Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DROP CONTENTS] I Get Around - Santa Cruz [5/26/07]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: [DROP CONTENTS] I Get Around - Santa Cruz [5/26/07] Reply with quote

Please use this thread to discuss the contents of the drop. Please keep off topic convo on the dl.

The drop contents were as follows:

A VIAL:

Quote:
labeled with 'J8'. It looks to have air or gas inside. It is essentially empty.

A PIECE OF CARDBOARD:

Quote:

This read "you know what to do with the vail, I will be expecting you to demonstrate that the work has been accomplished"

(vial was spelled wrong, to read vail)

A CARD:

Quote:
It looks to be hand drawn. It looks like a tarot card. It has a castle with fire up around it. Above the castle is a picture of a phoenix rising from the ashes. The phoenix is in the middle and above it is a double faced head.

Across the top reads:

XVI + I

across the bottom it reads:

athentor

There is nothing on the backside of the card.

Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!

Last edited by romanceismusic on Sat May 26, 2007 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the card is The Tower tarot card. It fits somewhat your description and is the 16th card in the deck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tower_%28Tarot_card%29 - The 'The Tower' Wiki entry.

Aeclectic Tarot

Original link here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/basics/tower.shtml

Quote:

THE TOWER

Basic Card Symbols

A tower on a rocky outcropping, a powerful bolt of lightning, one or two figures falling from the tower, sometimes waves crashing below.

Basic Tarot Story

As the Fool leaves the throne of the Goat God, he comes upon a Tower, fantastic, magnificent, and familiar. In fact, The Fool, himself, helped build this Tower back when the most important thing to him was making his mark on the world and proving himself better than other men. Inside the Tower, at the top, arrogant men still live, convinced of their rightness. Seeing the Tower again, the Fool feels as if lightning has just flashed across his mind; he thought he'd left that old self behind when he started on this spiritual journey. But he realizes now that he hasn't. He's been seeing himself, like the Tower, like the men inside, as alone and singular and superior, when in fact, he is no such thing. So captured is he by the shock of this insight, that he opens his mouth and releases a SHOUT! And to his astonishment and terror, as if the shout has taken form, a bolt of actual lightning slashes down from the heavens, striking the Tower and sending its residents leaping out into the waters below.

In a moment, it is over. The Tower is rubble, only rocks remaining. Stunned and shaken to the core, the Fool experiences grief, profound fear and disbelief. But also, a strange clarity of vision, as if his inner eye has finally opened. He tore down his resistance to change and sacrifice (Hanged man), then broke free of his fear and preconceptions of death (Death); he dissolved his belief that opposites cannot be merged (Temperance) and shattered the chains of ambition and desire (The Devil). But here and now, he has done what was hardest: destroyed the lies he held about himself. What's left is the bare, absolute truth. On this he can rebuild his soul.

Basic Tarot Meaning

With Mars as its ruling planet, the Tower is a card about war, a war between the structures of lies and the lightning flash of truth. The Tower, as Wang points out, stands for "false concepts and institutions that we take for real." When the Querent gets this card, they can expect to be shaken up, to be blinded by a shocking revelation. It sometimes takes that to see a truth that one refuses to see. Or to bring down beliefs that are so well constructed. What's most important to remember is that the tearing down of this structure, however painful, makes room for something new to be built.

Thirteen's Observations

No card scares a Tarot reader like the Tower - or the person they're reading for if that person knows anything about Tarot cards. It is however one of the clearest cards when it comes to meaning. False structures, false institutions, false beliefs are going to come tumbling down, suddenly, violently and all at once. What's important to remember as a tarot reader is that the one you're reading for likely does not know that something is false. Not yet. To the contrary, they probably believe that their lover is being faithful, that their religious beliefs are true and right, that there are no problems in their family structure, that everything is fine at work...oh, and that they're fine. Just fine, really.

Alas, they're about to get a very rude awakening. Shaken up, torn down, blown asunder. And all a reader can really do to soften the blow is assure the Querent that it is for the best. Nothing built on a lie, on falsehoods, can remain standing for long. Better to tear it all down and rebuild on the truth. It is not going to be pleasant or painless or easy, but it will be for the best.

Athentor when translated from German to English means:

Athens Gate.

Google and wikipedia are no help whatsoever.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You much faster than i was i only got to the wiki page. heres my interpritation of this

Quote:

In fact, The Fool, himself, helped build this Tower back when the most important thing to him was making his mark on the world and proving himself better than other men.

His most important thing was what ever they were doing in Facility J. He felt he was makeing his mark on the world.

Quote:
Inside the Tower, at the top, arrogant men still live, convinced of their rightness.

The order.

Quote:
Seeing the Tower again, the Fool feels as if lightning has just flashed across his mind; he thought he'd left that old self behind when he started on this spiritual journey. But he realizes now that he hasn't. He's been seeing himself, like the Tower, like the men inside, as alone and singular and superior, when in fact, he is no such thing.

He had a change of heart.

Quote:
So captured is he by the shock of this insight, that he opens his mouth and releases a SHOUT! And to his astonishment and terror, as if the shout has taken form, a bolt of actual lightning slashes down from the heavens, striking the Tower and sending its residents leaping out into the waters below.

Facility J was shut down i belive

Quote:
In a moment, it is over. The Tower is rubble, only rocks remaining. Stunned and shaken to the core, the Fool experiences grief, profound fear and disbelief. But also, a strange clarity of vision, as if his inner eye has finally opened.

He envisioned what he is now doing?

Quote:
He tore down his resistance to change and sacrifice (Hanged man), then broke free of his fear and preconceptions of death (Death); he dissolved his belief that opposites cannot be merged (Temperance) and shattered the chains of ambition and desire (The Devil). But here and now, he has done what was hardest: destroyed the lies he held about himself. What's left is the bare, absolute truth. On this he can rebuild his soul.

Hes telling us the truth stop dobting him.

This seams to describe him so well
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...if I is another tarot card then by tradition it should be 'The Magician'.

But reading about that card doesn't really seem to go with the actual game, or with the 'The Tower' card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magician_%28Tarot_card%29

*who is we?*

VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came from the wiki pages external links.

This is a data base of differnt tarrot decks we should try to find the one with this phonix which i dont see mentioned in any descriptions on wiki or elsewhere.
http://trionfi.com/tarot/cards/16-tower/

XVI + I dont know allot about tarots do they have numbers?
Are we looking for card 16 and 1? or 17?
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeiwerZane wrote:
This came from the wiki pages external links.

This is a data base of differnt tarrot decks we should try to find the one with this phonix which i dont see mentioned in any descriptions on wiki or elsewhere.
http://trionfi.com/tarot/cards/16-tower/

XVI + I dont know allot about tarots do they have numbers?
Are we looking for card 16 and 1? or 17?

Well, I'm thinking 16 and 1, because the Tower is #16 and is alight like the description of the hand-drawn one.

Ahahahaha, VeiwerZane. It's the Crowley Deck.

Really, we only should have known. But still.

http://www.onestopgames.co.uk/filedome/v.php?id=94352crowley_thetower.jpg - # Deck * Crowley Tarot, AGMüller, Switzerland (1938-1944 / 1978)

*who is we?*

VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if you read everything on this page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot_card#Early_tarot_decks

But try to find the part in the below quote. It has the magitian on one side and the tower the other. This bit raised my curiosity.

Quote:
widely-used esoteric Tarot deck is Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot (pronounced /təʊt/ or /θɒθ/). The often controversial Crowley engaged the artist Lady Frieda Harris to paint the cards for the deck.

I checked card 17 (16+1) The star. Its interesting just becuase it features a female and water. I think it may be the wrong way about it. I think we are looking for something to do with the magitian.

Quote:
A naked woman kneels by the water; one foot is in the water, one foot is on the land. Above her head a star shines out. In each hand she holds a jug. From one jug she pours a liquid into the water. From the other jug she pours a liquid onto the land. In other, older decks a woman (or sometimes even a man) is simply looking and sometimes gesturing at a large star in the sky

EDIT Ah your ahead of me again i noticed the crowley thing and posted as you edited.
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz.

http://www.tarot.com/about-tarot/decks/browsedecks.php?newdeck=5

All 80 cards.

Look specifically at 'The Tower' and 'The Magician'/'The Magus'.

*who is we?*

ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in no shape to really get into the contents of the drop atm. I'll take a closer look later today after I've had some sleep. But I'm glad the drop was found and retrieved. Great job guys.

does anyone else find it strange that he wants to see that the vial has been destroyed? We have never been asked that before.... We always just did assuming that's what they wanted, but we have never straight up been told to do it.
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to film it?!

Really, I missed that completely.

*who is we?*

TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRevolver wrote:
We have to film it?!

Really, I missed that completely.

Not entirely surprising, given our previous talk of holding a vial hostage.
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: 09:00 Reply with quote

I noticed last night that JayNineteen's profile that accompanied the video "I Get Around" ends with '09:00'. Is this just the drop time, or might it have something to do with what was inside?

Sorry if this has already been covered, just didn't want it to go undiscussed.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm concerned about this being a tarot card, given the history of tarot cards in drops in California... it's like a jacker's signature. Neutral
Musique
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. You say the card might be a tarot card... "The Tower", with the numbers "XVI + I" correct? Also we're assuming the Magician and Star cards may be involved with this as well. The Fool has even been mentioned here. I have some background information from my own deck about the cards I will present here:

The major arcana, or cards #'s 1-21, describe the Fool's journey from card 0 to card 21. The Fool begins his journey innocent and eager. As he travels, he meets the archetype represented in each Major Arcana card image. From there, the Fool learns the lessons of life; upon reaching card 21, The World, he completes the cycle. My deck is known as the "Spiral Tarot", where the celtic spirals (inspired by designs found at the passage grave at Newgrange, Ireland), represent the Fool's journey as he/she begins the journey again, this time with a little more knowledge than before.

0 The Fool

The Fool is represented by a young man. He kneels in awe at the sight of the Grail. An angel guides him on his way. A black cat instinctively senses danger, in contrast to the Fool, who is fearless.

Divinatory meaning: Having trust in life. New beginnings. Faith. Optimism. Always follow your very own instinctive nature.

I The Magician

The Magician wears a cape bearing all the symbols of the Minor Arcana. He holds the caduceus aloft, bringing divine energy down to manifestation.

Divinatory meaning
: The skills of the universe are there for you. Important life-changing, communication may manifest in the form of letters, meetings, or via the Internet.

XVI The Tower

The Tower rises up to meet Zeus's thunderbolt. A king and queen fall from the flaming tower.

Divinatory meaning: The Tower is liberating; when we are complacent, it gives us a shake-up. Denotes destruction of old forms, creation of new structures, upheavals, and change.

XVII The Star

Here is Isis the Star Maiden, who comes to replenish the waters of life with her tears. She is the symbol of life eternal.

Divinatory meaning: Everything is all right. You have renewed trust in yourself and know from thsi moment you'll have the self-sufficiency to work out issues.

Hmm... Isis, Denderah, Star...
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: [DROP CONTENTS] I Get Around - Santa Cruz [5/26/07] Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
Please use this thread to discuss the contents of the drop. Please keep off topic convo on the dl.

The drop contents were as follows:

A VIAL:

Quote:
labeled with 'J8'. It looks to have air or gas inside. It is essentially empty.

A PIECE OF CARDBOARD:

Quote:

This read "you know what to do with the vail, I will be expecting you to demonstrate that the work has been accomplished"

(vial was spelled wrong, to read vail)

Do we know what to do with it? As far as I recall, the only instruction we had for cure destruction involved mixing a powder with a liquid. If this is a gas, how is it supposed to be destroyed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: