Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode 0079 Survival Skills [11/20/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
DontHaveAClue wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
Going through things is just confusing me...i mean, I remember when OpAphid first showed up. We were still dealing with cassie voicemails...and supposedly OpAphid gamejacked her. My question...is since OpAphid is so surely rooted in the initial CiW stuff...do we take any of our CiW stuff with us on this, or what? What happened to CiW...it was good enough to rip off, that's it? Just confused...

I interpreted that as an evidence the LG15 extended crew (Creators+OpAphid) did gamejack CiW and hastened its downfall. I might be wrong, but that's part of why I'm a little upset at the Creators for the whole OpAphid = official ARG. Evil or Very Mad

Oh, now that's not nice. Evil or Very Mad

Like I said, I might be wrong. I wrote a message to the Creators about that. They did not bother answering.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how many of us wouldn't do OpAphid after what all happened...and the hazing we are getting, now, for being noobs...I'd like an answer from them on that, personally. I could be up to speed if I'd known...something...
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
DontHaveAClue wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
Going through things is just confusing me...i mean, I remember when OpAphid first showed up. We were still dealing with cassie voicemails...and supposedly OpAphid gamejacked her. My question...is since OpAphid is so surely rooted in the initial CiW stuff...do we take any of our CiW stuff with us on this, or what? What happened to CiW...it was good enough to rip off, that's it? Just confused...

I interpreted that as an evidence the LG15 extended crew (Creators+OpAphid) did gamejack CiW and hastened its downfall. I might be wrong, but that's part of why I'm a little upset at the Creators for the whole OpAphid = official ARG. Evil or Very Mad

Oh, now that's not nice. Evil or Very Mad

Like I said, I might be wrong. I wrote a message to the Creators about that. They did not bother answering.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cassie pop up again in either or both storylines. Even if it's just as a reference in LG like Bree does once in a while. OpAphid may be tied a little closer to Cassie than we realize.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, watching OpAphid's first videos are proof that she's very tied in...but I don't understand why CiW just pooped out. I'm extremely confused, now...
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Well, watching OpAphid's first videos are proof that she's very tied in...but I don't understand why CiW just pooped out. I'm extremely confused, now...

coz it was a scam for sl, so when it got us in there it didnt need us or lg15 anymore

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

coz it was a scam for sl, so when it got us in there it didnt need us or lg15 anymore

That's not what is confusing me. OpAphid was the gamejacker...so...what the hell?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

I'm inclined to believe that the original report in the New York Times was correct. CiW was intended to be the first lonelygirl spinoff. It went into an area the Creators never intended it to go and was phased out/merged into OpAphid.
sapphir3
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
sapphir3 wrote:
I'm sure you've noticed the little symbols in the bottom right hand corner of OpAphid's vids. The "What ever happened to that girl, Cassie?" has the Watcher symbol on it. Don't know what that means, but it's there. I'm sure that OpAphid is tied in with the plot and Bree's mentioning of it in this latest vlog confirms that.

Are you talking about this symbol?

which is the only one showing in the "What happened to that girl Cassie?" video. It doesn't look exactly like the eye of the Watchers.

You're right, but it's quite similar in nature.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

Kasdeja wrote:
iamcool wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

That's not what is confusing me. OpAphid was the gamejacker...so...what the hell?

At the very beginning OpAphid has been using CiW's fame to promote itself. When Cassie went down, OpAphid somehow disappeared into darkness. But a few people kept watching and OpAphid prepared a triumphant comeback when it was clear Cassie really was dead.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

Well, they could have at least wrapped it up in a way that wouldn't DISCOURAGE us from participating in OpAphid. Evil or Very Mad
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
sapphir3 wrote:
I'm sure you've noticed the little symbols in the bottom right hand corner of OpAphid's vids. The "What ever happened to that girl, Cassie?" has the Watcher symbol on it. Don't know what that means, but it's there. I'm sure that OpAphid is tied in with the plot and Bree's mentioning of it in this latest vlog confirms that.

Are you talking about this symbol?

which is the only one showing in the "What happened to that girl Cassie?" video. It doesn't look exactly like the eye of the Watchers.

I'm a feeling a little pouty and uninspired to look closer, but from my research on ancient egyptian glyphs:

If it has a dot or pupil in the middle of the mouth it could mean "weep"

If it doesn't have a dot or pupil in the middle of the mouth it could mean the number " 3/4 " .. kinda think it might be this one.

If the mouth was more of a circle and had a dot/pupil in the middle of it ..could mean "sunshine, to shine" or "the people of the sun"

Edit: everything i said above is on the assumption that there's 3 lines. I don't know if that's 2 lines, 3 lines, or what...

(sighs)
Pi

Last edited by Pi on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphir3 wrote:

You're right, but it's quite similar in nature.

I do agree. It's quite similar in nature. Maybe people on the OpAphid vessel made sense of it already.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphir3, I love your avatar!
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good example of an OpAphid/Tachyon tie-in things, but in a phone message in the game it says that Daniel has missed his JC classes and his mom thinks he is camping. We got this phone message last Thursday. You hear it on the in-game voicemail of the Tachyon's partner: 310-933-5901
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller, what's a JC class?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: