Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OOOOOOH Birth of the Moonchild..I think this is it!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: OOOOOOH Birth of the Moonchild..I think this is it!! Reply with quote

Look at the dates! Remember how we've been talking about "the moonchild" and Bree being of the moon.. Check this out:

To begin the strange story of one of Pasadena's most beloved sons we must go back a bit, and begin in England on October 12, 1875. That was the birthday of Aleister Crowley, magician and occult thinker who is at the beginning of this tale. Crowley began his life's work upon his introduction into the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn; following the dissolution of the Golden Dawn, Crowley studied magick, Kabbalah, alchemy, tarot, astrology, and yoga. Ultimately, those studies led to his takeover of the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis), which he reformed around his Book of the Law with the organizing principle of his Law of Thelema: "Do what thou wilt."

The Great Beast, as Crowley was known later in his life, had many disciples who led chapters of the OTO and performed magickal rites per the holy books of Thelema. Foremost among these disciples in the United States was a young, self-educated scientist named John "Jack" Whiteside Parsons. Born to wealthy parents amongst the lavish mansions of Pasadena's Millionaire Row, Jack Parsons was a rebellious child who harbored contempt for authority and an early interest in the occult. His unique interests did not stop the young Parsons from a lengthy self-education in chemistry; he went on to co-found Jet Propulsion Laboratories (JPL) and invent the solid rocket fuel which made space flight possible. His good looks and charm earned him the nickname "The James Dean of Chemistry."

His amazing scientific achievements aside, Parsons was an avid student of the occult. He joined the OTO's Agape Lodge in 1941 and quickly proved himself to be worthy of Crowley's attention—he was appointed head of the Lodge within a year per a decree from the Great Beast himself. The appointment cemented Parsons' importance to Crowley and the OTO, and his status within the order allowed him to perform advanced magickal rites.

In his Book of the Law, Crowley writes of the coming Age of Horus, a time typified by bloodshed and chaos, which would usher in a new, enlightened age. For his part, Parsons wrote a ritual called the Bablon Working, intended to attract an elemental who would serve as a partner in the sex magick ritual necessary to birth a moonchild, or antichrist. To accomplish this end, Parsons worked with his close associate L. Ron Hubbard (yes, that L. Ron Hubbard) to create the vortex of energy necessary to summon the elemental.

The ritual was successful: the green-eyed, red-haired elemental appeared on his doorstep at 1003 South Orange Grove late one night, ready to perform the rites necessary to create the homunculus—the Thelemic messiah, "a living being in form resembling man, and possessing those qualities of man which distinguish him from beasts, namely intellect and power of speech, but neither begotten and born in the manner of human generation, nor inhabited by a human soul." The birth of this moonchild was the event that would perform the real magick of the Bablon Working: employing Enochian Calls (angelic language) which would open an inter-dimensional doorway, welcoming the goddess Babalon in human form to the Earth.

In simple terms, Parsons was opening a gate to Hell in an attempt to kickstart the Apocalypse.

Keep reading after the jump for in-depth accounts of the twelve-night magickal right of the Babalon Working.

It's from this link: http://www.lashtal.com/nuke/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=315&theme=Printer
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some very intriguing stuff. Whether it has bearing to the LG plot or not (and it seems quite familiar), it looks to be quite interesting.
Good find! Thanks...
randomtrickpony
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would explain the cephalopod tag (along with a number of other odd things...and Cassie's musings as well) I'm beginning to wonder about the whole thing myself, is CiW really a non-affiliated spinoff? Makes you wonder for a minute, doesn't it?
SR
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome info but... if it's true and the gamemasters see we've figured this out soearly, won't they take it in another direction?
Tomen
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is information that we should find, if its correct. why would they change it?

Bree = Beer

What does this mean?
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left out the most hilarious part of the story:

Quote:
One controversial aspect of Hubbard's early life revolves around his association with Jack Parsons, an aeronautics professor at Caltech and an associate of the British occultist Aleister Crowley. Hubbard and Parsons were allegedly engaged in the practice of ritual magick in 1946, including an extended set of sex magick rituals called the Babalon Working, intended to summon a goddess or "moonchild." (Among occultists today, it is widely accepted that Hubbard derived a large part of 'Dianetics' from Golden Dawn occult ideas such as the Holy Guardian Angel.) The Church insists Hubbard was a US government intelligence agent on a mission to end Parsons' magickal activities and to "rescue" a girl Parsons was "using" for magickal purposes. Critics dismiss these claims as after-the-fact rationalizations. Crowley recorded in his notes that he considered Hubbard a "stupid lout" who made off with Parsons' money and girlfriend in an "ordinary confidence trick". Discussions of these events can be found in the critical biographies.[32][33][34]

I think he also stole his yacht

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumb ass
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...that was pretty rude.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think spaciegirl was referring to Ron Hubbard...
Either that or I'm a dumbass...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going by the tone in their posting history...
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I was talking about Ol' Ronnie. sorry if that wasn't clear, but thanks for policing me kasdeja.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to keep things cordial since we all need to be working with each other and not degrading or working against each other.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SR wrote:
This is awesome info but... if it's true and the gamemasters see we've figured this out soearly, won't they take it in another direction?

but no one is listening
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Well...that was pretty rude.

Nothing rude about verbally harassing L. Ron Hubbard.

Fat, oppertunistic piece of shit.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

L. Ron Hubbard was not fat.

That is all.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: