Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maddy - Communications Major
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Maddy - Communications Major Reply with quote

maddy is a communications major.

and in her first video she was doing a newcast type thing.

zipp (>:O) wanted her to be his microphone.

do you think a reason she was chosen was before of her major?
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that may be part of it, but I think there would be something more.
There would be alot of communications majors to choose from, something had to make Maddy stand out.
and the Mr Zipp quote "we were intended to never meet" keeps popping up in my head , makes me think there is a personal connection between Maddy and Mr Zipp.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thinking, Kelly.

Maybe Mr. Zipp was a professor at her school? Or someone else in the communications department? Maybe he got access to her university e-mail and that's how we was able to guess what kind of passwords she would use. Jeromy did say that Zipp's identity should be kind of obvious ...
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did maddy ever mention any of her ''idols?''

not like american idols =P but more who she admired and how she came about becoming a communications major?

maybe there was someone that influenced her decision to follow that path?

I'm throwing leaves in the wind aren't I? Razz
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
I think that may be part of it, but I think there would be something more.
There would be alot of communications majors to choose from, something had to make Maddy stand out.
and the Mr Zipp quote "we were intended to never meet" keeps popping up in my head , makes me think there is a personal connection between Maddy and Mr Zipp.

that line keeps making me think that he's been watching her for awhile. kind of like a stalker.

and not that I know of. I don't think we ever asked her any of her idols.

although i guess looking at her profiles may provide something
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, after I posted I noticed a maddison's interest's - clues thread Embarassed

seems her interest were actually pretty interesting
HoOBS
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did maddy ever talk about her family?

At first I was thinking that they were directly related... but the "we were intended to never meet" kinda throws off that maybe Mr. Zipp was her dad. But maybe he was like an Uncle, or married into the family or something and for whatever reason her parents didn't want her getting involved with him?
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my vid response Jeromy said:
Jeromy wrote:

Pigeon vs letter. This is a good exploration In Game and not Out.

Why Maddison. Another good exploration InGame and not Out.

To be honest, you don't seem to be following the plot closely. For instance, why a pigeon is used has been discussed by the community and I've read a few VERY good reasons why Mr.Zipp opts for pigeons over more traditional forms of communication.

I'm having alot of trouble reconciling in game and out of game. How can we unknow what we learned out of game?

He later said in regard to robtomorrow's post about homing pigeons being released from a remote location and returning home:
Jeromy wrote:
So Rob. If this is the science behind homing pigeons then that leads you to what conclusion? I think if you start to look at "plot holes" as clues, then some blanks will be filled in.

Done. Moment of weakness over.

I think why pigeons? and why maddy? may be connected. If someone trained pigeon's to use Maddy's front door as home base wouldn't it be logical that Maddy know that person? I mean how do you train a pigeon to do that without being seen? A personal connection whoud explain Why Maddy? Look, if you wanted to blow the lid off some diabolical plot would you go to a college communications major?

Ah! I just confused myself! Need more info...
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Mr Zipp dropped the pigeons off at Maddy's and Adam's place with notes so that they had a method to communicate back to him.

The last communication was tied to the doorknob without a pigeon because this was his last communication with her. hence the "mute" part of the message.

It cracks me up that Jeromy thinks that Mr Zipps identity should be easy for us to figure out....

plot holes=clues ...I have to think about that some more.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Zipp is a fan of Harry Potter, but uses pigeons instead of owls to not get sued? Shocked

jk only thing I can think about using pigeon msg carrier is from the CGI movie "Valiant"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valiant_%28film%29

they used messenger pigeons extensively during WW2 and also that a Dickin Medal was awarded 54 times between 1943 and 1949, to 32 pigeons, 18 dogs, 3 horses and 1 cat, to acknowledge actions during the Second World War, after which the medal was officially replaced with the PDSA's non-military Silver Medal.

more info on the medal and what animals won it for what
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickin_Medal

more info about msnger pigeons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homing_pigeon#History
HoOBS
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
I think why pigeons? and why maddy? may be connected. If someone trained pigeon's to use Maddy's front door as home base wouldn't it be logical that Maddy know that person? I mean how do you train a pigeon to do that without being seen? A personal connection whoud explain Why Maddy? Look, if you wanted to blow the lid off some diabolical plot would you go to a college communications major?

Good post, Imm1... do keep in mind though that there are only TWO pigeons... one was waiting for Maddison outside of her door at home, the other was placed at Adam's door while Maddy was there... someone knew where she was... or at least where she was supposed to be at a particular time... There is no evidence that the pigeons were homed to either of those locations. I think Maddy answered this herself... the pigeons were left at each location for a reason... but why and by whom?

~tb
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as per ''Why'' the pigeons are used, wouldn't it be a nice inconspicious way of leaving a secret msg as opposed to leaving a note/envelope on the screen door?

just curious
HoOBS
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean wrote:
immortal1 wrote:

Good post, Imm1... do keep in mind though that there are only TWO pigeons... one was waiting for Maddison outside of her door at home, the other was placed at Adam's door while Maddy was there... someone knew where she was... or at least where she was supposed to be at a particular time... There is no evidence that the pigeons were homed to either of those locations. I think Maddy answered this herself... the pigeons were left at each location for a reason... but why and by whom?

~tb

Ok that makes more sense. In that scenario it would seem they were homed to go back to Zipp. They could have been dropped off by a third party.

LesterG wrote:
as per ''Why'' the pigeons are used, wouldn't it be a nice inconspicious way of leaving a secret msg as opposed to leaving a note/envelope on the screen door?

just curious

I don't think dropping pigeons off would be as inconspicuous as sliding a note under a door. What the pigeons would provide is an untraceable means of two way communication- but they weren't used that way. Unless that form of communication was conditional upon something and that's why he stopped using them.

And so now I don't know if the pigeons connect, why Maddy? The third party who dropped off the pigeons could be anyone with an excuse to be there. Although finding that third party may provide some information about Zipp.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
LesterG wrote:

just curious

I don't think dropping pigeons off would be as inconspicuous as sliding a note under a door. What the pigeons would provide is an untraceable means of two way communication- but they weren't used that way. Unless that form of communication was conditional upon something and that's why he stopped using them.

And so now I don't know if the pigeons connect, why Maddy? The third party who dropped off the pigeons could be anyone with an excuse to be there. Although finding that third party may provide some information about Zipp.

ahhh that's right, it's not as if they sent the pigeon back with a note... otherwise why not just try to trace the bird to it's sender, on the other hand... as Maddy and Adam recieved their "msgs", wouldn't adam just throw the pigeon back out the door afterwards? Then the pigeon would prolly fly back to it's owner ''w/o'' the msg passively saying msg recieved?

I just thought of something... it's a bit of an oddball "horror flick" theory, but what if Mr. Zipp was that killer in the trailer and he had been baiting them all along just to kill them...creepy, but not likely =P that would make sense that zipp's identity was obvious when we saw him kill them at the end huh? Razz
HoOBS
garnet_sunflowers
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddy did send a note back with a pigeon.

4/21: Maddison sends HTMLvis back to Zipp with the return message.

4/21: Final Check. Pigeon Launch (April 21st)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: