Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Order of Denderah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel definitely seems to be making her think about something besides what her parents have taught her.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I wasn't sure if I should post this 'cause, well, I was afraid of the debates it might start.

But has anyone thought of maybe that the ceremony is a Sacred Marriage type deal? I've read on sites that those kind of ceremonies were performed at Denderah.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a snag...

http://www.xeper.org/pub/gil/xp_FS_gil.htm
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Again, sorry!! Reply with quote

I know I started it but the Temple of Set should be dropped.

The main reason for this is one of their biggest rules for joining is you must be 18:

"The only physical requirement for admission is that the aspirant be at least 18 years of age. Those below the age of 18 may not visit Temple functions, ceremonial or otherwise, whether or not they are relatives of Initiates. The Temple has no programs for children. It is our position that children and adolescents should not be indoctrinated into the assumptions and prescriptions of any suprarational system, whether it be our own philosophy or the faiths and superstitions of conventional religions. Rather their youthful years should be a time of exclusively rational training and education, giving them a sound and meaningful basis by which, as adults, they may consider and choose whatever philosophy or faith seems most meaningful to them."

I myself think the creators have made up a religion for bree.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Here's a snag...

http://www.xeper.org/pub/gil/xp_FS_gil.htm

From this:

"The only physical requirement for admission is that the aspirant be at least 18 years of age. Those below the age of 18 may not visit Temple functions, ceremonial or otherwise, whether or not they are relatives of Initiates. The Temple has no programs for children. "

Also, I mentioned in another forum that on further study the Set of the Denderah Zodiac and the Egyptian God Set are two different entities although both Egyptian.

One interesting note though, in LeVey's Satanism (the precursor to the Temple of Set) the individuals birthday is the most important ritual day for that individual, so Oct. 12th, Crowleys birthday might be considered a ritual or ceremonial day to his followers in some convoluted way.

I seem to think we have a fictional religion that uses elements of many far out groups - but what do I know.
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that was at the same time no?

creepy
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Again, sorry!! Reply with quote

Jacktwan wrote:

I myself think the creators have made up a religion for bree.

You came to the same conclusion I did while I was typing - I guess that makes me a Trout.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and again - even creepier hahaha
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, I think it is obvious that we are dealing with a fake religion, or at least one that is very obscure.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacktwan wrote:
Not really, I think it is obvious that we are dealing with a fake religion, or at least one that is very obscure.

I think the one thing I have noticed in looking at all this is - there are alot of really weird and creepy satanic - Crowley - magic offshoots - so the earth is fertile for almost anything to grow.
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the one thing I have noticed in looking at all this is - there are alot of really weird and creepy satanic - Crowley - magic offshoots - so the earth is fertile for almost anything to grow.

That is even more true if you have read any Crowley. Most importantly The Book of Lies.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR maybe her parents lied to her about how old she really is. :O

Maybe she thinks she is 16 and she's really 18.

<3 Danielbeast <3
Jacktwan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that is the case, read the requirements for joining Temple of Set.
Xen
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Again, sorry!! Reply with quote

Jacktwan wrote:
It is our position that children and adolescents should not be indoctrinated into the assumptions and prescriptions of any suprarational system, whether it be our own philosophy or the faiths and superstitions of conventional religions. Rather their youthful years should be a time of exclusively rational training and education, giving them a sound and meaningful basis by which, as adults, they may consider and choose whatever philosophy or faith seems most meaningful to them.

Way to go, Temple of Set, seeming entirely logical. I've never had a bad interaction with anyone from ToS. Their clothes are a little dark, but they have seemed levelheaded and unfailingly professional. I can see why.

I doubt they are at all involved in this, even fictionally, and will be quite disappointed to be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One interesting note though, in LeVey's Satanism (the precursor to the Temple of Set) the individuals birthday is the most important ritual day for that individual, so Oct. 12th, Crowleys birthday might be considered a ritual or ceremonial day to his followers in some convoluted way.

Crowleymas, Crowley's birthday, is celebrated by some Thelemites (is that the right term for the followers...oh well)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: