Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruining the fun.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turkeyfeather wrote:

Mirage, i LOVE the cat!

LOL! Thanks! Very Happy

Ok people, I think we all need to take a DEEEEEP breath here. Perhaps laugh at my funny picture?

Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:
yeah, n00bs, quit being such yoko onos

Ok, I'm gonna add to this, cause I just saw ANOTHER post meant only to attack a fellow member.

I belong to another forum. A HUGE forum. So of course the rules there are a lot more strict than they are here. That doesn't mean, however, that this place is devoid of rules. Most people here are intelligent human beings that should be/are able to tell right from wrong. Yet I see too many posts from people that are going out of their way to harass or attack another person. Seriously, WTF?! Are we all 7 years old here? Why is it so hard for some to act with common human decency and not go out of their way to hunt down and harass other people. We get that people on here disagree. Cool, good. I disagree with people on here too (more than I let on). But I dont seek out every damn post they've created just to reply snarkily to it.

It's called respect, and I believe it is more than lacking on this forum. It makes me feel sorry for the decent people on here, that they have to put up with reading this garbage.

D'oh, Mirage, I was extending the Beatles-joke. Obviously not very well, though.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:
yeah, n00bs, quit being such yoko onos

Ok, I'm gonna add to this, cause I just saw ANOTHER post meant only to attack a fellow member.

I belong to another forum. A HUGE forum. So of course the rules there are a lot more strict than they are here. That doesn't mean, however, that this place is devoid of rules. Most people here are intelligent human beings that should be/are able to tell right from wrong. Yet I see too many posts from people that are going out of their way to harass or attack another person. Seriously, WTF?! Are we all 7 years old here? Why is it so hard for some to act with common human decency and not go out of their way to hunt down and harass other people. We get that people on here disagree. Cool, good. I disagree with people on here too (more than I let on). But I dont seek out every damn post they've created just to reply snarkily to it.

It's called respect, and I believe it is more than lacking on this forum. It makes me feel sorry for the decent people on here, that they have to put up with reading this garbage.

D'oh, Mirage, I was extending the Beatles-joke. Obviously not very well, though.

*blush* Nora, I got the joke! Very Happy I was just going to post the n00b pic and be on my merry way, ha ha, but then I saw some posts that, -ahem- angered me, and felt the need to come back here and spew my feelings. Very Happy

This one's for you, baby!
prudence
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I never said anything about Thelema that was untrue. Tannhaus himself is the only one who has implied that my comments are meant to ridicule Thelema or Crowley. Infact, I have seen him state that "other people" think Thelema is Satanic or about eating babies, sacrifices etc. more than I have actually seen these "other people" say such things.

spaciegirl, i was not trying to get something started. I was not going to reply to what you said because I dont want you to think im personally attacking you, but I have to say something. I dont think singling ppl out and flaming them in a forum is appropriate at all, so Im going to try to say this in a way that is not offensive. But there has been obvious bashing of Thelemites on these forums. I'll show you some examples.

Here are a couple excerpts from Exanimatebylove's posts on her thoughts of Thelema:

exanimatebylove wrote:
it's worshiping the devil, more or less, in my eyes. The end. If you don't wanna admit to yourself that you are for whatever reason that's fine but at the end of the day that is basically what is going on. Did you not read anything else I wrote? WOW...And what's your view on Allister Crowley? He didn't worship the devil either? He was a wonderful human being, right?

exanimatebylove wrote:
All I have to say is you sit there and wave you're fingers at me for being judgemental and then you say something worse then what I just said. Wow. Look, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was really not my intent. I was simply stating that it scares me nowadays how people just believe anything that is put in front of them. They don't look for other answers or options or anything. They just believe. And it upsets me how nowadays people believe and worship Satan.

She whole-heartedly believes they are satan-worshippers.

JJ posted:

JerseyJohnny wrote:

It's interesting to me that all the Thelimates deny anything that us normal people find out about them. It is part of their religion to lie, you know, and they will hide their secrets at any cost, and lying is the easiest thing for them to do.

It's always funny to me when they deny the rituals and baby-sacrifices and virgin sacrifices and ritual sex orjies they have. I mean, of COURSE there going to LIE about it! LOLMAO, does anyone expect them to be like "Oh, OK yeah, you figured it out, we kill babies and eat them, I guess our secret is out!" LOLMAO! Of course they won't admit it becaue then they Goverment will be after them for buying human beings to kill and eat! I don't know if eating them is against the law but buying and killing them sure is!

I would be defensive if someone was talking about my beliefs that way, when I know thats not at all what it is like.

Take a look at this:

Sfonzarelli wrote:
PansGirl wrote:
I am a frequent reader....heavy lurker...and I am a fan of SFonzarelli. I like your insight, but dang...you seemed harsh on the Thelemites that posted in this thread. Someone specifically asked for anyone within the faith to pipe up and I really didn't feel like they were trying to convert anyone.

I know I was kind of harsh. It's not that they were trying to convert people. They weren't, and if they didn't, it wouldn't offend me in the least. It was more that they were doing this reactionary "OMG THELEMA IS NORMAL - OMG I'M OFFENDED THAT THEY'RE MISREPRESENTING MY RELIGION" thing that would be just as suited coming out of a Mormon's or Scientologist's mouth. I think maybe they need to lighten up.

Fonz thinks they dont have the right to represent themselves as 'normal'.

So, if it were me, and numerous people had posted msgs such as the ones seen above, i would be miffed and defensive as well.

And as for the comment:
spaciegirl wrote:
the fact that I "am not the only one acting this way" should, perhaps, tell you something.

Well, to be quite honest, it backs up my belief that society makes us predjudice. We fear what we dont know, what is different. The problem is a lot of feelings can be hurt in the process.

And spaciegirl, just to be clear, when i made the comment earlier (the one you replied to), it was not aimed at you, i was just trying to say that i think these ppl have a right to be offended, therefore defensive, just as you or I would in the same situation. Anyways like i said before.. can we plz get along..!! It's much more enjoyable experience. Smile
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exanimatebylove is most definately the minority. Jersey Johnny is being funny...I didn't get him at first either, and I don't see anything wrong with what Sfonz said at all. Infact, his point is very similar to my original point which was 1.that I thought Tannhaus was being overly defensive and reactionary, 2.to point out that all religious groups get ranked on (especially in the realm of entertainment...and who cares?)and 3. that just becuase one persons perception of Thelema is a certain way does not mean that everyone shares the same views. Most of the people on this forum have been rather intelligent and inquisitive while forming their opinions, yet Tannhaus constantly critiques them..even people that try to defend him and, in my opinion, acts as if his word is absolute law. And what I meant by saying that I am not the only one that feels this way is that others find him to be insulting and irritating as well. I did not mean to say that everyone who disagrees with Tannhaus, even the people who think he worships the devil, are correct. Maybe you should go back and read all of his posts where he is presumptuous and biggoted in his opinions of others and their religions.
prudence
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
exanimatebylove is most definately the minority. Jersey Johnny is being funny...I didn't get him at first either, and I don't see anything wrong with what Sfonz said at all. Infact, his point is very similar to my original point which was 1.that I thought Tannhaus was being overly defensive and reactionary, 2.to point out that all religious groups get ranked on (especially in the realm of entertainment...and who cares?)and 3. that just becuase one persons perception of Thelema is a certain way does not mean that everyone shares the same views. Most of the people on this forum have been rather intelligent and inquisitive while forming their opinions, yet Tannhaus constantly critiques them..even people that try to defend him and, in my opinion, acts as if his word is absolute law. And what I meant by saying that I am not the only one that feels this way is that others find him to be insulting and irritating as well. I did not mean to say that everyone who disagrees with Tannhaus, even the people who think he worships the devil, are correct. Maybe you should go back and read all of his posts where he is presumptuous and biggoted in his opinions of others and their religions.

You know what spaciegirl, at this point im not going to argue with you. You can say what ever you want to say. When it gets down to the nitty gritty, when someone disses you, your appearance, your personality, your beliefs, WHAT EVER... you are going to be defensive. Like i said earlier, all i was trying to get across is that they have a right to be offended, PERIOD. Thelemites. Not just tannhaus.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever, that's fine. Think and say whatever you want. I'm allowed to as well.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this topic has worn itself out...

Shocked

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Raguel6:19
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totaly agree
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is...FOR ME TO POOP ON.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWAHAHAHAHA! Very Happy

Oh that is just awesome, Kas! Laughing
vertigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Dude...... what the heck was going on here..... I didn't even know this part f the forum existed!!

Ok I'm still not sure it does exist. I'm probably just hallucinating due to way too much caffeine.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertigo wrote:
Shocked

Dude...... what the heck was going on here..... I didn't even know this part f the forum existed!!

Ok I'm still not sure it does exist. I'm probably just hallucinating due to way too much caffeine.

I feel the same way, except for the hallucinating part. Unfortunately. Laughing
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of hallucinations, I had some coffee earlier, and while I was sitting in class my hands started shaking. I couldn't keep them still. My vision was kind of blurring and I felt kind of fatigued although I had to cross my arms to keep my hands from twitching.

It was kind of irritating. But you know, I'll probably have more coffee tomorrow. Because it's good.

And ADDICTING. Shocked

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

This thread is...FOR ME TO POOP ON.

Oh, Triumph...I love Triumph. lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: