Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DROP CONTENTS] I Get Around - Santa Cruz [5/26/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musique wrote:
Ok. You say the card might be a tarot card... "The Tower", with the numbers "XVI + I" correct? Also we're assuming the Magician and Star cards may be involved with this as well. The Fool has even been mentioned here. I have some background information from my own deck about the cards I will present here:

The major arcana, or cards #'s 1-21, describe the Fool's journey from card 0 to card 21. The Fool begins his journey innocent and eager. As he travels, he meets the archetype represented in each Major Arcana card image. From there, the Fool learns the lessons of life; upon reaching card 21, The World, he completes the cycle. My deck is known as the "Spiral Tarot", where the celtic spirals (inspired by designs found at the passage grave at Newgrange, Ireland), represent the Fool's journey as he/she begins the journey again, this time with a little more knowledge than before.

0 The Fool

The Fool is represented by a young man. He kneels in awe at the sight of the Grail. An angel guides him on his way. A black cat instinctively senses danger, in contrast to the Fool, who is fearless.

Divinatory meaning: Having trust in life. New beginnings. Faith. Optimism. Always follow your very own instinctive nature.

I The Magician

The Magician wears a cape bearing all the symbols of the Minor Arcana. He holds the caduceus aloft, bringing divine energy down to manifestation.

Divinatory meaning
: The skills of the universe are there for you. Important life-changing, communication may manifest in the form of letters, meetings, or via the Internet.

XVI The Tower

The Tower rises up to meet Zeus's thunderbolt. A king and queen fall from the flaming tower.

Divinatory meaning: The Tower is liberating; when we are complacent, it gives us a shake-up. Denotes destruction of old forms, creation of new structures, upheavals, and change.

XVII The Star

Here is Isis the Star Maiden, who comes to replenish the waters of life with her tears. She is the symbol of life eternal.

Divinatory meaning: Everything is all right. You have renewed trust in yourself and know from thsi moment you'll have the self-sufficiency to work out issues.

Hmm... Isis, Denderah, Star...

I think there is a specific link to the the Crowley Thoth Tarot deck.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: [DROP CONTENTS] I Get Around - Santa Cruz [5/26/07] Reply with quote

phipunk wrote:

Do we know what to do with it? As far as I recall, the only instruction we had for cure destruction involved mixing a powder with a liquid. If this is a gas, how is it supposed to be destroyed?

Only J2 was like that which you described. The rest have been gaseous - you just open the vial, and it's done.
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Sorry for taking so long to get this stuff up, I was too tired last night. Anyway, here's a quick summary with pictures. I'll work on the video today and post that soon too.

I did finally get the video to work before I left so I had an idea of what I was looking for. I thought it would probably be on the UC Santa Cruz campus, so I checked the website and saw the pictures of "Science Hill" that matched the video and knew that's where I should go first. We had no problem finding the right buildings and the envelope was under the first bench I checked - lucky! Thanks to Romy for being a great operator and everyone else in the chat/forum for helping too. I had a lot of fun.

Pictures:

Biology building:

Bench:

Drop:

Open envelope:

Message on front of cardboard:

Back of cardboard:

Card inside cardboard:

Card:

Close-up detail:

J8 vial:

I tried to take detailed pictures, but if there is something else you want photographed, let me know and I'll post it.

The card is definitely hand-drawn. There is what looks to be a code around the center phoenix/flame, some of it is shaded in and some of it is not shaded. The letters are difficult to make out - it's hard to tell the difference between the C's and G's.

I have not opened the vial yet, let me know if and when you'd like me to do so.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work! Are those letters/words along the left side of the tower?

Also: the DNA sequence written on the circle enclosing the phoenix is the same as that in TravelerJ19's "History Lessons (Coded Rings)" - it's the recognition sequence of the restriction enzyme EcoRI. I don't think that this is necessarily particularly significant.
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letters in that circle around the phoenix look almost like those dna codes you all have been using to decipher the messages.

G | AATTC
CTTAAG
CTTAA | G
C | AATTG

I cannot tell if some of those "C"s are "G"s or not, so I know I copied this incorrectly.
I wonder... "tor", and I apologize if this has been discussed already, usually means "tower", i.e. Glastonbury Tor in England. The numbers I am unsure of.

Last edited by Musique on Sun May 27, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't touch the Thoth deck with a ten foot pole. Wink
cainam
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was thinking maybe morse code....
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musique wrote:
RedRevolver wrote:

Well, there is a phoenix in The Tower of the Crowley deck, like in the hand drawn card.

Crowley is also a big part of the LG15 plot.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:
Musique wrote:
RedRevolver wrote:

Well, there is a phoenix in The Tower of the Crowley deck, like in the hand drawn card.

Crowley is also a big part of the LG15 plot.

LOL I meant I personally would not physically touch the actual deck, nor use it for readings. There haven't been any doubts in my mind that someone is using the Thoth deck as a reference (and tie-in to LG15).
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the card makes me nervous. Mostly because of the phoenix. As we all know the phoenix dies in a burst of flames and then is re born from the ashes...

Second lifeish. And I think a sure sign that this is indeed a game jack. just MO of course.
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Morse code Reply with quote

cainam wrote:
Quote:

I was thinking maybe morse code....

Took the words right out of my mouth. Especially the lines in the base of the tower and the top two layers (those without segments). Could we get close-ups of these to make sure we get the dots and dashes right?
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: game-jacks Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:
the card makes me nervous. Mostly because of the phoenix. As we all know the phoenix dies in a burst of flames and then is re born from the ashes...

Second lifeish. And I think a sure sign that this is indeed a game jack. just MO of course.

For those like me, who are new to the arg world: why does this seem like a game jack? deagol mentioned tarot in CA being a tip-off. Is there a "10 ways to tell your game's been jacked." FAQ on the net somewhere? And is there a protocol for dealing with such? At what point to the PMs do something?
cainam
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja sent these in the irc chan....

Edit: Seems the top block and bottom block match when i try to decode i get this...............c2vre6z.

Last edited by cainam on Sun May 27, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:

Kind of like in the Facility J logo . . . Shocked

ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
ShardinsKitten wrote:

Kind of like in the Facility J logo . . . Shocked

I never noticed that before lol. Well I noticed it but didn't make the connection that it was a phoenix before.

Could we get that link into a tiny url please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: