Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wading through all this...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Wading through all this... Reply with quote

So it's obvious that ciw is proving at least as popular as LG15 - if in discussion and theorizing more so than viewing. (That's impressive, too, since she's just given us two videos and a few other messages.) The problem is, it's becomming extremely difficult to wade through all the posts, especially since so many people are new to the boards, there's repeated postings in several threads, people go off in discussion of issues unrelated to the thread, etc. Then you have two announcements and a few stickies pushing the threads down, assorted polls that, themselves, have three or more pages of discussion, and so on...

I love the long posts where we dissect clues/messages and post our theories, and I love how people here are helping each other and contributing to this storyline. It's just getting impossible to keep up on these things when wading through all the other discussions. Might it be time to split this board yet again, or is there another way to keep other discussions separate so it's easier to get to the meat of this without following 30-plus pages of threads?

I love this whole thing, but even though I'm on this site often enough to probably lose my job, alienate my friends, and starve my dog, I'm not able to keep up... Sad
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that is difficult, especially considering many of the long discussions lead to the epiphanies. I'm working on a new FAQ that should help everyone keep up, just need to find more hours in a 24 hour period to actually finish it. Laughing
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Unfortunately that is difficult, especially considering many of the long discussions lead to the epiphanies. I'm working on a new FAQ that should help everyone keep up, just need to find more hours in a 24 hour period to actually finish it. Laughing

Whew, that's the problem! Not enough hours in the day! Smile

What if we have a board for discussion of Cassie clues, messages, and videos and one for discussion of YT Cassie herself, where we'd put the polls and discussion of her role in the storyline and such? That way, the sleuthing-minded folks can stay focused on one and pass by the theorizing and playful discussions in the other? Because sometimes the threads of clue discussions get mixed in with the other stuff, and sometimes they're pushed way down and it's hard to know which threads to follow...
space girl lost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno... the way that unfiction has their thread titles is helpful. before opening it you have an idea what it is about. maybe if there was some sort of format for thread titles we could keep up with what is theory, what is clues (and when they came up) and so forth???
TehSpectre
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are a few threads on here that look as if they are going to be merged into older ones again.

One of mine was even though it was the first full dissection and interpretation of the poem thread around and was going to keep updating it with the newer and better ideas...it is forever lost in the sea that is the....Now we know what it is let's interpret it thread.

T.T

*Teary eyes*

-H.P. Lovecraft
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday or the day before i was starting to think the same thing. There's just too much here on this one board. But since I couldn't even guess at how to better organize all this, I didn't post. Glad to see someone at least put it out there for suggestions.

I for one am really only interested in solving CiW's mystery, so if there was a way to segment all that info on one board, I'd be a very happy camper.
covedweller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you sort of fear that with it all being a step behing LG15 that CiW is going to end right after LG15 with a "that happened to me too" sort of vibe to it?

It just makes me wonder how much was actually planned out in advance, and how much has just been thrown together in the wake of that great first video...

So far, the most original bit of revealed story to not come out of the LG15 universe is the Loveline call.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: