Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[RECAP][PUZZLE] 12/1 Tachyon Craigslist puzzle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Also, the 32186 must be related to the 4600 characters x 7.

[Edit: more precisely, 4592*7=32144]

....anyone notice anything?

in l337,

3 = B
2 = R (in all I've seen)
1 = I (sometimes a lowercase "L")
4 = A
4 = A

Sounds like a weird way of saying "Bree", like "Breeaa".

C'mon, please don't tell me my A.D.D skills have led to to a dead end! Wink
absolution
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*stares blankly at recap then watches it all fly over her head.. wooooosh*

Well done those who worked on it! The absentees and not-very-good-at-math-or-code people appreciate it muchly
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a response from OP about the correct movie choice, I put it in the OP email archive, here's a link: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87153#87153

Also, right after my post, you'll notice Stuart2004 also posted a screencap from a few weeks from Op and her recommending the movie, foreshadowing perhaps?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the credit =) i'm glad someone finally listened to me =)

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my theory on the letter. I think the letter is to Cassie; Tach's sister was tagged for the ceremony, and the she's comparing her relationship with her sister to Cassie's relationship with Bree. Check it:

we couldn't travel that far "because of my sister's obligations." I hated her for that. I hated her so much.

Tach hated her sister; Cassie hated Bree.

I bet you know what that's like--in fact, I know you do. It keeps you awake at night, that anger that you can't let go of...all because someone drilled into your head a sense of inferiority.
Cassie is/was definitely angry and jealous.

Knowing what you dealt with awhile back
The Cassie meltdown at the hands of Op took place while Tach was undercover, so she witnessed it.

really helped me put things in perspective. It helped me make peace with that part of my past, because I realized that my sister was never the enemy.
Watching the debacle from her new perspective, Tach empathizes with Bree and therefore in retrospect realizes it wasn't her sister's fault.

There are other people to blame for creating that situation, but I also blame myself for not even trying to do anything about it except act like a spoiled brat.
Nice jab at Cassie for being a brat.

But your situation is different in many ways…it’s almost the opposite actually. Although from what you’ve told me, maturity was neither of your strong suits (so at least we have that in common).

Still, I know that how it all played out left a really bad taste in your mouth that you’ll probably carry around for the rest of your adulthood (the same way I held onto mine to the point where it almost ruined what little childhood I could cling to).

Not sure if this fits the theory--cassie would have had to be in touch with Tach for "from what you've told me" to make sense.

And yes, you can at least feel better about blaming yourself for the mess you got yourself into because a lot of it was actually your fault. (I may suck at sympathy, but writing it out really does wonders for my own issues LOL).
another dig at Cassie.

However, there might be an opportunity for you to resolve some of these feelings that you are still carrying around, or at the very least maybe settle the score. I’ll tell you more about it in a few days, once I do a little more research, because I want to be absolutely sure--plus there's another pressing task at hand that needs to be dealt with, once and for all.

unrelated to my theory. What's the task?

I don’t want to ruin the surprise, and you shouldn’t get your hopes up yet, but I will tell you this much: We’re not going on vacation and no one is going to Disneyland, but if what I suspect turns out to be true, well...it damn well proves that it’s a small world after all.

"it's a small world" could mean bringing Cassie back in all her glory.

I could be totally off base--maybe wishful thinking. I'll going to ask Op what she thinks.[/quote]
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recap post updated to credit alysaface for her find and update the "loose ends" section.

Also, I have a theory on the letter, but it's horrendously long, so just go here to find it: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I click the link I get:

The topic or post you requested does not exist
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
When I click the link I get:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

I merged the three threads since everyone was posting links
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok after reviewing the recap, I'd like to highlight how critical it was that we all worked together and shared, and how important it is to iron out all the wrinkles.

One thing I just realized, the JKLMNO that lead us to Chain Reaction wasn't a real clue, but a result of not following instructions correctly. These letters didn't decode precisely because these are the letters that were vignere-ed out of their correct hex code.

J K L M N O
4A 4B 4C 4D 4E 4F

j k l m n o
6A 6B 6C 6D 6E 6F

So maybe this sort of puts into question the Chain Reaction lead?
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Ok after reviewing the recap, I'd like to highlight how critical it was that we all worked together and shared, and how important it is to iron out all the wrinkles.

One thing I just realized, the JKLMNO that lead us to Chain Reaction wasn't a real clue, but a result of not following instructions correctly. These letters didn't decode precisely because these are the letters that were vignere-ed out of their correct hex code.

J K L M N O
4A 4B 4C 4D 4E 4F

j k l m n o
6A 6B 6C 6D 6E 6F

So maybe this sort of puts into question the Chain Reaction lead?

Thanks deagol! Chain Reaction was never a confirmed lead, just a lot of wishful thinking. The discussion of "that guy from Dogstar" and his movies in the 90s lead at one point to Chain Reaction. Someone ran it through the yellow pages and found a concert venue with the same name near Anaheim. They ran with it after that.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
deagol wrote:
Also, the 32186 must be related to the 4600 characters x 7.

[Edit: more precisely, 4592*7=32144]

....anyone notice anything?

in l337,

3 = B
2 = R (in all I've seen)
1 = I (sometimes a lowercase "L")
4 = A
4 = A

Sounds like a weird way of saying "Bree", like "Breeaa".

C'mon, please don't tell me my A.D.D skills have led to to a dead end! Wink

We love your enthusiasm, really we do. But this is a reach. A long reach. Like the kind you do when you are trying to pet the gorillas at the zoo. Because they are so awsome and funny and furry. In the end, you end up tumbling over and into that nasty water. Then you are surrounded by angry, caged gorillas. Shocked

Sorry, bad childhood flashback I guess Embarassed
njadler
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noted that you guys were trying to confirm if the concert hall was the drop...

Ladron121 in another thread said that the song that was on the voicemail for the new number was Sister, by Juliana Hatfield. The lyrics are

Quote:
I miss my sister, why'd she go?
She's the one who would have taken me
To my first all-ages show.
It was the Violent Femmes and the Del Fuegos,
Before they had a record out. Before they went gold,
And started to grow.

Chain Reaction is all-ages (its even in the website's name). http://www.allages.com/newweb/frames.cfm

And someone else pointed out that OpAphid updated the profile to say:

Quote:
From Tachyon's latest communication to her "Brother," we expect that she will make a move sometime tomorrow (Sunday). We will be prepared.

Sooo, Sunday's a drop at Chain Reaction, then?
The Sunday performance is over at 11:30, and we all know our dear Tachyon is a bit of a night owl, so this means that she'd be able to do the drop without anyone noticing her because of the crowd, and the retrieval would be after (hopefully) everyone left the parking lot (or most people did). Plus the place is booze free, which means that there won't be as many drunk revelers afterward...I hope. Maybe it's a precaution for us on Tachyon's part.
By the way, found it quite funny that the band who will be playing Sunday night is called The Shape Shifters...wonderful little coincidence....or maybe more?
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

njadler wrote:

Sooo, Sunday's a drop at Chain Reaction, then?
The Sunday performance is over at 11:30, and we all know our dear Tachyon is a bit of a night owl, so this means that she'd be able to do the drop without anyone noticing her because of the crowd, and the retrieval would be after (hopefully) everyone left the parking lot (or most people did). Plus the place is booze free, which means that there won't be as many drunk revelers afterward...I hope. Maybe it's a precaution for us on Tachyon's part.
By the way, found it quite funny that the band who will be playing Sunday night is called The Shape Shifters...wonderful little coincidence....or maybe more?

You assume too much. I would put money on the drop NOT being at Chain Reaction concert venue, Point Break Indoor Lacrosse, etc.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tachyon used 1337 sp33k Shocked

0y v3y 74(|<Y0|\|! 5|_|(|-| 4 /\/\355 Y0|_|'\/3 g0773n ||\|70, 600|) |_u(|< 6||2|_!
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
ForeverMourn
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy Vey?

Are you Jewish too?! ^_~

CuddleBunni Is My LG15 SoulMate. Smile

My YT Vids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: