Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locking threads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Locking threads Reply with quote

Locking threads because you don't agree with someone's actions is not the answer.. DELETE the posts and MESSAGE those people informing them that continued talk of tresspassing is a bannable offensee sus...th or something.. I am PRETTY PISSED..cause I just pieced together a fantastic argument that put a LOT of stuff together..and it was LOST cause the topic was locked... So you punished ALL for the suggestions of a few..yet suggestions remain. It is the FILM MAKERS JOB to make sure we can't find places they don't want us to find.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with lord!

very few people live in the area, and of those, how many are going to be able to find it without "here's-the-address-in-code"?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully support not going to that house for the reasons stated...but I'd say most of us were NOT talking about anything but the videa and certainly NOT posting any support for tracking down this house...so couldn't the posts in question just be deleted and the thread unlocked???
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, to be fair, maybe that's what's being done, and there's just enough that it takes some time.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I started thinking about privacy..and just like OUR Joining this message board opens our IP address info up for Moderators and Admin to see.. On that NOTE.. WHEN they Film a set in an interactive game.. it is expected that SOMEONE may find the place..they give up some of the rights to privacy upon filming the location. As long as people don't go there and break the law it should be up to us. If it's NOT ok for us to go to a place..it should not be filmed..especially in an interactive game. That is something incumbent upon the FILM MAKERS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
900degrees
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to lock a thread to be able to delete postings, so what's the point. Also doesn't keep people from starting a new thread posting the same thing again.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
Actually I started thinking about privacy..and just like OUR Joining this message board opens our IP address info up for Moderators and Admin to see.. On that NOTE.. WHEN they Film a set in an interactive game.. it is expected that SOMEONE may find the place..they give up some of the rights to privacy upon filming the location. As long as people don't go there and break the law it should be up to us. If it's NOT ok for us to go to a place..it should not be filmed..especially in an interactive game. That is something incumbent upon the FILM MAKERS.

I agree with this point. In the past, the creators have been careful to show anonymous outdoor locations. The learning to drive video, for example, starts in front of a stone wall. They could have done the same thing here (had Bree meet this woman somewhere).

There's a reason this house is shown, and the creators did say they were going to put interactive elements into this after all.

But I wholeheartedly discourage people from trespassing on this property or in the neighborhood. I merely suggest that finding this house (driving by is not trespassing) may yield a clue or may not. I don't live in CA and could not find it.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the point is moot bc trying to find THAT house SOMEWHERE in the LA area would be REALLY difficult... they did a good job in this vid to not show any signs, etc...
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc wrote:
i think the point is moot bc trying to find THAT house SOMEWHERE in the LA area would be REALLY difficult... they did a good job in this vid to not show any signs, etc...

In which case they didn their job..but actually I know exactly how to find it and probably could.. I just don't think it's important. So I am not going to say how at this point.

sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give us the stuff you came up with! (not the house thing, the theory you were working on)
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc wrote:
give us the stuff you came up with! (not the house thing, the theory you were working on)

It took me 20 minutes to put together...and it has me pretty PISSED..I'll do it later.

Brooklyn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are nervous because the houses they film at are the creators. Bree's room and Daniel's room are the rooms in the houses of the creators of the show.

I can see why they would be paranoid of fans finding where they live, possibly?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn wrote:
I think they are nervous because the houses they film at are the creators.

It wasn't a creator who locked the thread. Showing a house may or may not have been intentional, but in the past, they did seem careful not to show any specific locations...

Most likely, this is just a house they used in the video. If so, it probably wasn't very smart to show it so much... surely they had to think someone is going to go looking for it to find Bree inside and say hi! Not that I'm suggesting people tresspass![/i]
unlimite-dj
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
sc wrote:

In which case they didn their job..but actually I know exactly how to find it and probably could.. I just don't think it's important. So I am not going to say how at this point.

I doubt that you could find it. there are 0 clues, not even the house address number. It's just a house that looks like many others.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know who's house it is...if they are paranoid about fans..film elsewhere..can the project... GROW UP. Welcome to hollywood. Do a records search on whichever creator it is BAM..you have it. It's stated in the Lonelygirl is an actress news reports that they filmed at his house.. That info is OUT there ALREADY.. You should lock the friggin New York Times TOO Nora. What if we wanna star watch? We're fans...what if we wanna be papparazzi..as long as we dont break the law..who cares.. If we are a nusciance the cops will tell us to go.. L.A. Cops are well versed in handling this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: