Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0070 Learning Egyptian [11/9/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory: Since believability is good in any entertainment medium, the creators have researched (a little) to invent a "society" which is loosely based on bits of reality: Crowley, Thelema, Dendorah, etc.

BUT... They can't use a real religion, especially if they wish to portray a dangerous group. Without a doubt, they would be sued. Calling it "the order" removes any possible reference to any real group (be it a religion, society, cult, mafia, political party or otherwise.)

It's for similar reasons that phone numbers in movies always begin with 555. (If I recall correctly, the song "867-5309" created a few problems.)
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:
"Daniel Smacks His P-Monkey"

Ow. It's painful, but I love it.
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask and ye' shall receive...a new vid, that is.
MOTEL POOL!
ford0067
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I could only get through 5 pages of this before I had to respond, so if someone already pointed this out after page 5 sorry.

First: The clues on this website. I posted about this a long time ago. Here :http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1622&highlight=

This site was always designed from a fan perspective. Just because it was the official place to go does not take away the fact that it has always been part of the story (IMHO). It was built to look like a fan site and play a role in the story.

Second: It seems everyone is confusioning Bree's "Religion" with the ceremony stuff. Long ago I thought it was clear that while possibly related in some loose fashion they were not the same thing. Bree and her family are members of a religion that she does not wish to discuss because people don't understand or whatever. She was selected to take part in a ceremony which her parents are not even part of , thus not her religion.

Maybe I am way off on this but I sort of always thought this was clear. I wish we could get some clarification on some of this stuff from someone in charge ... Creators ... hint hint Smile

OK back to read the last 7 pages or so to see if I just made an idiot of myself.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it was addressed later than pg. 5 or not, but I remember talking about this...er....somewhere else in the forum? It gets confusing Laughing But there are often different 'levels' of religions or societies...where a lower level may not know anything much about the high levels and what they do. It seems that Bree was 'chosen' or 'special'...so she would be able to become a higher level, participate in this ceremony that is a higher level...and her parents couldn't because they were not of that status. I hope I made sense here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: