Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Hymn of One Logo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vintage_Angel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: The Hymn of One Logo Reply with quote

I don't know why I haven't noticed this before. And knowing my luck y'all probably already know this.

Anyway, have any of you noticed at the Hymn of One "logo",

Is an upside down Fermata, in music a fermata means to hold a note as long as the director holds it. It could range from the notes original count or go on for many counts.

Yea... just a little bit of useless info for y'all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's been noticed, but it's not necessarily useless, considering the Hymn of One's emphasis on music.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Hymn of One Logo Reply with quote

Vintage_Angel wrote:
Is an upside down Fermata, in music a fermata means to hold a note as long as the director holds it. It could range from the notes original count or go on for many counts.
In piano a fermata means you always hold it for more than the original count. (Not that I think it matters, but I had to chime in. Smile)

Especially after watching the last video, I think it means you are supposed to 'let go' of all your regrets/worries/fears.
Chartreuse
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just thought it... looked... similar to the Op symbol. That's cool though.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is. All the musical linkies!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vintage_Angel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the only reason I noticed it, was because I was practicing my graduation song, and music had pretty much taken a good hold on my life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww cool Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jazztuck
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all aboslutely right. It's basically an upside down fermata. But here's my question.
At the beginning of all of this, when Bree was preparing for the "ceremony," how come there was nothing about music, a "hymn," nothing about music...?
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the Hymn of One is just a front for the Order. It isn't an actual religion.
jazztuck
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
Because the Hymn of One is just a front for the Order. It isn't an actual religion.

Yes, but in the beginning, Bree didn't know anything about the order, just the religion. So why wasn't there anything having to do with music back then?
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazztuck wrote:
colbertnationgirl wrote:

Yes, but in the beginning, Bree didn't know anything about the order, just the religion. So why wasn't there anything having to do with music back then?
The Order fronts as a religion as well, but the Hymn of One is a recruiting branch. I don't think Bree would be involved in it.
Melisa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Hymn of One one way to back up for Op?
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Hymn of One Logo Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
Vintage_Angel wrote:
In piano a fermata means you always hold it for more than the original count. (Not that I think it matters, but I had to chime in. Smile)

Especially after watching the last video, I think it means you are supposed to 'let go' of all your regrets/worries/fears.
'

seems more like a submilinal "let us brainwash you" or a "turn the concept of brainwashing on its head"
I've seen that symbol in choir, and what do we do? we have to hold our note until the director says otherwise!
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazztuck wrote:
You're all aboslutely right. It's basically an upside down fermata. But here's my question.
At the beginning of all of this, when Bree was preparing for the "ceremony," how come there was nothing about music, a "hymn," nothing about music...?

we're not sure there wasn't. for starters, i think it was made clear that Bree was totally kept in the dark about the ceremony, but what if she had to sing a tune she knew with echonacian lyrics, a language she was learning?
i'm just saying it's not all that out there.
Vintage_Angel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Hymn of One Logo Reply with quote

Wow, I'm amazed, my "useless" info has turned into something intersting.

colbertnationgirl wrote:
Vintage_Angel wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking a little bit after I posted this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: