Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DROP CONTENTS] I Get Around - Santa Cruz [5/26/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musique wrote:
Maybe "Vail" is the new girl's last name?

Vail: –verb (used with object)
1. to let sink; lower.
2. Archaic. to take off or doff (one's hat), as in respect or submission.

[Origin: 1300–50; ME valen, aph. var. of avalen (now obs.) < MF avaler to move down, v. deriv. of phrase a val down (lit., to the valley) (a to (< L ad) + val vale)]

–verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
1. to be of use or profit; avail.
–noun
2. a tip; gratuity.

It isn't her last name. I tried that...:/.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you attempted any of the tarot names? tower,magition,star

XVI+I could be the clue to her name. Im just looking at all the options
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent drop video! Ooh, and a new character and everything...
cainam
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:

Also: the DNA sequence written on the circle enclosing the phoenix is the same as that in TravelerJ19's "History Lessons (Coded Rings)" - it's the recognition sequence of the restriction enzyme EcoRI. I don't think that this is necessarily particularly significant.

Thought I'd post the screen cap.....These images are very similar.

Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've started listing names we have tried for her last name over here in the new character thread.

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So if you have tried a name, please make sure to list it over there. Thanks Smile
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is in the Jay correspondence too but thought I would move it here with the drop contents as well, so we could look at it all together and maybe get some light shed on well something.

Musique wrote:

Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J8 has been destroyed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQREd7XXbQ

I sent a message to Jay through YouTube to let him know the task has been completed.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
J8 has been destroyed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQREd7XXbQ

Safety first!
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys... I think we need to take another look at the card, especially ATHENTOR. Jay doensn't make spelling mistakes. In the last message he sent, he says to check his spelling (link). I think there is something here - Athentor should be Athanor. Ideas?

Oh and cainam pointed out in chat that the 'O' is really small - much smaller than the other letters - mean anything?
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Guys... I think we need to take another look at the card, especially ATHENTOR. Jay doensn't make spelling mistakes. In the last message he sent, he says to check his spelling (link). I think there is something here - Athentor should be Athanor. Ideas?

Oh and cainam pointed out in chat that the 'O' is really small - much smaller than the other letters - mean anything?

I was thinking the same thing.

Among those letters, 'O' is the only one that is not an amino acid symbol:

http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/referenc/nomcla.html

Perhaps it means a literal 'o' (not a codon-shift symbol) or a zero?

Another thought is that athentor is a vigenere key, but I'm really not sure where the cipher might be.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:

Quote:
This may be a stretch for those of you who are more firmly based in logic, but to understand the remainder of the embedded information, it's time to journey into the realms of archetype and allegory.

-J

P.S. As deagol will attest, I most certainly do make spelling mistakes. If you are ever uncertain, simply ask.

I think he's saying Athentor = Athanor is indeed a spelling mistake, and the rest of the puzzle is based on the symbolism in the tarot and alchemical imagery.

Water. Fire. A protected environment inside the tower. Transmutation of whatever's inside, through lightning, into DNA. Reminds me of the Miller-Urey experiment. The only image that doesn't fit well is the double face/arms, although it fits with Jay's "man is at once the Prime Matter and the Athanor of The Work."
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:

I think he's saying Athentor = Athanor is indeed a spelling mistake, and the rest of the puzzle is based on the symbolism in the tarot and alchemical imagery.

Water. Fire. A protected environment inside the tower. Transmutation of whatever's inside, through lightning, into DNA. Reminds me of the Miller-Urey experiment. The only image that doesn't fit well is the double face/arms, although it fits with Jay's "man is at once the Prime Matter and the Athanor of The Work."

Agreed.

I noticed that "ATHENTOR" has a bunch of common words as subwords: "a", "the", "or". I decided to give it a spin in the anagram machine. There aren't too many, maybe a few hundred. Here are a few that jumped out as possibly meaningful in this context:

NO THREAT
TAROT HEN (not very kind to Sandi!)
NOT AT HER

There may very well be other anagrams that are pertinent, so please throw them here if you see something I missed. I honestly don't know if I think this is the right path, as it doesn't deal with the small 'o', or the specific ways that it differs from "Athanor". But hey, it might tie in with something later on, so better to have gotten it out of my brain and onto the page.
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cainam wrote:
TOSG wrote:

Also: the DNA sequence written on the circle enclosing the phoenix is the same as that in TravelerJ19's "History Lessons (Coded Rings)" - it's the recognition sequence of the restriction enzyme EcoRI. I don't think that this is necessarily particularly significant.

Thought I'd post the screen cap.....These images are very similar.

Thoughts on this:

The big difference between the images is the point at the top. This looks to me like the shape of a water droplet, or maybe a knob that can be turned to a setting (like an oven knob). Either way, there's some fire-water relationship going on.

I just rewatched the "coded rings" video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mM6Eo0VyG8 ), and noticed that the doubled ring (as pictured above) is a "post-clone" version. This would seem to tie in with the two faced head at the top of the tower, and with the repeated morse code.
cainam
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad to see that I am not the only one spinning my wheels on this. Ive shot several ideas to J but haven't got a response. Don't know where else to go from here......
cainam
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was rambling to myself in irc, im not sure how relevant any of this is but here it is.

[08:34:16pm] <@cainam> You're interpretation of ATHENToR is not to literal, but perhaps too narrow <<<<<<<<<<another spelling error?
[08:34:37pm] <@cainam> he got right once in the sentence
[08:34:44pm] <@cainam> typo?
[08:35:36pm] <@cainam> Q. Does the two faced figure have anything to do with Janus?
[08:35:36pm] <@cainam> A. Yes, and more. Don't limit your research.
[08:36:02pm] <@cainam> as to this the word january is supposed to come from janus
[08:36:11pm] <@cainam> and i think january also is aquarius?
[08:39:24pm] <@cainam> # Aquarius - January 21 - February 19
[08:39:36pm] <@cainam> our star is aquarius
[08:45:51pm] * @cainam goes on chatting with himself
* Retrieving #facilityj modes...
[08:54:52pm] * Joins: Musique (n=musique@ool-44c4a1da.dyn.optonline.net)
[08:56:59pm] <@cainam> hi Musique
[08:57:00pm] * Quits: Musique (n=musique@ool-44c4a1da.dyn.optonline.net) (Client Quit)
[09:06:00pm] <@cainam> Then Tor began to teach those who followed him that Sol was wrong to place them on Olympia, and that all deserved to live in the Heavens as Gods. He whispered to Man that they should be as the sons of Sol, and he taught Men the secrets of magic, which Sol had forbidden.
[09:06:34pm] <@cainam> maybe the magician?
[09:10:15pm] <@cainam> What is certain is that some men still seek greedily after the powers that Tor shared with Man. Wizards in lonely towers spend endless hours studying the tomes and artifacts from the time before the Rebellion hoping to unlock their secrets
[09:20:34pm] <@cainam> People listen and agree with him. He also has an interest in science. He might be, in fact, a doctor or scientist or inventor
[09:23:17pm] <@cainam> last line in reagrds to the magician tarot card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: