Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0066 Still at Daniel's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm crossing my fingers for a renegade mystery solving duo, on the road and on the lam to find the truth about the Order.

I hope it has a good soundtrack.
prudence
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
I'm crossing my fingers for a renegade mystery solving duo, on the road and on the lam to find the truth about the Order.

I hope it has a good soundtrack.

That's what i have been hoping for Very Happy
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaggy and scooby are going to rip daniels face off only to discover he was really and old man.
laurenesque
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand the cute. He was a gentleman and let her have the bed. Aww....

Anyway, I think there must be some real danger involved that goes beyong excommunication. And more and more, I feel like her parents arent the bad guys; they were just misled at well. Of course, maybe that's what the Creators want me to think.

I still want Daniel's side of the story though.
laurenesque
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurenesque wrote:
I can't stand the cute. He was a gentleman and let her have the bed. Aww....

Anyway, I think there must be some real danger involved that goes beyong excommunication. And more and more, I feel like her parents arent the bad guys; they were just misled at well. Of course, maybe that's what the Creators want me to think.

I still want Daniel's side of the story though.

To play my own debator though... what if they told her to stay there so that the elders or whoever can "catch" two birds with one stone. They know she's with Daniel, so if they were going to give her up, the order gets Bree and Daniel at the same time. Evil or Very Mad
hauntingjourney
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Daniel's parents? Does he live with them? What do they think of all this?
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauntingjourney wrote:
What about Daniel's parents? Does he live with them? What do they think of all this?

I am getting the impression that Daniel has his own place- thus giving up his bed for that little bitty couch. Doesn't look like a family couch, but something a bachlor may have.

But then again, Bree called Daniel's parents to look for Daniel a few vids back and they told her he was staying at a friend's house.

Wonder what his parents thought about Bree sleeping over?
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents vary. I know my mom won't let me sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend if he's at my house for the week, and I'm 20 years old. It's just a respect thing sometimes, but maybe Daniel's parents trust him. And like the video shows, he slept on the couch. At least then his parents can keep an eye on them!
arammat
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryon wrote:
lonelygirl wrote:
huh, where do you get your ideas from? how do you know that the family ran off? the community could've done something to them and made it look like they just were in a hurry to leave. the deacons never said there was free will did they? we have not even heard from the deacons or know exactly what the religion is at this point. the idea of free will came from the story of how Bree's parents met.

I guess I assumed that they ran off rather than were kidnapped by the community because they were appalled or freaked out at what the ceremony had done to their daughter. What I don't understand is why the community would do something sinister to them if they cooperated and let their daughter participate.

Also, my question about free will was not where did that idea come from in the videos, but how the religion can reconcile having free will as a central tenet, and then go about forcing people to do things. But that is a silly question, since we can't really expect people or religions to be self-consistent.

Edit: I thought that the free will thing also came up in Bree's myspace, where the motto Love under will, etc was featured. I could be making this up though.

I think the most likely scenario is that the community "disappeared" the family, much like people who don't cooperate in dictatorial countries disappear. They are spirited away and either imprisoned or killed. If the family ran off of their own volition, they would have taken more of their things with them, especially the family dog. At least that's my take on it.
arammat
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryon wrote:
lonelygirl wrote:
huh, where do you get your ideas from? how do you know that the family ran off? the community could've done something to them and made it look like they just were in a hurry to leave. the deacons never said there was free will did they? we have not even heard from the deacons or know exactly what the religion is at this point. the idea of free will came from the story of how Bree's parents met.

I guess I assumed that they ran off rather than were kidnapped by the community because they were appalled or freaked out at what the ceremony had done to their daughter. What I don't understand is why the community would do something sinister to them if they cooperated and let their daughter participate.

Also, my question about free will was not where did that idea come from in the videos, but how the religion can reconcile having free will as a central tenet, and then go about forcing people to do things. But that is a silly question, since we can't really expect people or religions to be self-consistent.

Edit: I thought that the free will thing also came up in Bree's myspace, where the motto Love under will, etc was featured. I could be making this up though.

The idea of free will is a value that Bree's mom is passionate about, as Bree's stories have illustrated. And Thelema is based on the the notion of doing what you will. But I think we are leaping to conclusions that Bree's family's faith is exactly Thelemic, or that free will is a valued tenet of their particular group.
arammat
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saralynn wrote:
Parents vary. I know my mom won't let me sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend if he's at my house for the week, and I'm 20 years old. It's just a respect thing sometimes, but maybe Daniel's parents trust him. And like the video shows, he slept on the couch. At least then his parents can keep an eye on them!

My daughter has had a boyfriend who lived three hours away. I let him spend the night at our house, sleeping in a room to himself on a different floor than my dear, darling daughter. I think most parents would be ok with that if there are separate sleeping arrangements and some kind of reason that the person needs to spend the night.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arammat wrote:
saralynn wrote:

My daughter has had a boyfriend who lived three hours away. I let him spend the night at our house, sleeping in a room to himself on a different floor than my dear, darling daughter. I think most parents would be ok with that if there are separate sleeping arrangements and some kind of reason that the person needs to spend the night.

Yes, but you do not belong to some weird cult who shelters your daughter from normal life, and your daughter is probably not as naive as Bree. But that logic wouldn't pertain to Daniel's parents, only Bree's, which is why I think they are seeking desperate measures to keep her safe.
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

her parents are kidnapped!
annie_g
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: calling the police

What would her parents say if they called the police? "Help us, we got our daughter involved in what is possibly a dangerous cult, we've been giving her shots of unknown substances, and are now worried that something bad might happen to her!" They also lack evidence, aside from possible the bottles the medicine came in and books Bree has been studying.
LadyBugGirl
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
tryon wrote:
Who in the middle of something like a family member or friend gone missing will have the time or sense to post a video? Will Gemma fill this gap?

Good question. I've been wondering that myself.

I'd loose interest very quickly if Gemma started being the main character while a crisis was going on. (In fact, how would she even know? Who would inform her if Daniel and/or Bree got kidnapped?) No offense to the actress, but I'm just not that invested in her character.

If one or both are kidnapped or on the run, it would make it pretty hard to be posting vlogs online. I can't wait to see how The Creators handle it.

I couldn't agree more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: