Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lorem Ipsum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorem ipsum is a basic way of saying "This is filler". It's been used for years to test web design, printing, ect.

It doesn't mean anything.
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nos wrote:
Lorem ipsum is a basic way of saying "This is filler". It's been used for years to test web design, printing, ect.

It doesn't mean anything.

If I understood correctly the thing was there were real words stuck in between the typical Lorem Ipsum spiel.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah there are! thats what im confused about. i dont understand any of this mumble jumble. i just found it interesting. and i thought i would share...just in case it was important
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have one question - Is Lorem Ispsum addicting and will it keep you awake, I need to get some sleep!!!!!!
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha im not addicted. just confused. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
twistofreality
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacLorem is a program that generates "Lorem Ipsum" text. It has nothing to do with interpreting existing text or pulling text out of images. I'm afraid, romance, that, either your mom's friend doesn't know what he's doing with that particular program, or he's just pulling your leg.

This is not significant.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up.

he never emailed me back. so i figured as much.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistofreality wrote:
MacLorem is a program that generates "Lorem Ipsum" text. It has nothing to do with interpreting existing text or pulling text out of images. I'm afraid, romance, that, either your mom's friend doesn't know what he's doing with that particular program, or he's just pulling your leg.

This is not significant.

Exactly, and some word generators even splash a few English words in the middle of the Latin. Smile Actually, some English words are actually Latin, as well.

Oh, and it's very late, and I'm also working, so I hope that all made sense.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha perfect sense.
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile Something else that may be of help. In PSP, and probably other graphics programs, you can use "brushes" to kind of stamp images over images.

When we were still trying to break the poem, someone posted an image where they had marked out where the lorem ipsum pattern started repeated; they drew the lines. The conclusion I drew from that image and my modest experience with PSP was that it was a brush, used over the image to further obscure the poem.

But wow! Nice use of resources!
lgxy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above, lorem ispsum is simply what page layout, publishers, etc use to fill a bank age to display what their font, layout, and other aspects will preform like under a real world text delievery. It's good for many reasons, but mainly because it balances out well and has a lot of necessary features. Nice work though.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S is for Summer wrote:
Hi Smile Something else that may be of help. In PSP, and probably other graphics programs, you can use "brushes" to kind of stamp images over images.

When we were still trying to break the poem, someone posted an image where they had marked out where the lorem ipsum pattern started repeated; they drew the lines. The conclusion I drew from that image and my modest experience with PSP was that it was a brush, used over the image to further obscure the poem.

But wow! Nice use of resources!

I am going to have to agree with you. I have PSP9 and I have downloaded all kinds of crazy brushes.... actually i have a bible page brush.... thats irrelevent.... but i do think it is a brush, which also could mean that the holy bible picture was a tube or brush. I know of 3 programs that use brushes.

am fairly new to PSP...is there a way to remove brushed layers? j/w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: