet, given injections, and had to maintain a "purity bond". It makes sense that they were trying to stave off her menstruation and keep her as "pure" as possible.

Interesting... Bree doesn't know her real parents. Jonas' parents disappeared, and Daniel's parents don't care where he is or what he's doing. Wonder if there's a connection...
jenlight
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parakeet100 wrote:

I agree with the theory that he has somehow been placed in Bree's life on purpose.

I hope there are few coincidences in the breeverse. I like fatalism in my fiction Smile
lookinginonyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i haven't read the whole thread, so if I'm beating a dead horse, sorry bout that.. but if she was supposed to be in a controlled environment, why would she be allowed to go to public school? Mom always took her side, so since she's high up, meaning she probably wanted Bree to go through with the ceremony, who allowed that to happen? Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts. And, YAY! for information!!
sthrnbelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parakeet100 wrote:
I still think the original plan was to sacrifice Bree. She was put on a special diet, given injections, and had to maintain a "purity bond". It makes sense that they were trying to stave off her menstruation and keep her as "pure" as possible.

i remember reading a while back that the pills that she was taking were iron pills. if the order didn't want her to start menstruation, then they wouldn't give her these; low iron levels decrease the chances of girls starting their period. women who have unnaturally long or heavy periods also are encouraged to take iron supplements to make up for blood they lost.
aideen
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoruba wrote:
Females seem to play an important role in the Order.
Her mother is higher than her father, only girls are chosen, OpAphid is female herself,..

Maybe the Order isn't so bad... Wink

I actually expected more talk about who Bree's real parents are, her blood-related ones. Noones really mentioned it, not even Bree. If I found out my parents weren't my real parents, I'd wonder who were, and how I came to be with my foster parents in the first place. I mean, was I kidnapped, put up for adoption, abandoned, sold (?), my parents told I was dead, blahblah. But Bree hasn't seemed to even think about this, let alone us forumgoers. I just want to know how Bree's real parents could have given her to these Order peoples. Unless it is similar to the Avian race and there's a building somewhere full of captured pregnant women whose children will be taken away at birth Crying or Very sad

"Hi! We're here to take you to Six Flags, little girl. But first we wanna tie you up".
~Jonas [My Lover]

I like funfunfun Wink
nakita
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
That part of the Carrie was so strange. It was pretty obvious that Stephen King had never experienced his first period.

I thought it was kind of smart of him. He was writing from the perspective of a 17 year old girl who lived a religious, sheltered, lonely life; Carrie had never had a real friend. How many people can actually relate to that, and how many of those people will actually pick up a King book?

(sorry, off-topic, I know, but I'm a huge King fan)

Proud member of the Jonas is Sexy Club!
nakita
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add: There was some talk back here about eye color, and how it might relate to Bree being special. I just wanted to remind everyone that Bree had a lazy eye, it was on one of the early vids (really early, second or third, I think)

Proud member of the Jonas is Sexy Club!
eerbree
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:

Allowing Daniel to spend all that time in Bree's room with the door closed was part of the test to see if she was suitable for the ceremony. Remember, OPAPHID had cameras in Bree and Daniel's room the whole time. They would know if there was any flirting or sex going on at least in the bedrooms. They were able to observe the dynamic between the two. It was one way that they were able to determine that Bree was the one for the ceremony. That was one reason why her sneaking out so upset her dad. It took her out of the petri dish where OP could observe her.

Is that true? Do we KNOW that OpAphid had cameras in their bedrooms the whole time? I was under the impression that they were placed there when they left. When and how did we find out that they were always there?
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakita wrote:
JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
That part of the Carrie was so strange. It was pretty obvious that Stephen King had never experienced his first period.

I thought it was kind of smart of him. He was writing from the perspective of a 17 year old girl who lived a religious, sheltered, lonely life; Carrie had never had a real friend. How many people can actually relate to that, and how many of those people will actually pick up a King book?

(sorry, off-topic, I know, but I'm a huge King fan)

Yeah I know. But the way he described was like ..well I'm not gonna go into details. But it wasn't the way girls usually have periods. Unless I'm diseased and I don't know it. Ahaha.

Have you read On Writing? It's amazing. Do you know he actually hates Carrie? He thinks it's his worst book.
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eerbree wrote:
AM wrote:

Allowing Daniel to spend all that time in Bree's room with the door closed was part of the test to see if she was suitable for the ceremony. Remember, OPAPHID had cameras in Bree and Daniel's room the whole time. They would know if there was any flirting or sex going on at least in the bedrooms. They were able to observe the dynamic between the two. It was one way that they were able to determine that Bree was the one for the ceremony. That was one reason why her sneaking out so upset her dad. It took her out of the petri dish where OP could observe her.

Is that true? Do we KNOW that OpAphid had cameras in their bedrooms the whole time? I was under the impression that they were placed there when they left. When and how did we find out that they were always there?

Actually, now that I've had time to examine it, they probably weren't always there. We don't know for sure one way or the other but when I looked at it again this morning there are a couple of reasons why my theory of last night could well be wrong. On Opaphid's youtube account it says:
Quote:
House sitting is just one of the courtesies we provide our members, on a case by case basis.

In limited instances, we are also willing to extend this service to a friend or associate (as we deem necessary).
House sitting is something you do when people are away, not at home.

Also, in Undisclosed Location, Daniel mentions that he discovered the video camera because it interfered with his cell phone, so obviously it hadn't been there prior to he and Bree being 'on the run' or he'd have noticed it. Shame. At 2:00 in the morning, I thought I'd really discovered something. Oh well.

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
Joyleaf
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kanazaka wrote:
Wow Shocked , maybe the Creators do value our input and this is indeed an interactive series. Many of us have theorized that Bree's mom is a higher-up in the Order, and now Bree tells us that she is. The same holds true for the chosen parents theory and the "Chosen One Bree" theory. I haven't gone back and read the previous posts yet, but I will do so and post my thoughts on those.

Does make it problematic to understand things in retrospect, though. I mean, if they make the stories on the brainstorming here, as cool as the interaction is, it doesn't leave us a trail of clues to understand--it leaves us with a realm of infinite possibility as the story takes whatever unanticipated turns look attractive, as provided in the forum.

If that is in fact the case, then microanalysis of past dialogue and whatnot will not yield any new hints; rather, our suggestions may be manifested, but there's nothing to find, since it's only tied together after the fact.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joyleaf wrote:
Kanazaka wrote:
Wow Shocked , maybe the Creators do value our input and this is indeed an interactive series. Many of us have theorized that Bree's mom is a higher-up in the Order, and now Bree tells us that she is. The same holds true for the chosen parents theory and the "Chosen One Bree" theory. I haven't gone back and read the previous posts yet, but I will do so and post my thoughts on those.

Does make it problematic to understand things in retrospect, though. I mean, if they make the stories on the brainstorming here, as cool as the interaction is, it doesn't leave us a trail of clues to understand--it leaves us with a realm of infinite possibility as the story takes whatever unanticipated turns look attractive, as provided in the forum.

If that is in fact the case, then microanalysis of past dialogue and whatnot will not yield any new hints; rather, our suggestions may be manifested, but there's nothing to find, since it's only tied together after the fact.

Yeah, I've had issues with this for a LONG time....and still haven't gotten answer from the Creators about it. Mad
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakita wrote:
Just wanted to add: There was some talk back here about eye color, and how it might relate to Bree being special. I just wanted to remind everyone that Bree had a lazy eye, it was on one of the early vids (really early, second or third, I think)

I posted this in the Plot area but it could go here too:

It could also be a foreshadowing to Bree's other alter, Cassie, and who knows how many other alters she could have in that wacky head of hers. The "lazy eye" reference might be a metaphor. She says when she was 4 she learned to see the world from a completely different point of view (cassie) and that the correction of the lazy eye was done by putting a monkey into a cage. We can interpret that a few ways....P. Monkey controls Bree, but Cassie controls P.Monkey (i.e. puts him in a cage) I have a feeling she is no where near alone inside...she just doesn't realize it yet.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its still so strange. remember she said that her mother used to side with her? hmmmm maybe that meant in other situations, meaning that the female is dominant in their society?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: