Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chalice of Possible Importance + Creator Slip-Up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
savannahbanana
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
I vote candle holder!

This is not the same one, but close enough to convince me.

yeah those could be what the thing is...but they all also happen to be shapped exactly like cups... which makes it plausible that the thing really is a cup
savannahbanana
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and... why is there no candle in it? Is that to show that the house isnt really that lived in or because it's not a candle holder?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks it's just a decorative thingy from Pier One.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it is, it probably fits very neatly in Jersey's nether regions.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I used to work down the street from a pagan store and would check it out once in a while, and the salesgirl who worked there, Rhiannon, told me that it was called a "flute chalice" and was only to be used for mixing blood and semen in such impregnation seg magick rituals.

A what?! I have been a pagan for 20 years, and actually work part time in a metaphysical shop (no one would ever call one a "pagan store") and have never, ever seen anything like that, nor ever heard of a "impregnation seg magick ritual". Heck, I've never even heard of a "impregnation sex magick ritual". Nor any pagan, for any reason, mixing blood and semen. Ewwwww.

Quote:
Whatever it is, it probably fits very neatly in Jersey's nether regions.

That might actually be a plan.

I do believe it to be a pillar candle holder.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sticking with decorative thingy... Mr. Green
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sticking with decorative thingy...

Good penguin! Razz Wink
sui_generis
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Chalice Ritual stuff Reply with quote

THere's a lot out there about CHalices and rituals, but this one I found very similar to some of the things that Bree talked about. I would go through ALL the threads to see if it's been discussed already, but that's A LOT of posting to look through!

So if it is old, then just disregard it. Sorry in advance!

-SG

http://library.thinkquest.org/26756/satanism/cos.htm
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not discounting the fact that a chalice could have been used during the ritual. That's common enough in many different religious ceremonies/rituals.

I'm just discounting the fact that the item displayed in Lucy's apartment is a chalice. Look around the apartment. It isn't exactly a display case for paganistic ritual tools. It looks like exactly what it is -- a California producers apartment.

Even in a coven, where a chalice is passed around, I've rarely see one that gigantic. It would be pretty freakin' hard to pass around a circle.

Google image search chalice. You won't find too many that are quite that ginormous.
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

Even in a coven, where a chalice is passed around, I've rarely see one that gigantic. It would be pretty freakin' hard to pass around a circle.

Google image search chalice. You won't find too many that are quite that ginormous.

Maybe if we use a bendy staw? Smile
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe if we use a bendy staw?

Hahahahahaaahaaaaahaaaa!

**repacks ritual bag: athame? check. wand? check. salt? check. bendy straw? check!**
grlinterupted1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I really just don't think that they would keep anything that they would "mix blood and seman" or use for any ceramony just kinda chilling in the livingroom.

Futhermore, I know that everyone has jumped on the Abstenth Poster must be a clue band wagon. I really just think that it is another piece of decoration... now it might be important that the challce shaped thing, and the poster, along with the lines in the other funiture is very art nevou (SP). Now the developing trend with art nevou (SP) may be important because the time period that these decorating ideas come from are based in the bohemian idea of the Victorian era. It is not the traditional Victorian decorating style, but it incorperates the beginnings of graphic design ( IE the poster from the era) along with the flowing lines that the design follows in the furiture.

Now we all know that Crowley was indeed from the Victorian era, but I think that is really the only conection.

sorry this is long and rambling, but I am a history major - who also follows historical design, you know like historical restoration...
redheaddiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmi-Chan wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

Maybe if we use a bendy staw? Smile

Yeah, I was thinking that if it's anything like chalice, it's more like one of those 3-foot-long margarita glasses you used to see people walking around with in the French Quarter... I mean, dang, why just have a sip of your ritual beverage when you can really get smashed on it, right? Razz
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking that if it's anything like chalice, it's more like one of those 3-foot-long margarita glasses you used to see people walking around with in the French Quarter... I mean, dang, why just have a sip of your ritual beverage when you can really get smashed on it, right?

Hahahaha! Yeah, I had one of those in Vegas! Maybe I can find that puppy and bring it to the next Esbat to really get things rollin'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: