Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to get back on track....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially to a 16 year old. Every 2 years seems like centuries sometimes.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martha wrote:
Especially to a 16 year old. Every 2 years seems like centuries sometimes.

Exactly!

Hey is Toadlguy still here? he was saying earlier that maybe the cerimony will be on the 1st not the 12th....this new video could point to that theory. Why would someone take Bree out there more than 2 weeks ahead of time? Maybe he's right and it's earlier??? IDK I'm really sleepy Shocked

Edited for spelling
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In grammatical terminology "may" is called the present tense. Unlike might, which points to a possibility, may means the ability. When students in class ask, "Can I go to the restroom?", I annoy them by responding, "You went yesterday, so I know you can. You need to ask me if you MAY go."

Quote:
The pulse of the doe-eyed child may cease.
But cassie does not rest in peace.

I interpret this to mean whether or not a doe-eye child's pulse ceases, Cassie will not rest in peace unless help is on time instead of "too late" as it seems to have been.

I know that it seems like Bree is the doe-eyed child, but somehow I think we're being led astray. (I am probably reading too much into it as a lit. teacher, and Cassie is not necessarily an poetry scholar.)

In addition,
Quote:
at dawn youll rise to do your worst
, leads me to symbolic meanings of dawn:
“Dawn suggests the notions of illumination and hope, the beginning of a new day and thus a chance for happiness and improvement. Sunrise is a symbol of birth and rebirth, of awakening. The coming of light, resurrection” (http://www.umich.edu/~umfandsf/symbolismproject/symbolism.html/D/dawn.html) .

I brought this up on the other super-long thread, but I wonder if there is some kind of birth/resurrection ceremony that Cassie clearly understands. She might not have been in the same exact ceremony as Bree's, but Cassie could have much insight into the ways of this religious group.

I dk Question
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
Ah but in conferences you couldn't have spectral presences, dolls with keys and 15 year olds pretending to be married.

15 yr olds pretending to be married? lol, I seem to miss everything when I go home from work...
pcbbc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
I think that they were just theorizing (is that a word???)
Of course it's a word..
Quote:
Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator...AND VANISHED!

Embarassed
glennhenno
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: biblical prophesy vs. a fun puzzle to keep us occupied Reply with quote

Ok, I want to go carefully so as not to come of anti-semitic:

"Between the virgin and the beast
moses armed the evil priest,"

It has been postulated the the "between" is historical time rather than present tense space, and I would posit that the virgin was Mary, and the beast is from the Book of Revelations, so from the time of Christ to the end of days, Moses armed the evil priest by saving and leading the Jews, i.e. leading to the state of Israel and the unrest in the Mideast, which could be setting the stage for armageddon, which ties in with "(R)evelations starts the first" (too bad there aren't capital letters in morse code).

On the other hand, from my experience "letterboxing": hiding things, making clues, solvoing other peoles clues, ... it seems that the simplest is usually the right one, given the amount of work involved in making clues, and CiW had to work pretty hard on the puzzles and clues so far, and then monitor the chat in the forums to realize when things got off track and post new clues to make it just easy enought to solve, so now they are back to planning and executing the next phase, which depends on the LG15 storyline to move forward, so what we're doing is reading WAY to deeply while we wait for Oct. 1. As good as they are, I don't think the CiW crew composed the sonnet with deep multiple meanings, and they may not know which way the story is going, either.
REVOLUTE
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: biblical prophesy vs. a fun puzzle to keep us occupied Reply with quote

glennhenno wrote:

It has been postulated that the "between" is historical time rather than present tense space, and I would posit that the virgin was Mary, and the beast is from the Book of Revelations, so from the time of Christ to the end of days, Moses armed the evil priest by saving and leading the Jews, i.e. leading to the state of Israel and the unrest in the Mideast, which could be setting the stage for armageddon, which ties in with "(R)evelations starts the first" (too bad there aren't capital letters in morse code).

As good as they are, I don't think the CiW crew composed the sonnet with deep multiple meanings, and they may not know which way the story is going, either.

these are the same conclusions i came to as well, i was just about to post that "between virgin and beast" meant the new testament between the gospels and revalations.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't narrow it down much, lol.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: biblical prophesy vs. a fun puzzle to keep us occupied Reply with quote

glennhenno wrote:
Ok, I want to go carefully so as not to come of anti-semitic:

It has been postulated the the "between" is historical time rather than present tense space, and I would posit that the virgin was Mary, and the beast is from the Book of Revelations, so from the time of Christ to the end of days, Moses armed the evil priest by saving and leading the Jews, i.e. leading to the state of Israel and the unrest in the Mideast, which could be setting the stage for armageddon, which ties in with "(R)evelations starts the first" (too bad there aren't capital letters in morse code).

So now Cassie is supplying us with geo-political commentary?

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: biblical prophesy vs. a fun puzzle to keep us occupied Reply with quote

glennhenno wrote:

On the other hand, from my experience "letterboxing": hiding things, making clues, solvoing other peoles clues, ... it seems that the simplest is usually the right one, given the amount of work involved in making clues, and CiW had to work pretty hard on the puzzles and clues so far, and then monitor the chat in the forums to realize when things got off track and post new clues to make it just easy enought to solve, so now they are back to planning and executing the next phase, which depends on the LG15 storyline to move forward, so what we're doing is reading WAY to deeply while we wait for Oct. 1. As good as they are, I don't think the CiW crew composed the sonnet with deep multiple meanings, and they may not know which way the story is going, either.

I completely agree. I think CiW deliberately made the clue with multiple possibilities so that they(he/she whatever) could go in the direction that LG15 is steering toward.
Holmes Away From Home
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traptoe wrote:
I think the first one here was the source of the moonchild speculation.

Exodus 2:2
2And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

I have selected the verses from Exodus 22 that might have some bearing an interpretation of the poem. I thin 16, 17, and 24 seem the most interesting.

Exodus 22
16And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.
17If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
19Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
20He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
21Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
24And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

why has no one mentioned the "Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death"? Consider Daniel's handle, DanielBEAST, and his trademark position, laying on her bed? And perhaps the hot wax wrath ties in with Bree's candle shrines?
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mix in eBay Cassie and all the possible fakery, but it was pointed out that the amount paid for the tarot was $22.18
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In "My Helper" first posted on lonelygirl15.com (with revver) on Thursday, September 28th, 2006 at 5:26 pm (youtube got it at September 29, 2006, 09:20 AM), Bree says:

"...but I'm back on track now..."
and gives two thumbs up

This thread had been quiet after Luv2Luvem's post on
Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:35 pm

So.... did something get said in here that was right and deserved 2 thumbs up?
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
Not to mix in eBay Cassie and all the possible fakery, but it was pointed out that the amount paid for the tarot was $22.18

Shocked

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
bosquelito wrote:

Shocked

Actually, no, it was purchased for 11.70 GBP/21.93 USD.

EDIT: Item #170029811116 if anyone is interested.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: