Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

downloading video???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: downloading video??? Reply with quote

hey guys i remember seing a post around here a while ago as to how to save a video on youtube onto your own computer...can anybody tellm e how....because im hoping to upload a video onto youtube, then download it onto my computer so that i can edit it in movie maker...if that made any sense lol..........well if u understood that please tell me how to do it......or if you know where the old topic is plz reply........thanks guys Wink
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that process doesn't make sense to me...

why not edit it before putting it on youtube???

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That process doesn't sound like it makes sense to me either, but here's a couple of sites you can use to download YT videos:

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
http://youtubex.com/

Be aware that it's going to download them as FLV files, though, so if you're going to be editing them, you'll need to convert them to another format first. Use an FLV converter like this one:

http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?encoder&L=3
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanx guys.....the only reason i dont edit it before is because when i record a video on my camera, its in a weird format and i havent found a converter that supports it.......weird i know lol..........so my idea is........that i will download it onto youtube, then download it back onto my computer, then convert it, and finally edit it lol feuwwwwwwwwww that took a whilek, and i was just talking about it, and not evevn doing it.........lol so if that made any sense, do you think that it will work????? .................ps: thanx again, i will definitly download those and try when i get a chance...........Wink..........which will hopefully be tmrw........key word.......hopefully lol Wink
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the format? And what program are you using to edit?

I just load the video right into windows movie maker and its in a format that can be edited from there.
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm i have no idea but i have previously downloaded more than 5 video format converters from download.com and none of them have worked.....but will my idea from above work??? i mean uploading it onto youtube, and then doing all that stuff...........do you think that it will work?????????
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just think it's a lot of unnecessary steps if you can just figure out why you are having problems with the orginal file format.

Listen, it's so simple. Take the file you wanted to convert and RIGHT CLICK on it. Then click on PROPERTIES. There it will tell you what file format it is in. Now tell us.

Some people have had problems here on the forum before where they didn't "produce" their edited file from their editing software and were trying to upload the actual editing file... which won't work. If you are trying to do that then you won't be able to do what you are talking about. The editing file isn't a playable media, EXCEPT in your editing program.
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm ok i did that and it said that the file system is UDF is that it??? sorry im kinda slow lol i dont know much about it : /
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link probably won't help you, I'm just leaving it here for my reference later: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format

Sounds like you use a camcorder that records directly to DVD???

If thats so, then unfortunately I can't help you, or at least can't help you as much as I would like.

How do you edit your videos? Or have you not been able to so far?
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm yeah my camcorder records directly onto those small dvd's........and i havent been able to edit my video yet...or upload it onto reveer....although it does upload onto youtube????.........gosh im so confused now lol

um ok i just double checked the formats....but ok when i open the folder with the video....it has like 5 subfiles i guess, but all of them have the same video...its just that the formats are different, ok they say...........

BUP file
IFO file
VOB file

and then it jsut repeats those 3 files again, so basically theres 6 files under that folder, but they all have the same video, jsut different formats..............did that make any sense???
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be confused. It uploads to YouTube because YT allows that file format. Revver does not.

I don't want to confuse you more! I was just hoping to find an easy way for you to edit your video without having to upload, download, and then file convert. All of those can be very time consuming.

Gimmeh a few hours to do a little research. There might be programs that allow you to edit a .udf file. But don't wait for me if you need to get your video done. Just go ahead and upload to YT and download using one of the sites that was given in a previous post.
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgosh thank you so much, lol no im in no rush, its jsut that i have been trying for a month now, but no such luck, ive posted on more then like 10 different forums about it lol...(that i had ro register for) nobody seems to know the problem.......thanxs a million Wink
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a problem with anything with the file. I think the only "problem" is that you don't have much knowledge with all of this. And that really isn't a problem, everyone starts somewhere!

What editing software were you planning on using? Windows Movie Maker? iMovie? Telling me if you have a Mac or PC would help too, because I can't help you much if you have a Mac.

Okay I realize that your camera records to DVDs, but did it come with a USB connection? That is important to know too. What connections did it come with? If it's not your camera, you should ask whoever owns it what connections it came with.

I can help more once I know this Smile
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol umm ok im planning on using the movie maker that comes with my PC....and nop, the cameras mine, and it didnt come with any connection cables..... : / .......does that help any???
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does. I guess I find it a bit strange that it didn't come with a USB cable. I read somewhere online that the DVD cameras use USB to transfer. Maybe not all do.

Okay try this. Open Windows Movie Maker and then go to IMPORT VIDEO on the left hand side. There it should give you the option to chose your video. At the bottom of that box there is an option to change the file type. Change it to ALL FILES and try to import your .udf file that way.

Let me know if that works.

If it doesn't, then the best way might be what you were talking about. I have been using a free trial of POWER DIRECTOR 6.0, and that program allows you to import DVD files (what you have!) but it's only a 30 day trial and costs $90 to buy. I'm still trying to decide if I should get it or not :\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: