Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cure (what is it and why destroy it)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: The Cure (what is it and why destroy it) Reply with quote

I "thought" we had a thread for this already, but I didn't see it, so I'm just going to make this.

If this is a bad idea just let me know. But after Jeromy mentioned that LGer's for his puzzles should ask more why, how, who questions... It really got me thinking, we always do ask what, if we broaden what questions we ask, we should be able to find more answers.

I think if we really try to figure out what it is and why destroy it (or why someone such as walter would want it destroyed) it may answer some of our other questions.

So Walter has said "The Cure" is for all of mankind. (btw did we start putting the cure in quotes or did he do it? lol)

Anyways add your thoughts/theories/questions/comments here.

I think deagol mentioned this: Maybe it is a cure for death.

Cure for XSIDS (I'm not sure how this would be for all mankind though)

Maybe a cure for cancer (I have no basis for this one) Shocked

I wonder if there is a genetic disorder, that is extremely common in both males and females... maybe time for a little research (though JayNineteen seems to be taking somewhere completely different)
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a cure for death then I would agree with its destruction. Or at least keep it secret (maybe that's what The Order's been doing for centuries).
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question would be... Why make a cure for death to begin with?
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:

Because death was something the creator feared/they enjoyed the empowerment?

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:
ShardinsKitten wrote:

Then why make so many vials of it. The creator would only need one, and maybe a few extra for his family (maybe). Plus wouldn't you think that if that was the case that the "creator" would take the vials as they were finished not leave them in his lab personnel's hands.

Did Walter ever say if any of the vials had been used (on people). Or how long it had been since the Vials were made? or Why they stopped making them? Who they were making them for? (i know we are figuring OpA). How did Walter get them out of facilityj?

If it was a cure for death, I would think the person wanting it would make certain that if he didn't use them right away, they never got out of the facility. I mean he/she could have locked them up in a personal store room or something.

I need to go back and re look at everything lol.
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it might not have been just *one* person. It might have been a group of people all with the same goal (to create a cure for death). And they hired people who didn't understand what the goal was.

So when they did find out what they were, they stole it.

Or for some reason, the plan of 'curing death' had to be abandoned, and it was left with Walter or whoever. They decided they needed to destroy it before it got into the hands of someone psychotic or whatever.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few clues I extracted from various puzzles that I think are applicable:

This is the first communication we got from TravelerJ19’s YouTube profile, back in January:
TravelerJ19 wrote:
OP HAD PATENT, HEW "the J Nineteen." – which anagrams to
"What happened to the J Nineteen"

The Project (Welcome to Facility J) Video wrote:
John Rockefeller Prentice was in charge of research efforts at Facility J and believed that success could be achieved within the decade.

John Rockefeller Prentice was a Skull and Bones Society member who was also a pioneer in artificial insemination and cloning of livestock for agricultural purposes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rockefeller_Prentice

From “The Parcel” Mail drop:
Walter wrote:
THERE HAS BEEN AN INCIDENT STOP WHAT HAPPENED TO THE J NINETEEN? STOP

Some questions this leaves us with are:
What was the incident?
Who or what are the J nineteen?
What happened to the J nineteen?
How and Why did they end up in Walters possession?

From the Catalyst (Find Him) Puzzle
Walter wrote:
Perhaps some background information is in order. I was in charge of production at Facility J. It took us decades and we only produced nineteen of the damned things. You have taken care of two. The problem is that multiple exposures bring increased risk. So neither I nor the youngster nor any one of you can complete the task alone. The kid told me he had some success on the computer, and this is where we are now. Maybe we can work together in the future, assuming you aren’t screw-ups like he is.

From the “A Proper Introduction” Puzzle
Walter wrote:
We knew the Soviets had them. They were at least ten years ahead of us. The Kirov and Sverdlovsk facilities were producing results before we had even begun. It wasn't hard for some half-witted military drones to weaponize the standards, although I do feel for the whitecoats. Lovett wanted something more from us, the intellectual elite. We were to produce a more discrete product.

Lovett was Secretary of defense, so it looks like somehow this was a part of the cold war, and possibly part of the weapons race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Lovett

From the “This side of Paradise” Puzzle
Walter wrote:
Acquaintances,
We were all focused on the science at first Stop The implications of our success had not occurred to any of us stop. That changed when we received new instructions from the top stop In the event of accidental exposures they wanted a way to protect a chosen few stop.

Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was interesting.

Quote:
In addition to the centers developing antipersonnel BW agents, another group of facilities worked on microbial agents harmful to livestock and plants. One such facility, the Scientific Research Agricultural Institute (NISKhI) in Gvardeyskiy, Kazakhstan, was established in 1958. While formally subordinated to the USSR Ministry of Agriculture, the institute was probably supervised by the MOD. After the institute opened, a military unit was posted there to guard the facility and, as a rule, the director of the institute held a high military rank. Facilities in Russia involved in the development of anti-livestock and anti-crop agents included the Scientific Research Institute for Animal Protection in Vladimir(11) and the center in Sverdlovsk. Biological agents harmful to livestock and plants were tested at a special site near Novosibirsk. Munitions for the delivery of all types of biological agents were assembled at the Sverdlovsk facility.(12)

This, too.

Quote:
Leading Biopreparat facilities included the State Scientific Center of Applied Microbiology in Obolensk, the Institute of Immunological Studies in Lyubuchany, the State Scientific Center of Virology and Biotechnology (known as Vector) near Novosibirsk, the State Scientific Institute of Ultrapure Biological Preparations in Leningrad, and the Scientific Experimental and Production Base in Stepnogorsk, Kazakhstan.

http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/opapers/op1/op1.htm
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:

Isn't that what most religions promise, in a way?

Whatever the reasons, it's a hot topic in science these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_life_extension_related_topics
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:
RedRevolver wrote:
ShardinsKitten wrote:

Then why make so many vials of it. The creator would only need one, and maybe a few extra for his family (maybe).

This wouldn't be a one-person endevour. IRL it's already all over the science journals and in the mission statements of several corporations, with hundreds or maybe thousands of clients waiting in line for the cure. IG we know that it involves the US DOD, "the Russians," and The Order, a worldwide secret organization with tentacles into the government, justice system, law-enforcement, etc.

The problem I have with this theory is that it really doesn't fit what we've heard from Walter back when he was suggesting it could be used as some sort of weapon and that there was an exposure risk from destroying it. It doesn't really fit that story (not that any of the new-agey material from Jay does).
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a short write up I found on "The RNAi Cure" from Nova | ScienceNOW. It explains how RNAi is being used as a cure, in laymans terms. Thought it might be applicable.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/3210/02-cure.html
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the latest vid for LG15 (yeah, the one where Daniel dresses up like a doctor *rolls eyes*), and thought some things were interesting about it. One, that odd infinity symbol we saw previously on the boxes of epogen. And two... Daniel read this from Julia's medical file:

"Julia Anderson... trait negative"

A tie-in to FacilityJ, you think?

Last edited by Musique on Fri May 18, 2007 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, why?
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
nah, why?

Genetics, my man. It's all about the genetics. Razz
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musique wrote:
Just saw the latest vid for LG15 (yeah, the one where Daniel dresses up like a doctor *rolls eyes*), and thought some things were interesting about it. One, that odd infinity symbol we saw previously on the boxes of epogen. And two... Daniel read this from Julia's medical file:

"Julia Anderson... trait negative"

A tie-in to FacilityJ, you think?

maybe, maybe not. But what's that have to do with what the cure is and why we are destroying it?

Besides if we are that dependent on the LG plot we are never going to get anywhere with this game which sucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: